Pictures of horrible spiders

Comments

• Meanwhile, in Australia.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I LIKE spiders. Stupid to kill a living being, just for being what it is. You don't want it in your home, fine; evict them. But consider this: most spiders eat bugs. You want bugs in your home? No? Hi, helpful spider!

Arachnophobics get a pass.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Except recluses and some others will bite indiscriminately if they are accidentally sat on or something, and we don't always know if what we're looking at is poisonous.

But we do know that we're not killing the last of their species or even their family when we kill them. So they will always be around. Just not so many.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Come to Australia, you might accidentally get killed

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Erasariel said:
    Come to Australia, you might accidentally get killed
    Whoo! Scared Weird Little Guys!

Also: Cocoon trees.

"Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Ugh, I'm not scared of spiders normally, but those cocoon tree things freak me the f*ck out.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
  • @Wysteria: from a National Geographic article about those cocoon trees,
    "It was largely spiders," he added. "Certainly, when we were there working, if you stood under one of these trees, dozens of small, very, very tiny spiders would just be dropping down onto your head."
  • Delphinus said:
    @Wysteria: from a National Geographic article about those cocoon trees,
    "It was largely spiders," he added. "Certainly, when we were there working, if you stood under one of these trees, dozens of small, very, very tiny spiders would just be dropping down onto your head."
    Given all the random stuff that already seems to fall into my hair (I live in a leafy area), I probably wouldn't even notice the spiders!

• Most people wouldn't notice. There could be dozens of tiny spiders crawling through your hair right now, and you wouldn't even know.
  • God damn it, Sena. Brb washing hair 10 mins

• Sena said:
    Most people wouldn't notice. There could be dozens of tiny spiders crawling through your hair right now, and you wouldn't even know.
    A moment ago there was a gecko on it. (-_-")

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I get baby spiders on me all the time. They never worry me much.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Notice how the Australians aren't reacting at all to having spiders all over them? ;)

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Eh, the bigger ones make me squeal but I really do try to avoid killing them. I've had a massive huntsman running around my bedroom for the last couple weeks now and it's been an interesting cohabiting situation.

If anything, all these spider posts are helping me not freak out as much. *thumbsup*
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Eh, the bigger ones make me squeal but I really do try to avoid killing them. I've had a massive huntsman running around my bedroom for the last couple weeks now and it's been an interesting cohabiting situation.

If anything, all these spider posts are helping me not freak out as much. *thumbsup*
    ^5 I've had the same house gecko in my room for a few months now. He keeps the ants and moths out at least.

• So, you'd rather have a huge spider than ants and moths?

I dunno, man..

• edited December 2012
    Erasariel said:
    So, you'd rather have a huge spider than ants and moths?

I dunno, man..
    I definitely would, unless it's a sort of spider that leaves webs everywhere. Ants get into my food, spiders generally don't. Moths fly, and nearly all flying bugs are horrible and gross, and to make it worse moths seem to love fluttering in my face and hair.

Spiders generally don't bother me at all, I wouldn't have a problem holding them in my hands or letting them crawl on me unless I suspected they were bitey and venomous. Tiny spiders in my hair or clothes would be annoying, because they'd be a pain to get out, but otherwise not a big deal. Spider webs, on the other hand, are usually horrible.

• Moths fly, and nearly all flying bugs are horrible and gross

QFMFT.
    Also, I had no idea "house geckos" were a thing that exists, and now I want one. Or several.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I have geckos too. I save them from my cat when I hear squeals of terror at three in the morning.

There's a giant praying mantis living in the bathroom that freaks me the f- out. Every time I go in there, its head turns to watch me and it creeps me out because of that one Buffy episode from 15 years ago where the substitute teacher turned into a giant mantis and mated with students before eating their heads. Trying to relocate that thing is a PITA.

In all the time I've lived in Darwin, I've only seen one really giant huntsman. I went outside one evening and went to turn the verandah light on, and it was sitting on the wall above the switch. It was massive and so gray. It's the only real indication of aging I've seen on those spiders because they are normally brown. I think my heart stopped beating at that point and my only thought was "No f-ing way".

It lived, by the way.

• Relocate all you want with these guys, they still come back to live in your cutlery drawer in the kitchen :(