Shrine Changes!

Comments

• Aesi said:
    Ainly said:
    Seems to me that shrines are going to be harder to destroy but no harder to raise.  Someone could put in a lot of effort to drop a single shrine just to have one raised easily immediately after.  How about putting a debuff in a room where a shrine was destroyed, making it impossible to raise another shrine there for a period of time. Hi @Melodie.
    I'm sorry but wasn't this the point? 

If if they want to raise again right away, why not? More shrine conflict. More essence drain on your enemies.

Its just more meaningful and you have a chance to respond now.
    You don't have to be sorry.  I don't know what the point was. I'm just playing with ideas.  I feel like destroying a shrine would be more meaningful if the order couldn't just raise it in the same spot right after it was destroyed.  Essence, as far as I know, is not really an important factor nowadays.  
  • Yeah fair enough, I can see your side too
  • It does take a lot longer to sanctify too though!
  • lmao nailed it
  • Fucking brilliant. 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Hi @Ainly!

Lmao @Halos, what the hell, man. Can always count on your imagination to paint crazy scenes.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Just delete worldburn in favor of cooler but less extreme powers, obviously.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I want the silas 

• Only fought like two shrine fights so far, but I'm really liking this change! It drags out fights so it actually feels like you're fighting to hold territory until you can finish, and the other team can push you out/reconscecrate and then you can come back and redo it again. It's very give/take
  • Just fought on the other side. Very fun! Now nerf deliverance pls. 
  • : ( so how does cause works now for the three non-defilers standing in a room?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Tahquil clearly wants to get in on this defiling action, guys, send tells.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • what's cause?
  • Aegoth said:
    what's cause?
    I'm going to kill you, -cause- you're a jackass! :lol:
  • Aegoth said:
    what's cause?
    Just cause.

• Tahquil said:
    : ( so how does cause works now for the three non-defilers standing in a room?
    The majority of people have treated it for a while now as "you're helping to defile, so let's fight" - granted, there are those who don't.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Rangor said:
    Rp justification! They at the shrine, they the enemy.

I can stand where I want!

Touch me and its on!

• What about a shrine power to replace worldburn that mimics font stacks, but on a vastly increased tick? It would still give the advantage to defenders but require them to actively engage defilers to make use of it. Stacks should fade within a minute of a shrine dropping or by spending one minute outside of any rooms with that Order's shrines in it.

• Confirmed: Silas is Prospero.
  • Halos said:
    Ahmet said:
    Clearly you guys just need to split Sartan in two again.
    Or merge Deucora.
    That would be interesting
    The two Gods turned to face each other: one of torrid flame, the other golden light. Movements exactly mirrored by the other, They each stepped forward until Their thumbs and index fingers were a mere few inches apart. Then the Bloodsworn Gods shouted the magic words.

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Wonder twin powers-- ACTIVATE!"
    The firmament burns with white-hot fire as the pure, baritone voice of Deucalion calls out, "Wonder twin powers--ACTIVATE!"

Reality flickered for a brief instant. In that instant, a veil of fire-chased ivory mist obscured the Bloodsworn duo, churning in a maelstrom of light and sound. After a moment the cloud dissipated, revealing the spinning frame of an adrogynous God, eyes of fiery gold and flowing hair of magnificent ivory.

Aodfionn says in a low, rumbling voice, "My Lady?"

Someone powerful says, "NO."

Aodfionn says in a low, rumbling voice, "Who are You?"

The heavens hum as the ineffable voice of Aurecalion, Avatar of Good intones, "WE ARE ONE."

Aodfionn hesitantly says in a low, rumbling voice, "Do You love me or hate me?"

Aurecalion says, "WE ARE INDIFFERENT."

Quisse says, "This is pleasing."

(Order): You say, "Oh. I still have an Order."
    (Order): Greys says, "You bet you do!"
    (Order): Tesha says, "Yay! Halos Halos Halos! Yay!"
    (Order): Iskla says, "Dawnspearians are all one Order now!"
    (Order): Siduri says, "Order-gasmic!"
    (Order): Greys says happily, "I will spend the next twelve hours talking about my wife and coconuts. Isn't that grand? Who wants to go sailing?"
    (Order): You say, "Godsdamnit."

Aurecalion says, "THE FIRST ACT OF GOOD UNITED ---"

Aurecalion raises a single, alabaster finger, and in a moment a confused human with a goatee blinks into being.

Silas says, "Lolwut."

Aurecalion says, "-- SHALL BE TO FINISH CONSTRUCTION OF OUR SPRAWLING CITY."

Silas says, "I'm retired."

Aurecalion says, "NO, YOU ARE NOT."

Silas says, "YES, I AM."

(Targossas): Aodfionn says, "Fuck yeah this is so rad guys."

Silas attempts to stifle his amusement but cannot help laughing aloud.

Aurecalion stares implacably at Aodfionn.
    Aurecalion says, "ARE YOU DRUNK, AODFIONN?"

(Targossas): Aodfionn says, "Mis."

Silas grows still and his lips begin to move silently.

Aurecalion gives a pained sigh.

It's scary how accurate this is...
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • And as far as shrine powers go I vote we re-institute a smaller less deadly bladefire if we're getting rid of worldburn.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • This change seems to echo changes Aetolia made a few years ago. Shrines there were capped at 100 total per order and each shrine got a "seal" that you had to pop before shrines became vulnerable. We didn't have heralds, though - unsure of the term, the auto alert if something is being defiled...didn't know that existed here, much to my doom. Yall are spoiled :P Trust me, you think shrine stuff is annoying, try doing it when your only "monitoring" is farsight, shrinesight and physically patrolling :pensive:

Raids, however, did not happen at the same extent there, so worldburn was a very rare happening - it just didn't do much, without people actively massed in the shrine radius. 

The shrine changes worked well in Aetolia, imo, because Holy Wars were introduced in the same sweep. You were limited in shrine number, and only one person could defile, but we had a whole conflict system given to us to make shrine battles a sanctioned thing - it helped compartmentalize it all, and give people a nice 'victory' for a conflict, as well as ensuring conflict stopped when it was done - if yall are considering something like that for Achaea, I plus one that. It was really fun.

I don't really have any overall view on how this pertains to Achaea, merely a reflection of similar changes and how they played out in Aetolia, which sounds like it might be fairly similar.
  • If I recall, absolutely no one liked Holy Wars, and they were hated as simply mechanisms of 'who can stay up the longest'.
  • edited May 2016
    Perhaps you are thinking of actual warfare, though I will concede that orders that had no fighters tended to bitch a lot. The system wasn't perfect, and individuals had a lot of impact. My order was always quite excited when I declared one.

Regardless, I was just referencing them to explain that a context like that made the changes fun. There is not much context here, so the changes might feel icky and unfun and arbitrary, I suspect. I'd be grumpy to lose a lot of shrines, and I was when the new system was introduced in Aetolia. Once a war system was introduced, though, a lot of us were quite happy - we even have fun shrine erecting parties where we pitted each other to set em up in the pit.

I was just trying to provide my insight about how things shook out after that.
  • I watched shrines get desecrated yesterday and afterwards we resanctified and I tried to consecrate but it was still consecrated? I'm a little curious if that's as intended or a bug. I mean isn't desecrated no longer...sancti... Okay

• Saeva said:
    I watched shrines get desecrated yesterday and afterwards we resanctified and I tried to consecrate but it was still consecrated? I'm a little curious if that's as intended or a bug. I mean isn't desecrated no longer...sancti... Okay
    Yeah, one of them randomly consecrated itself -while- I was defiling it. Sartan shrines OP.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Consecrate and desecrate are separate from sanctification and defilements. Only large shrines can be consecrated, I think, but it could be that a consecrated shrines could still take corpses due to no being completely full.

But if it  is something different then it was probably a bug, yeah.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.