Championship of Baelgrim

@Aegoth and I are running an event for the Mhaldor Ministry of Culture in 713 AF called the Championship of Baelgrim.

It's been done before, when @Jarrod was crowned the Champion of Baelgrim. But we have added a couple of new twists to keep it exciting!

The double-elimination bracket is probably the most important event within the whole thing, so I figured I'd share the bracket I created online now that the period to join has concluded!

Stay tuned IC for more details, not a huge event but something to follow if you like combat.

http://challonge.com/baelgrim

Comments

• Jarrod was actually made Champion of Baelgrim for winning the Staff of Nicator. Hasar was the Champion of the last Mhaldor tournament, which I think was called Climbing the Spires, and was double elimination.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Proficy is competing? Good game, all  :p

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Xinna said:
    Jarrod was actually made Champion of Baelgrim for winning the Staff of Nicator. Hasar was the Champion of the last Mhaldor tournament, which I think was called Climbing the Spires, and was double elimination.
    Yeah it is under a new name. I didn't know Hasar one the last one though. Good to know :D 
  • edited May 2016
    @Saibel and @Ebor joined up, so we had to tweak the bracket a little! But I'm glad we got a few last minute contestants

http://challonge.com/mhaldor

• Given the participants, this might be my only victory:

You step down off of a giant horned toad.
    A giant horned toad leaps swiftly sideways, nearly toppling you to the ground as you dismount.
    Drawing on the power of undeath, you wreathe your hand in black, crackling energy. With a diabolical 
    laugh, you stiffen your hand and slowly run it down Aegot's chest, splitting it open as you do so. 
    With an expert touch, you rip apart his innards, causing a maximum of horrifying pain, and, enjoying 
    the spectacle of Aegot writhing and screaming in agony, you rip out his sternum and drive it through 
    his splayed body, pinning him to the ground to die.
    You have slain Aegot.

• I felt like if I threw a stormhammer into the mix there I mighta got lucky, but it was fun. At least I get another match out of it