Hold The Door

Comments

• Aegoth said:
    Xaden said:
    Sarathai said:
    Xaden said:
    Summer :'(
    To be fair, it is winter, and the direwolf was named Summer.
    I genuinely thought Bran/Summer would see out the story. 
    well, Summer might not die in the book, but GRRM confirmed that Hodor... yea :(

He did? On 'Not a blog'?

That makes me sad. I still held out hopes of Bran skinchanging him and laying waste to people.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Hodor = Hold Door (duh)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I just started this episode. I am sure I am in for a world of sad.
  • Basically it isnt easy or cheap to animate the wolves for scenes. It is much much easier to manipulate the storyline a little and make them die off. Only active one left is Ghost and frankly if you think about it, he hasnt exactly had scenes all that often.
  • I did notice they didn't show him leaving Castle Back either. 
  • What the fucking fuck :dissapointed:
  • The moment you put together that Hodor's name isn't Hodor and something in his youth changes and there he is with future Bran in the past  and all the shit is going down at the burning tree and THERE IS NO WAY BRAN DOESN'T RUIN HODOR FOREVER BECAUSE MARTIN IS A COMPLETE DICK AND why the fuck did Summer just die a useless death  how are they going to survive WAIT THAT IS WHERE HODOR COMES FROM BECAUSE HE SPENT HIS WHOLE LIFE SERVING THE STARKS AFTER SEEING HIS OWN DEATH WHO COULD SAY ANYTHING ELSE EVER 

Jonathin said:

The boyfriend is not over exaggerating my reaction in the least.

On a more fulfilling note, the Stark family guilt will propel Bran to find the dragons (that he currently knows nothing about) and KILL ALL THE WHITEWALKERS WITH FIRE. Somehow. For Hodor. Fuck the world. It's all about Hodor now. 

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I did not know people were so invested in Hodor :/ Summer's useless death was worse. Heck, even that old man's death (I don't quite recall the name now) affected me more than Hodor's.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• That episode was painful. He was so loyal. And yeah, Summer... why was that such nonsense!

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I think the reaction to Hodor was in part learning that he essentially watched his death years before and was permanently traumatized from it. That's just insane...
  •        

• man that was cold with Hodor.  I mean really, destroying his mind so he can be some sort of glorified reverse door valet. He should come back as a specialized white walker who only ever opens doors! fu Starks- hold your own damn door!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Hodor is Pericles?

• anyone ever thought that if GoT wasn't told in large part from the Stark point of view how incredibly unfortunate/incompetent they seem to be as a great house.  Most of them have died in spectacular fashion - mostly after grossly, grossly misjudging the character of their 'allies'

• edited May 2016
    Northmen are a special kind of men. More upright, more loyal. They do not think like the rest of the world.
    (And thus get solidly shafted)

• the boltons and the karstarks didn't strike me as particularly loyal although with the karstarks specifically that might be excuseable.  If you juxtapose Dany and the Starks, the most glaring difference would be Dany's propensity to inspire loyalty and ability to surround herself with good people versus the Starks perpetual ability to surround themselves with Judases
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Well, to be fair. The Stark inspire loyalty. Its just that by now they got most of the truly loyal people killed in their own stupid mistakes.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I really hope that when Bran wakes up from his beautysleep, that girl kicks him in the nuts. 
  • Skarash said:
    the boltons and the karstarks didn't strike me as particularly loyal although with the karstarks specifically that might be excuseable.  If you juxtapose Dany and the Starks, the most glaring difference would be Dany's propensity to inspire loyalty and ability to surround herself with good people versus the Starks perpetual ability to surround themselves with Judases

The Starks issue is that they are honorable to a fault and superpose their moral code onto other people, expectin' others to act just like them. 

Dany however, was surrounded by her brother (abusive cu*t), Illyro Mopatis (Playing his own game with Varys, not necessarily to Dany's benefit), Jorah (Selling her secrets to the Lannisters). But the thing of it is - She's lucked out big time. Trusted Miri Maz Duur, Drogo dies, but wait, DRAGONS! There's lots of examples (though maybe I'm thinking more of the books, cos she's white washed to shit in the show) of times when she just flat out flukes her way through things.

The Starks inspire great loyalty in the north. The Boltons have always been their enemies. But they have the Manderlys, all of the small clans (the Wulls, the Norreys etc), the Mormonts... but again, they're too 'honourable' for their own good.

• dont forget theon!
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Shirszae said:
    I did not know people were so invested in Hodor :/ Summer's useless death was worse. Heck, even that old man's death (I don't quite recall the name now) affected me more than Hodor's.
    Ser Barristan? Yeah, his death was pretty premature, especially after all of the establishing of him as a legend. There's something to consider though, in that it didn't seem to actually show Hodor dying. Anything could still happen. as we've seen that whether we witness someone dying or not, it makes nothing final until time passes.

• SharaShara Midlands
    I think she means, Brynden Rivers/Bloodraven. The Targaryen blood never stops spilling. 
  • Except he's not Brynden Rivers in the show. He's the T(h)ree Eyed Raven. Who lived a thousand years ago. 

By the by - the minor changes like Three Eyed Crow becoming Raven, Asha Greyjoy becoming Yara, Walder becoming Wylis (hodor), because they don't believe viewers can keep track of things on their own, are more galling than the massive story-line changes.

• Also in this episode: 

• Hodor in drag....

...just cos