Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
How good is Magi in your opinion?
I read somewhere that Magi is pretty "meh" when unartefacted, but looking at their skills they're pretty damn strong. Not to mention Crystalism which attacks enemies in the entire room, which makes for some fantastic area control. And then there are golems and all that stuff which really makes me wanna go for it.
So can someone tell me:
- Are they good enough unartefacted to fight at top tiers? I really love pvp and its one of the reasons I came to Achaea, but my zero budget is often barring me from trying out the less unartefact friendly classes like bard.
- How much prep is required? I heard Crystalism stuff needs some prepping but how long does it take and is it possible to quickly do one if I'm ambushed somewhere far away from my city?
- Are they good in 1v1s? Are they an affliction-based class, a damage-based class or what? From their skills I can't really decide on which because the helpfiles don't really say exactly what the abilities do.
- What is their role in group combat? I particularly dislike being a supporter because heck I prefer getting the kills myself. I'm fine if my Crystalism stuff is the only thing that sort of supports the group.
- Who are the top magis of today who are still active? Suggest me one who uses the least artefacts.
- On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the Magi learning curve (I particularly like tougher learning curves as long as the eventual result is better)