ack! i just woke up, what happened to the delosian estates (and another thing!)

I've largely been asleep for the past several rl months, and i return to find the landmark for home is now a mine, and the delosian estates Bluef started arent there anymore. Is my house still around, as far as i know, you cant move an estate, so i am scared!!!!

also, i woke up in a diving bell, on a ship called Drowning Grace. the crew attacked me. I am 90% sure i didnt log on a boat, any explanations for this? Or do you know who owns that boat? feel free to send me a message

Comments

• I'm... very surprised they let Bluef retire with how she was selling parts of her plot as if it were a permanent thing in Delos.

• Sorry, to answer your first question, it looks like Bluef has retired, as as she owned the plot she built the estates on, they like any other housing owned by a retired character have been deleted.

• are shitting me... so much resources... i knew she had retired, i thought somehow that the estates had been transferred with the change in leadership in the Delos clan. i am... significantly bummed...

• Ula said:
    I've largely been asleep for the past several rl months, and i return to find the landmark for home is now a mine, and the delosian estates Bluef started arent there anymore. Is my house still around, as far as i know, you cant move an estate, so i am scared!!!!

also, i woke up in a diving bell, on a ship called Drowning Grace. the crew attacked me. I am 90% sure i didnt log on a boat, any explanations for this? Or do you know who owns that boat? feel free to send me a message
    Drowning Grace is my ship and you most certainly have never been on it before. I'm sorry my crew attacked you, unless you stole my stuff then fuck you.

Strange quirk indeed. Did I unknowingly dig up the deed to the estate while diving? I hope so.
  • i didnt attack anyone, or steal from you. i woke up inside the diving bell, and spent a solid 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get out. and then while was collecting myself on the deck your crew attacked me! i have no idea how i ended up there! disconcerting, worried someone logged into my account somehow..

• I wouldn't worry too much about it, though if you're that concerned you could probably contact support and ask them to check if there have been any logins from unusual locations.

If Bluef retired, the housing she owned will be gone, as far as I know. If you'd logged out inside said housing then the game needs to put you somewhere when it gets destroyed; apparently that somewhere was on Tahquil's ship.
  • @Ula, just trying to jest and lighten a disconcerting situation. Since you didn't have any permission to be aboard the ship they automatically attacked you.
  • A smiley face may have made it clearer that you were adding levity...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Pretty shitty that Bluef sold off private rooms and then quit. Retirement was no doubt not a thing when the buyers completed the transactions, though so may not have been forseen.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I mean, she could've made an effort to refund rooms before retiring tbf
  • I don't think room credits are transferable, and a lot of those people got their housing when you used actual credits to buy rooms and not comms. I don't think refunding everyone would have been feasible. It's sucks that it happened but I'm not sure what could have been done differently.
  • Taarkos said:
    I don't think room credits are transferable, and a lot of those people got their housing when you used actual credits to buy rooms and not comms. I don't think refunding everyone would have been feasible. It's sucks that it happened but I'm not sure what could have been done differently.
    Yeah it could have been done differently. They could have refused to let her retire. The shitty thing is that others bought 400cr beds in her name with the understanding that they would always be there. When she retired, these beds were no doubt included in her retirement credits, it was theft, I see it as her stealing $140 from everyone who put a bed in that estate unless they were somehow refunded. They took a risk in having her put the beds in, but retirement wasnt a thing back then and not something they ever could have calculated into that risk. It really was an incredibly shitty thing for her to do and I'm surprised it was allowed. 
  • I don't understand why housing is destroyed when someone retires.

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Yeah. I clearly didn't know it would when I retired or else I'd have emptied my rift and a ton of non-decay items somewhere else. :(
  • Grandue said:
    Taarkos said:
    I don't think room credits are transferable, and a lot of those people got their housing when you used actual credits to buy rooms and not comms. I don't think refunding everyone would have been feasible. It's sucks that it happened but I'm not sure what could have been done differently.
    Yeah it could have been done differently. They could have refused to let her retire. The shitty thing is that others bought 400cr beds in her name with the understanding that they would always be there. When she retired, these beds were no doubt included in her retirement credits, it was theft, I see it as her stealing $140 from everyone who put a bed in that estate unless they were somehow refunded. They took a risk in having her put the beds in, but retirement wasnt a thing back then and not something they ever could have calculated into that risk. It really was an incredibly shitty thing for her to do and I'm surprised it was allowed. 
    Maybe it was shitty, but since beds cannot be traded in, I doubt she got anything for them. Likewise, I'm pretty sure rooms are worthless for retirement since rooms are not bought with credits anymore. Shitty, sure. Poorly handled, probably. I agree they could have stopped her retirement. I don't know about calling her a thief, though.

I guess she could have at least messaged people who weren't active/around, she owed them that much. Crappy situation all around. Was never a part of the bridge clan or the estates, but I was saddened when I realized they were gone.
  • Kasya said:
    Yeah. I clearly didn't know it would when I retired or else I'd have emptied my rift and a ton of non-decay items somewhere else. :(
    Hopefully without the view of obtaining them on the new character, of course. ;)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Sobriquet said:
    Kasya said:
    Hopefully without the view of obtaining them on the new character, of course. ;)
    Nah. Just for friends in Targ who had access to Kasya's house to go and get. There were items from the bazaars and from Lord Adryn's festival there, and plants/inks from a greater vault rift. If anything ever bummed me out about retirement, it was that I didn't actually give that stuff away, just left it for people to come and claim as desired. :(
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    I dunno when I saw that they were advertising that, I thought "Housing controlled through another player? I adore @Bluef, but that is an absolutely retarded idea." On one hand I really do wish the admin would step in for these people, but on the other, it was really reckless to trust someone in Achaea. Help Scams comes to mind.
  • edited June 2016
    Taarkos said:

I don't know about calling her a thief, though.
    Generally, if you advertise something as a permanent fixture, then pull the rug from under people after they've invested/bought - yes, you are a thief.

Edit: I'd even go so far to say that if this is actually the case, and several people lost out on things that they've invested in due to Bluef leaving - that's a pretty direct violation of HELP SCAMS, and would hope the administration handled that accordingly.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • When I talked to her about it, she said that she retired for a reason involving the estates in the first place. I didn't pry into what that was but it was directed toward the admins. I really do wish they would have considered not erasing them completely as I myself had things in there. Although I don't really blame Bluef for wanting to retire either.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cooper said:
    I don't understand why housing is destroyed when someone retires.
    @Cooper it's because they don't want people (particularly well-established characters) who retire to retain their housing, and end up with a scarcity of in-subs plots for cities because some fuckface keeps retiring and the city can't destroy their house.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited June 2016
    Atalkez said:
    Taarkos said:

Generally, if you advertise something as a permanent fixture, then pull the rug from under people after they've invested/bought - yes, you are a thief.

Edit: I'd even go so far to say that if this is actually the case, and several people lost out on things that they've invested in due to Bluef leaving - that's a pretty direct violation of HELP SCAMS, and would hope the administration handled that accordingly.
    She is allowed to do whatever she wants with her plot, if the admins have a problem with it now maybe they should't have approved her retirement in the first place. Bluef has a very VERY good reason to not want to play Achaea anymore and was approved by the admins for retirement. So Talk to @Makarios about it if you want to get all self-righteous about it.
  • Pointing out an issue isn't the same as being self righteous. I didn't lose anything, but people did and that sucks for them.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I lost plenty of things, a house, an entire area built for a clan I run, not to mention several other clans that lost areas build for them. I would love for the Tharossian Estates to be brought back as there was a lot of things in them built specifically for players who wanted them not to mention all the fun stuff Bluef and I made together for our clan 'sanctum' and definitely all the stuff she built herself like the Rogues bar.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kresslack said:
    It would be nice if when plots poof as a result of things like this, if they immediately went back up for reauction instead of just disappearing. I remember a lot of those out of sub plot auctions and some in prime locations. Shame that they're being lost as a result.
    I mean, they're still plots as categorized by the system. I issued asking about it, and they said they didn't have any plans for it, but maybe in the future.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Achimrst said:
    Atalkez said:
    Taarkos said:

She is allowed to do whatever she wants with her plot, if the admins have a problem with it now maybe they should't have approved her retirement in the first place. Bluef has a very VERY good reason to not want to play Achaea anymore and was approved by the admins for retirement. So Talk to @Makarios about it if you want to get all self-righteous about it.
    Who cares if she has a good or not reason to keep playing, if she benefited indirectly from other people's purchases that needs to be fixed, if it was her fault or the devs. Losing money because of an oversight sucks, and it would easily make people shrug off and stop playing a game.
  • Minifie said:
    Achimrst said:
    Atalkez said:
    Taarkos said:

Who cares if she has a good or not reason to keep playing, if she benefited indirectly from other people's purchases that needs to be fixed, if it was her fault or the devs. Losing money because of an oversight sucks, and it would easily make people shrug off and stop playing a game.
    Well, I care if she has a good reason for one. As I owned a lot of things in the Tharossian estates that I wish I could have kept for various reasons. Either way, I was responding to what was said previously and I agree that it sucks big time. Although I am very sure at least some of the admins knew what she did with and how she used the Tharossian estates and they didn't consider that an issue that should be resolved before allowing her to retire. I even paid for a house in the Tharossian estates after it was brought up to me by a god, so someone had to have known what it was there for. Not to mention the ads, at least one submitted event regarding an area inside, the rogues bar that was advertised for a while, even Saraya, I think was her name, was having rooms built like crazy in there!

Either way, only ones who can fix the situation are the admins and they likely just straight up deleted the place and can't bring it back so....idk. None of them have said anything in here nothing. It's all just gone, which is really crappy. for everyone who had a clan estate inside and a house. I wish they would have done something.

• Bluef made every effort to solve this particular issue. I spoke to her at length about it and it boils down to this: housing rental was not something the administration was willing to support as a player-moderated system, and we're not going to lock a player into their account because they're the linchpin of an operation of that nature. Its very unfortunate that this happened, but Bluef wasn't at any falt here.