Saddest moment

Comments

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Antidas said:
    Frederich said:
    Glacial was, as was uh...Kasya
    Pretty sure @Kasya wasn't a character when the order was still around, so thats unlikely
    Kasya definitely wasn't around. Ephram was though, and was Melanthan until the end. That being said, the order members who were around didn't do much, myself included. Eph was semi-dormant but definitely around for the Bal'met event. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Melodie said:
    Gah, I didn't sign up for the Asara feels train and the wave of Nerai nostalgia. I had never seen this post (didn't really forums back then, and she left while I was dormant). So much rip. I'm gonna need a bit of chocolate, now. 
    She's been gone for nearly as long as she was active (~7 years). :o I can scarcely believe it
  • Love Halos :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Rip Matsuhama :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Grief is love that no longer has a home.

This thread has been beautiful and inspiring to read. I hope I find experiences in this game as moving as you all have. Thank you for sharing.
  • This tempts me to go Celani and take over a God so that we can have a full Pantheon and grace people's lives with the roleplay that we enjoy so much from the God level. ... but giving up Goryllin... !!!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Goryllin said:
    This tempts me to go Celani and take over a God so that we can have a full Pantheon and grace people's lives with the roleplay that we enjoy so much from the God level. ... but giving up Goryllin... !!!
    As much as I love the game...it's hard to imagine not playing it...I'd probably do anything Sarapis tells me to. But....

I think house/city leaders run into similar problems where signing into the game seems more like work and less like fun.

• Szanthax said:
    I think house/city leaders run into similar problems where signing into the game seems more like work and less like fun.
    Depends on how much work they do, I suppose.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Szanthax said:
    Depends on how much work they do, I suppose.
    Burn @insertcityleaderhere!!

• (United Union of Crafters): Amarisse, Secretary of the Crafting Council says, 
    "Sadly yes, all approvals are suspended until further notice."
  • The moment the Seneschal went 'I'll just call it treason if you don't play along with me' and nobody in Hashan had the spine to stand up. Along with the same person breaking the barrier to OOC on Skype, which led to me deciding to leave Achaea for a while, although I am sometimes considering to return for the good old times sake.
    Lacertix said:
    The moment the Seneschal went 'I'll just call it treason if you don't play along with me' and nobody in Hashan had the spine to stand up. Along with the same person breaking the barrier to OOC on Skype, which led to me deciding to leave Achaea for a while, although I am sometimes considering to return for the good old times sake.
    We don't put up with that shit any more...we are too small a community to epeen everyone else out of the game... For the most part any who...

• Szanthax said:
    We don't put up with that shit any more...we are too small a community to epeen everyone else out of the game... For the most part any who...
    Hard to believe, to be honest.
  • edited May 2016
    Szanthax said:
    Lacertix said:
    The moment the Seneschal went 'I'll just call it treason if you don't play along with me' and nobody in Hashan had the spine to stand up. Along with the same person breaking the barrier to OOC on Skype, which led to me deciding to leave Achaea for a while, although I am sometimes considering to return for the good old times sake.
    It still happens. Possibly less often than it used to, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

I've seen it happen... But not as blatantly it and..

• Missing out on the Bal'Met stuff by literally a day.  My fault tho.  It was really neat waking up in the river, with no Shallam and everything.

Also giving up Magi for Alchemist.  Months before Neraeos praised me for being one of the original guild classes in my current house, and I threw it away for a crafting ability.  I've come NOT to regret it over time (and I am LOVING the class now) but at the time there was SO much buyers remorse.

ICLY, Gibbi seeing his family split up with half going to Cyrene, and half going to Targossas, as well as learning about the loss of Shallam's gods, Loreilan's betrayal, and especially Miramar's death.  It was a bit of an overload for Gibbi, and really he hasn't been entirely the same since.  Maybe a little bit more motivated, I suppose.

I have undressed a god.

• I can't find the edit button but I forgot this:

@Tahquil leaving Targ and giving up Alchemy.  We never did get to make Frankenstein. :cry:

I have undressed a god.

• When Ty Beirdd dissolved -sob!-

However, it was a good rp timepoint to change affiliations.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Gibbi - I'm very close to taking Alchemist again. But the tease of a new class I may just want to pick up stays my hand.
  • @Tahquil If the new class is a bust, lets hang out and plot mad scientist stuff again :D

I have undressed a god.

• edited June 2016
    There have been a lot of really sad times.

Ones I remember right now:

Definitely, the Bal'met event. I can remember seeing all of the gods and goddesses dying in the sky and feeling powerless to do anything about it. My heart just kind of sank into my stomach remembering all of the good times meeting Them, or wishing that I had spoken with them.

Another one. This disbanding of the Naga house. I wasn't around when it happened and when I came back around people were literally telling us to just forget the Naga ever happened.

Leaving Mhaldor, both times. To be honest, it always made me sad, but I never really got along with too many people there and I felt like an outcast. I still love the city and the roleplay though. I miss the Baelgrim terribly.

The utter annihilation of Lady Eris' memory in Ashtan. Though, I might still have a few things that the Nihilists wouldn't be too happy about. XD

There are a lot of others. These were just the ones that kind of flew up to memory.
  • One of the saddest times for me took place the moment I got back from my forced dormany. I started going through messages. Then I saw the message about being cast out of the Shadowsnakes while dormant. I expected the house to be gone by the time I got back, but the fact that Datrius got cast out while dormant and didn't even get to spend the last days of it registered as a member was pretty crushing.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Update your location...
  • Krypton said:
    Update your location...
    I can't find it to do it :(

• Updated

• Szanthax said:
    When I came back from dormancy and I'd been removed from order and Aegis was dormant... And so was Hermes. I'd been so dormant he'd come and gone before I came back
    That probably pissed me off more than most.  

@Batista, @Nicia, and I tried like hell to keep the Order going since we had authority from @Aegis to induct.  We built the Order *even with a dormant God* and one day the admin showed up and just removed everyone we added, then disappeared.  That pretty much pushed me to dormancy because Shallam was shit, the Sentinels and Eleusis were still "distant" so the Order was where I focused my attention.  Just said 'fuck it' and went dormant for 5 RL years.