Sorting Classes

13»

Comments

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    @Phaestus has my back.
  • Vayne said:
    @Phaestus has my back.
    Right up to naming the wrong continent to send us back to.
  • Unless, secretly, Kashar and Meropis are both on the same supercontinent: Merokash (Kasharopis just sounds too good to be true)
  • Pretty sure he was carrying forward the joke ; )
  • Vasool said:
    Pretty sure he was carrying forward the joke ; )
    Yeah, probably a miscalibrated sarcasm detector on my end.
  • If it wasn't for the fact that the Warden and the SW tutors being brothers, I would insist on Runewardens being Hashani as well. The history of Runelore really puts the control of the skill in the hands of the Walkers. In light of good terms, sibling relationship of the tutors, I'm willing to share, but only if the houses were to ally.

If you want to argue that Shaman doesn't have an easy city, I'll have to call bull. Yes, they are considered neutral, but they were created from Darkness, and quickly the Guild aligned with Hashan.

As @Vayne already pointed out, Serpent lore is strongly in favour of it being a Hashani class.

I would say that Alchemist is a Hashani class as well, simply for the alignment with Astrology, and other scholarly aspects.
  • Shaman and Alchemist are the only really easy Hashan choices, but Serpent fits there as well.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Runelore originated in Cyrene when the city was created, and Shaman is the bastard off-shoot (if anything, Shamans and Runewardens oppose each other)... I wouldn't call Runewarden a Hashani class O.o
  • edited November 2012
    Jovora said:
    Runelore originated in Cyrene when the city was created, and Shaman is the bastard off-shoot (if anything, Shamans and Runewardens oppose each other)... I wouldn't call Runewarden a Hashani class O.o
    The tutors are siblings. I kind of like this. I only say that I could see Runewardens in Hashan is because of some IG events that put maintaining Runes in the hands of the Spirit Walkers. 

Aina said:
    I would put Alchemists with the Hashani... in the Crown Merchants and not the damned Spirit Walkers.
    I would have to agree only because I believe that Alchemist is better suited for the Merchants, but I could make a more than adequate argument for how they'd fit into the Spirit Walkers. 
  • Phaestus said:

Just to be clear, this isn't something we're actually looking at doing, though it's fine for a random fun discussion. No need to worry.

Unless you're a blademaster, anyway. Those guys are getting put back on the boat to Meropis any day now.

Welp, it's been a fun ride guys. I'll miss you all so dearly. Except you. I don't miss you. You know who you are. Also you, especially you. You know exactly who you are.

Also, where's my mithril cupcake, @Phaestus? D:

• Ah sorry! 
  • Mannimar said:
    Jovora said:
    Runelore originated in Cyrene when the city was created, and Shaman is the bastard off-shoot (if anything, Shamans and Runewardens oppose each other)... I wouldn't call Runewarden a Hashani class O.o
    The tutors are siblings. I kind of like this. I only say that I could see Runewardens in Hashan is because of some IG events that put maintaining Runes in the hands of the Spirit Walkers. 

Aina said:
    I would put Alchemists with the Hashani... in the Crown Merchants and not the damned Spirit Walkers.
    I would have to agree only because I believe that Alchemist is better suited for the Merchants, but I could make a more than adequate argument for how they'd fit into the Spirit Walkers. 
    I really worry when people add things to the SW, I honestly think letting anything other than Shamans into the SW was a mistake... All of the reasoning I've heard on why is just really stupid in my opinion. Iwas a member a long time ago and ended up quitting because NOTHING made sense and people couldn't properly explain things other than "We want to know and be prepared", or "It has to do with Spirits and the Spiritrealm". I couldn't understand it ICly or OOCly...
  • Well if each city had 3 classes or fewer, I don't think House sorting would end up mattering, so pointless to ponder that.
    Don't know what you'd need both rune classes in only one city for, even for rune 'maintenance'. So I didn't get that.

But it's all fun to think about in theory. Stretched the ol' critical thinking muscles.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • I like this, but i wouldn't want it in the game. It would be fun, if 100 percent of cities were those two classes, but you still get the mixture of other classes in the cities from old members....Then you also run into Eleusis having control over the curative market in the long run. If I had to place monk, I would go with Sentaari as I hear we were the first Monk guild, but not entirely sure on that
  • If you just join the game and want to be a Magi or Alchemist, and like the description of the city of Hashan, having to be in a House called Merchants does not make sense to me. 

Magic!!! Alchemy!!!

I, of course, don't know how things evolved to get to that point.

Ok, to follow with topic, I'll try a list.

Mhaldor: Apostates, Infernals (I don't know them much, but the things they do...:( )
    Eleusis: Druids, Sylvans
    Shallam: Knights, Paladins
    Cyrene: Priests, Sentinels
    Hashan: Shaman, Occultists
    Ashtan: Magi, Blademasters

Priests don't look so Good...they do really Terrible things!

Serpents have to be rogue. :D

Hashan claims to be the best at Astrology, but I don't know why...have never seen it, so Alchemists have to be rogue as well. :) Hmm it could be as well Alchemy Ashtan, and Magi have to be rogue.

Just to say something... I am bored. :D
  • edited December 2012
    When I said "knight" I guess I meant Runewarden.

I've seen I forgot Bard, Jester and Monk.

So now Priests leave Cyrene and Bards join. All Jester, Monk and Priest are people that move here and there. They join and leave cities as they please. They offer their services and then leave for new lands. 
  • Rovelda said:
    They were originally the Sorcerers, a mage guild. When autoclass was implemented and guilds became houses, they decided to completely redefine themselves, and became the Crown Merchants.
    Rovelda said:
    Hashan claims to be the best at Astrology, but I don't know why...
    There's the planetarium, but the ties to astronomy/astrology mostly come from Hashan's history. They were originally patroned by the Triad of the Night (Twilight, Ourania, and Valnurana), who rotated patronship based on the movements of the three planets Lunastra, Somnustra, and Noxtra. The Triad dissolved quite a while ago and the planets are now gone, but it's still an important part of the city's history.
  • Also, the Crown Merchants don't have Alchemists. They're in the Spirit Walkers.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited December 2012
    Mannimar said:
    If it wasn't for the fact that the Warden and the SW tutors being brothers, I would insist on Runewardens being Hashani as well. The history of Runelore really puts the control of the skill in the hands of the Walkers. In light of good terms, sibling relationship of the tutors, I'm willing to share, but only if the houses were to ally.

Mannimar said:
    Jovora said:
    Sena said:
    Runelore originated in Cyrene when the city was created, and Shaman is the bastard off-shoot (if anything, Shamans and Runewardens oppose each other)...
    This is inaccurate. The Shaman and Runewarden guilds were released at basically the same time (Shamans were slightly earlier, but it was within days), and the tutors were brothers (which is the reason for sharing runelore).
    All of these posts are contradicted, to some extent, by backstory canon made known to the Wardens' house. It makes me wonder if the left hands are talking to the right hands.

Unrelated, I've been thinking, especially after wading through the "Jester Class" thread on the main board, a merger of the Ty Beirdd and the CIJ might be an interesting move. The CIJ needs something of a reboot to help it move away from slapstick comedy and stupidity a little, and the Bards desperately need a shot of new life since going monoclass. (Although I admired that decision.) Putting them both under one roof and creating a performance super-house might be better in the long run than splitting the performance-minded players between the two.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Rovelda said:
    If you just join the game and want to be a Magi or Alchemist, and like the description of the city of Hashan, having to be in a House called Merchants does not make sense to me. 

Magic!!! Alchemy!!!

Ok, to follow with topic, I'll try a list.

Mhaldor: Apostates, Infernals (I don't know them much, but the things they do...:( )
    Eleusis: Druids, Sylvans
    Shallam: Knights, Paladins
    Cyrene: Priests, Sentinels
    Hashan: Shaman, Occultists
    Ashtan: Magi, Blademasters

Priests don't look so Good...they do really Terrible things!

Serpents have to be rogue. :D

Hashan claims to be the best at Astrology, but I don't know why...have never seen it, so Alchemists have to be rogue as well. :) Hmm it could be as well Alchemy Ashtan, and Magi have to be rogue.

Just to say something... I am bored. :D
    What.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    What.

Does that mean you wouldn't like to be an itinerant priest?
  • We need some EF people in here to get offended at being called Hufflepuff.

@Ruth @Sherazad @Zii @Kaevan @Dethea
  • Hufflepuff, eh?  Well, I can live with that description.  It beats 'resource gatherers' or whatever we got saddled with in the past.  In any case, the values that Dethea rattled off seem to be on the mark for the most part. 

Ashtan
    Occultist
    Jester
    Monk

Cyrene
    Runewarden
    Bard

Eleusis
    Sentinel
    Sylvan
    Druid

Hashan