best bashing classes?

124»

Comments

• Oh crap. I had Ethian empowerment on me. :#

It's actually a slight damage buff (around 20% more damage) without any damage increasing defenses.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Anybody else noticed shit like this happening in the last few days? Bolded percentages are target health pulled from GMCP.

100% | Rage: 26 | Moulinet, Resonance, Cyclone(-18h, 0.2%)
    [System]: Added BASHING to your eqbal queue.
    [System]: Running queued eqbal command: BASHING
    You are not fallen or kneeling.
    You must dismount before you can mount anything else.
    Lightning-quick, you jab a deadly obsidian scorpion with a rapier with a slim blade of shining
    silver.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATINGLY POWERFUL CRITICAL hit!
    The songblessing upon the rapier sings out with a piercing high note.
    You have scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL hit!
    11650h, 6303m, 30638e, 17115w e|cbkh Scorpion   [?? bld(5)]
    100% | Rage: 29 | Moulinet, Trill, Resonance, Cyclone..

• Are you sure that the target you are pulling the gmcp from its the target you're hitting? I know sometimes if there are multiple in the room with me,  my scripts start tracking the wrong target.

• Yes, I'm sure. That particular example had it happening on the first hit, but there were others where it was showing the correct sub-100 percentage for my target and still no change after a hit.

Even had it with a Death knight (so only thing in the room) and no change after a WSC (and no life steal).
  • How do you pull mob health from gmcp? I've never managed to find it.
  • It's in IRE.Target, you need to enable the module first though otherwise it's not sent.
  • You find it in the IRE.Target section, which provides information about the server-side target you set with the SETTARGET command. http://nexus.ironrealms.com/GMCP#IRE.Target
  • Antonius said:

Anybody else noticed shit like this happening in the last few days? Bolded percentages are target health pulled from GMCP.

Lightning-quick, you jab a deadly obsidian scorpion with a rapier with a slim blade of shining
    silver.

Is that 11.65k hp with the Sycophantic cape?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Antonius said:

Anybody else noticed shit like this happening in the last few days? Bolded percentages are target health pulled from GMCP.

silver.

Is that 11.65k hp with the Sycophantic cape?
    Yes.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Jesus.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Wait until @Antonius buys his bloodsworn one! Then it'll be more like 18k.

i'm a rebel

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tesha said:
    Wait until @Antonius buys his bloodsworn one! Then it'll be more like 18k.
    I got like 2 full sets of everything when I bought my globes... You should too! (Jk.. only 2 full of some sets...)

• so can anyone tell me with the recent changes did Sword and Shield's attack increase and two-handed's decrease? 
  • Jesus.

The tradeoff is that my attacks are buggy as shit right now. Sometimes they do no damage, and sometimes they do this bullshit: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/53ced7fe

That's right, I've started doing negative damage on some attacks, and healing shit in the process.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Durran said:
    so can anyone tell me with the recent changes did Sword and Shield's attack increase and two-handed's decrease? 
    I haven't noticed any difference. I still go through things at about the same speed, but that could be because I rely pretty heavily on RNG for crits via crit pendant and lucky elixir.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    Durran said:
    so can anyone tell me with the recent changes did Sword and Shield's attack increase and two-handed's decrease? 
    I haven't noticed any difference. I still go through things at about the same speed, but that could be because I rely pretty heavily on RNG for crits via crit pendant and lucky elixir.

I've noticed maybe a very slight decrease in 2h damage. Nothing worth mentioning, imo.
    (I hunt as 2h runie).
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • BM damage feels roughly the same, haven't noticed any major ups or downs.
  • I'm almost afraid to say is but... I hunted the entire of the Sidhe today, as a runewarden, in pretty much the same amount of time it takes me in dragon....

PLEASE DON'T RE-NERF!!!!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Anyone with the cape beginning to notice a difference in the damage you take between armor vs natural resistances at 11k-ish health?

Like... bosses still normally wreck my non-dragon classes when they're relying on armor and SoA as their only form of damage resist if I'm not careful.

But today... I decided to run around as a Horkval Bard and Horkval Alchemist.

The result is really interesting so far. I'm able to tank stuff far more easily like I usually do in dragonform with those high cutting/blunt resistances.

I would definitely recommend someone with a cape to try hunting as a Horkval to see if they get any similar results when they hit the 10k health range.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Armour and resistances work very differently, so no, that's not very surprising. Armour blocks a % of each attack, but the other % scales with your max health and is unaffected. Resistances, on the other hand, reduce a flat % of total damage. At low health, armour will be more noticeable, while at high health, resistances will become more and more valuable.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Though I do wonder how much health would you need to make it worth picking Horkval resists over fullplate armor.
  • Lucianus said:
    Though I do wonder how much health would you need to make it worth picking Horkval resists over fullplate armor.
    Considering the resists received from Horkval most closely relate to leather armour, I would have to say never.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Aerek said:
    Armour and resistances work very differently, so no, that's not very surprising. Armour blocks a % of each attack, but the other % scales with your max health and is unaffected. Resistances, on the other hand, reduce a flat % of total damage. At low health, armour will be more noticeable, while at high health, resistances will become more and more valuable.
    We're not talking about PvP, though, so it is surprising. Denizen attacks have always been assumed not to scale based on maximum health, and instead each attack can just do damage within a set range of values. That's why nobody* ever says "Buy a sip ring first" for bashing, increasing your maximum health is always flat out better (it's almost always better for PvP, too, but that's another discussion entirely). No scaling on maximum health means that both armour and resistances will still be reducing each attack by the same amount, regardless of if you have 6,000 or 12,000 health, so there shouldn't be a point where which is better (for a given attack) suddenly changes.

I've not noticed any difference in how much damage I'm taking with the additional cape health, but I've also not paid that close attention to it.

I'd suggest a simpler explanation: Horkval Bard is always tankier than non-Horkval Bard (hardly a surprise). Without cape, neither is tanky enough for denizen X. With cape, Horkval is but non-Horkval isn't.

*who knows what they're talking about
  • I never finished testing armour against denizens, but I didn't find any difference in damage (with or without armour) between 2500 and 3740 health. That's obviously not anywhere close to 10k, but should be enough for any scaling to be visible. So if there is health scaling in denizen attacks, it should only be for certain denizens and not universal (I'm pretty sure there are a couple specific denizen attacks that deal a flat percentage of max health).