More Races!

13»

Comments

• Found this awesome list of denizen races for ideas:

http://wiki.achaea.com/Category:Denizen_races
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I came here expecting humgii style races you can bet on with all the recently won mini lets taking part. I'm not angry, just disappointed

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Am tired and skimmed, so pardon any redundancy:

- Minotaur
    - Canine (like found on Karbaz, but with variations: fox, jackel, wolf, coyote)
    - Goblin
    - Orc
    - Bearish (like found with the Uraz (spelling?))
    - Triton (with variations. Achaea lore hints that the triton world and city-scape is at least as large as the surface scene, with only a portion of these wanting anything to do with Neaeros, or Caspian).
    - Bat-like
    - Gnome
    - Dryad
    - Nymph

• We could use another intelligence based race other than Grook.

As it stands, if you want high int and to be make, you only have Grook to pick, realistically. Female though have the choice of Grook and Siren.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Jukilian said:
    We could use another intelligence based race other than Grook.

As it stands, if you want high int and to be make, you only have Grook to pick, realistically. Female though have the choice of Grook and Siren.
    You're forgetting Tsol'aa.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Jukilian said:
    We could use another intelligence based race other than Grook.

Really hate the -con races. Tsol'aa/mhun/satyr, but mhun's celerity is so good that makes me consider the con loss.
  • would love it if they nixed the -con for those races to make them more attractive. Right now it makes it a really shitty decision for some classes who want racial flexibility. @Makarios?

• edited June 2016
    From the list of denizens in Achaea:

Ophidians (snake-like people) would be a great race to have....if we didnt have the serpent class. That kind of makes it a redundancy. "A snake-like race...that takes on snake features through Serpentlord", yeah no.

Aeraithians sound adooorable. short people covered with fur and have small wings they use to glide. Not much lore though

Arachnoi (Top half of a human, lower half of a spider) would be an amazing race, especially with their connections to Darkness and the lore that would flow through that. Sadly...the idea of 6 legs would not work mechanically. The same goes for the Nevaharr (lower half of six-legged lion) and Scrula (four-armed race), Dyssians and Qui'sas (both half-snake races).

Goblins are meh, simply because I think it has been overdone and we can definitely have something much more unique in Achaea. The same goes for Ogres, Orcs, and any other boring cliches.

Minotaur would be nice but also not a very big history there.

The Kx'khrah would be a lovely race to have. They have an amazing history and well thought-out culture. I do not think it would be too difficult at all to make them work as player races. Perhaps in the next 'apocalypse' event, their home world could be destroyed and refugees come to Achaea where they become part of society.

The were-races of the Lupine Hunting Grounds would be interesting...but we already have half-tiger people as is (rajamalan), additionally, I believe they wouldnt really depend on other weapons (dirks, bows, etc.) to combat and simply rely on their primal instincts. It seems more like something that would fit into its own class.
  • edited June 2016
    Why not make six races, one for each City, and imbue the race ability-wise with the traditional powers of that City, drawn from its history? So, Targ would have shining angel-type creatures, Mhaldor would have undead powered by death, Eleusis would get walking trees like ents in Lord of the Rings, etc. The race would get extra bonuses while in the City, and its racial characteristics would be fueled by the City's role-play concept.

If the person decides to leave the City, being away from his or her home makes the race-specific abilities go dormant, and they'll not come back unless the person rejoins the City. So, a sort of automatic excommunication race-wise, which can only be solved if the person comes back to the race's City, or simply changes race from it.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Thanks, Lorielan.
  • The only ideas that I could think of that I liked was... A rat-like race, generally known for their hunger, greed, and love of darkened warrens. Secondly, an elemental infused race known for their tribal-based, nomadic nature, and radiant glowing eyes.

More so I would like to see the current races reworked. Make Grooks amphibious, not just frog-like. Rajamalas feline, not just tiger-like. Or better still take out those descriptors all together so people can be more broad in their definition of what they look like. There should be more than just "stout" Dwarves and "Graceful" Tsol'aa in the world.
    edited June 2016
    Except, biologically speaking, those races heavily tend towards those characteristics.
    Huh. Neat.
  • You could bring back Goblinoid races in an awesome way. Like... an event where the Tsol'teth invades the surface world again and the descendants of Matic Ridley reveals themselves to Sapience to assist adventurers in putting a stop to a the invaders. 
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Seric said:
    The only ideas that I could think of that I liked was... A rat-like race, generally known for their hunger, greed, and love of darkened warrens. Secondly, an elemental infused race known for their tribal-based, nomadic nature, and radiant glowing eyes.

More so I would like to see the current races reworked. Make Grooks amphibious, not just frog-like. Rajamalas feline, not just tiger-like. Or better still take out those descriptors all together so people can be more broad in their definition of what they look like. There should be more than just "stout" Dwarves and "Graceful" Tsol'aa in the world.
    Grooks are amphibious though. 

I have undressed a god.

• edited June 2016
    My favourite IRE race has always been the Kelkis of Aetolia.  There's something about being a fish and having round saucer eyes, scales, fins, and rows of sharp teeth that appeals to me. 

I've also always wanted to be a tree... so if Treekin ever became a playable race, I'd be totally on that.  

OMG.  I also agree with @Asmodron, I'd love to see spider people. xD

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • NO!! NO SPIDERS!!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited June 2016
    Yes, the arachnoi are a fascinating race and have a certain grace to them. Their lore is also already quite admirable and can easily allow for rp buildup. Unfortunately, like i said, they have the lower half of a spider as part of their body makeup. That alone would make it difficult for combat practicality as well as general achaean clothing 
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Asmodron said:
    Yes, the arachnoi are a fascinating race and have a certain grace to them. Their lore is also already quite admirable and can easily allow for rp buildup. Unfortunately, like i said, they have the lower half of a spider as part of their body makeup. That alone would make it difficult for combat practicality as well as general achaean clothing 
    Maybe would have to make a race that descends from them (kind of like how xoran are partly descended from ormyrr). Possibly a body more like a horkval in concept (I know they're segmented differently), and if they have the extra spider-like legs it could sprout from their back like the wings on an atavian since people seldom make clothes to specifically cater to atavian wings, you just usually have to assume somehow it works. The race could have some interesting racial traits whether it has to do with climbing, web, affliction, hiding, etc.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I could definitely see the race having some of these traits:

Nocturnal: arachnoi receive +1 to con and dex during night time and lose this benefit during the day. (if you ever hung around the arachnoi, you'll notice they become stronger at night and weaker during the day)

Leap: able to naturally leap

Highjump: able to.leap into skies

Nightsight

Poison resist

Webbing: ability to naturally produce webbing to entangle others.
  • I don't think I could justify Farrah turning into a spider, but totally would want to play an arachnoi. :(
  • edited June 2016
    Vertani!

There's a help file all about Vertani and it's located directly after the HELP RACES scroll. They have a whole culture already designed and there could be an awesome event to kick it off involving the Vertani Houses and their mandatory military servitude! 

He/She is a militaristic Vertani and is...

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    He/She is a talisman-dropping Vertani and is...

Considered Open PK by the vast majority of Sapience, and don't they have that bit about worshipping the All, where they don't come back after dying? Welcome to Achaean hardmode.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Aerek said:
    He/She is a talisman-dropping Vertani and is...

Considered Open PK by the vast majority of Sapience, and don't they have that bit about worshipping the All, where they don't come back after dying? Welcome to Achaean hardmode.

Pretty sure Sarapis granted them the gift of resurrection during the event.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Vertani would make more sense than a lot of other suggestions, at least. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.