Festival of Dawn

edited May 2016 in North of Thera
Hi!

Unfortunately I didn't get the public post inviting people out fast enough, and some people who wanted to be there either missed it or weren't able to get their enemy statuses in order before we were about to begin. I wanted to get a log for you guys at least. This has been the best start to a festival yet, and I really appreciate all the support @Aurora and @Deucalion have given me in getting this all set up. There's a lot more to come so I'm going to use this thread to post future logs for those who are interested - feel free to discuss!

Opening ceremony:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/4bd38743

i'm a rebel

Comments

• i liked this cuz @tesha blushed at me :)
  • This is shaping up to be one of - if not the - coolest FoDs we've ever had. @Tesha's put so much into this, and it's really her creativity, hard work, and not being afraid to take a risk that's going to make this a really fun, memorable event for everyone involved. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the festival - even though this riddle hunt is kicking my ass.
  • The tumble race was so funny. Watching Carmell tumble around was totally worth it. 
  • This was awesome. Thanks so much for making everything as kick ass as it was, @Tesha. You're the hero Targossas needs.
  • But not the hero Targossas deserves
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    That riddle was so long omg. I started it and then like 10 or 15 riddles in I'm like "HOLY SHIT how long is this thing?" I'm always floored by how much effort goes into these festivals. 

The prize is really cool too

medallion465949     a champion's medallion of acacia and silver
    Engraved on it are the words:
    Polished acacia wood forms the majority of this medallion, the burnished wood carefully moulded to form an enlarged sovereign. The surface of the medallion is smooth, the wood offering a stained glimmer in the afforded light. Delicate and luminous slivers of silver have been meticulously moulded into a perfect circle and branded into the centre of the piece whilst surrounded by smaller cuts of the same metal - giving it the alluvial silver flecks of the Silverveil river. Burnt into the back of the medallion is a small relief of the city of Targossas in all her glory, the fifteen islands peacefully surrounded by the river. An amber-hued strap of moon bear leather secures the medallion around the wearer's neck.
    Festival of Dawn, 713 AF

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Wut. I got an armband (not saying I don't love it, cuz I totally do). Did you finish it all @Skye?
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yeah I did! I got the armband and ribbon too!

• I got an armband and a ribbon. :star:
  • Skye finished first, in like half an hour or something equally impressive.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Rohai said:
    Skye finished first, in like half an hour or something equally impressive.
    Ah, nice!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thanks for all the effort you put in. It was all really fun.