RL Questions Thread

Comments

• Moved from US to Italy, outlets are different in Europe, first purchase for kitchen things that needed replaced was a slow cooker. Definitely a must-have.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • My French press and my pressure cooker are my two favourite kitchen utensils. Wooden spoons too, or you're going to end up melting plastic ones one day.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The BEST solution is... Eat nothing but Soylent for the rest of your life, and never worry about silly kitchen contraptions ever again
  • I'll join the list of wanting more crock pot ideas from @Quisse! I rarely cook, but when I do, slow cooker all the way.
  • Anything that requires minimal effort to cook, sign me up. Paging @Quisse

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Most important kitchenware: A telephone with papa johns on speed dial.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Artemis said:
    "How to make Potato Volcano"

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I like crock pot for very specific things. The "hi low" temperature is unsatisfactory for most of my needs(lo means it gets to top end temp slowly, hi means faster..normally. what that temp is is anyone's guess). Need a forgiving protein for over cooking things. 

I've come to love precise temperature for cooking... But like I said crock pot is great for like...heating up cans of liquid cheese and stuff...

• Szanthax said:
    I like crock pot for very specific things. The "hi low" temperature is unsatisfactory for most of my needs(lo means it gets to top end temp slowly, hi means faster..normally. what that temp is is anyone's guess). Need a forgiving protein for over cooking things. 

I've come to love precise temperature for cooking... But like I said crock pot is great for like...heating up cans of liquid cheese and stuff...
    This is why you throw everything in it in the morning, come home from work to dinner ready (and house smelling amazing).
    My old roommate used to use it for chili... Beans meat random stuff set for hours. Or corned beef and cabbage... Threw it in and let it fire

• Krypton said:
    Artemis said:

Yes please.
    Artemis said:
    Krypton said:
    Artemis said:

Yes please.
    Omg I wanna blow your mind with potato

• Artemis said:
    I'll join the list of wanting more crock pot ideas from @Quisse! I rarely cook, but when I do, slow cooker all the way.
    Big pork roast.

BBQ sauce.

Coleslaw.

Buns.
    Aesi said:
    Artemis said:
    I'll join the list of wanting more crock pot ideas from @Quisse! I rarely cook, but when I do, slow cooker all the way.
    Big pork roast.

BBQ sauce.

Coleslaw.

Buns.
    Pork(butt) is a very forgiving cut of meat. :)

• I will compile a list of my favorite slow cooker things for you guys in the next couple days! 
  • Back when I could eat meat... my favorite thing with the slowcooker was cooking some pork butt in root beer and I think some BBQ sauce. That pulled pork was so fantastic.
    meh

• edited May 2016

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• SethSeth North Carolina
    Y'all should try some of these: http://paleomg.com/category/food/crockpot/
    The whole site has a bunch of yummy recipes.

• Any cool games with storylines to watch playthroughs on, on Youtube? (Like Bioshock Infinity etc)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Metal Gear Solid has always played like an interactive movie. Lot of fun. Heavy Rain really cool too.
  • edited May 2016
    Any cool games with storylines to watch playthroughs on, on Youtube? (Like Bioshock Infinity etc)
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. All of them

Also ff7 crisis core
  • Splinter cell, pretty much any! Blacklist is pretty.

Also Heavy Rain, if you've never played it (although it's much, much better played than watched).
  • Any difference between cheap bed frames($230-ish) and expensive ones($1000+) besides price?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    The Last of Us. Depending if you get commentated playthroughs or not, should be at least six hours of content at the least, and very potentially more. Super great game. Super amazing story.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Any difference between cheap bed frames($230-ish) and expensive ones($1000+) besides price?
    Just looks. You can get a bed frame, iron, for less than $100 the serves the same function.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Unless you're specifically trying to get one of those pneumatic bed frames for concealed storage space below the mattress, you're probably better off just getting a cheap bed frame. 

• If you want to buy an expandable bed frame, pay decent money, otherwise cheap, specifically-sized bedframes will be fine. Just don't be fooled by cheap, expandable bedframes looking like a better deal.

Also if you get a frame that doesn't have wheels, spend a few $ extra somewhere like a Walmart and get pads to put under, these will save floors whether wooden, linoleum, carpet, tile, whatever.
    Nicola said:
    If you want to buy an expandable bed frame, pay decent money, otherwise cheap, specifically-sized bedframes will be fine. Just don't be fooled by cheap, expandable bedframes looking like a better deal.

Also if you get a frame that doesn't have wheels, spend a few $ extra somewhere like a Walmart and get pads to put under, these will save floors whether wooden, linoleum, carpet, tile, whatever.
    This and what @Skye said. I dint know what expandable frames are but they sound wack as f

• Szanthax said:
    Nicola said:
    If you want to buy an expandable bed frame, pay decent money, otherwise cheap, specifically-sized bedframes will be fine. Just don't be fooled by cheap, expandable bedframes looking like a better deal.

This and what @Skye said. I dint know what expandable frames are but they sound wack as f
    Slides/bolts to adjust to different bed sizes
    edited May 2016
    Aesi said:
    Szanthax said:
    Nicola said:

Slides/bolts to adjust to different bed sizes
    Weird...I looked it up and i think I have one of those..it just came with my mattress but never had any problems... My mattress is old now so I must replace