Classic class question

what class would be the best in bashing?Best for PVP? 

My plan is to make another character when I finally get unbusy enough to do it. I really just want a really good bashing class that can be pretty decent PvP

Also I do remember if I recall that knights for bashing was the top brass what other class or classes would be close to knights when it comes to bashing?

Also unartied.

sorry still at work! Thanks

Comments

• There's no 'best' class for pvp and other than maybe druid they're all pretty good these days. Now, unartied, the balance is less... even.

For unartied bashing, knight is probably still overall best, with balance between damage and tankiness. They're also pretty decent unartied, even if they do shine their brightest with some arty weapons.

Alchemist is also a really good basher, apparently, and needs 0 arties to be good in pvp (and has no arties that'll benefit its offense, really). Only issue is you need different spec for bashing and for pvp.
  • Druid is in a better spot than it used to be. Has very extreme damage potential; paging @Rom for druid logs.

• Cynlael said:
    Druid is in a better spot than it used to be. Has very extreme damage potential; paging @Rom for druid logs.
    so is druid better than say Sylvan now since with all the changes in both bashing and PVP? 
  • Lol no. Sylvan has very, very solid PvP, and is one of the tankiest classes for bashing. It also uses no willpower whatsoever when you get Weatherweaving and can do synchronise shear windwhip &tar - which has a built in raze for shields, as a bonus. - Slightly slower than thornrend, but yes. Has a raze, uses no willpower (unlike thornrend which uses a ton), and does roughly the same DPS.

• Voyrias said:
    Cynlael said:
    Druid is in a better spot than it used to be. Has very extreme damage potential; paging @Rom for druid logs.
    so is druid better than say Sylvan now since with all the changes in both bashing and PVP? 
    Hahahaha!

(No.)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• one more question is sylvan any good unartied?

• RomRom
    edited June 2016
    Cynlael said:
    paging @Rom for druid logs.
    This is the only log I have of Druid damage, but you can see me kill an Infernal (pretty tanky class) before I even had the chance to actually use a finisher. The class has loads of pre-damage ticking all the time.
     If you're interested in Sylvan though it is a pretty good choice. However, there's an artefact that increases their offensive speed by 15% which you will probably find yourself dreaming about often and thinking "if I just had it, I could do so much more!" or whatever. You don't ACTUALLY need it to succeed since Sylvan is quite good, but if you're the type to think like that then it will probably loom over you.

Besides that, Kiet's choices are pretty commonly accepted as some of the best all-around good classes for starters.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • How did he spontaneously die the second time?
  • He paused and died to reclamation damage (vines and pollen). They don't show from the druid's pov.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Rom, I want your slain counter. That's pretty smooth.