SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
Was told to bring this to forums because 'it was originally shot down':

Report #187
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submitted by: You            Status      : Rejected
Skill       : InkMilling     Ability     : Poster
Problem:
Although we have the ability to dye posters with inks, this doesn't add much impact 
as it still remains the same colour as every other item in the room.
Solution #1:
Change posters to appear in rooms using its dyed colour much like graffiti or 
flares do. If possible, let us add qualifiers like 'light' or 'dark' to take 
advantage of selected XTerm256 colours.

I'm not really sure why they were rejected but like... you can already make bright graffiti colours stand out and most graffiti is frankly "X was here" garbage :( On the otherhand, posters cost 1k gold a pop not including the cost of the ink it takes to dye the poster and can contain a wealth of info for events, advertisements and so forth. But then it gets lost in the spam of the area. It ultimately seems pretty pointless to waste an ink to dye a poster if it's not really going to stand out from a wall of text. 

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Good point! Actually came across an instance earlier where that would've been helpful. In the Merchant's Estate public area where all their carts are, one of the carts has a purchaseable item that is explained in a poster... except the poster is hard to notice, so I ended up messaging the cart owner to ask about the items, and they explained and informed me there's actually a poster there but a lot of people are missing it. It's not like they don't have some coding to go off of. There's the examples you gave, and then shop signs can be coloured, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Just get Mako to graffiti the poster

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I wonder just how much more it would be made to cost if they changed it so that the poster colours are seen in the room though. Aside from graffiti, the only other thing that stands out as a coloured line in a description is a permanent shop sign which costs a lot of gold to get.

I also feel like these kind of aesthetics need to be hardcoded in to work, and I read somewhere that customised lines of code is costly on the system or something. So, if this is that sort of stuff, for something that will only last for a short while, maybe the admins thought to use the space the code will take up to improve other aspects of the game?
  • I would like it if coloring the poster would at least make the text you get when you use READ on it the proper color! Right now giving them a color at all seems kind of meh
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Seems like should have been standard with the dye option. Why else dye it if you don't want it to stand out? Hopefully they change their stance on this.