Golden Giftbags

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
edited May 2016 in North of Thera
Okay so... I think a bunch of us forgot this. The golden giftbags that you find in the iron giftbags for this month's promo were from last year's may promo (ANNOUNCE NEWS #4331) and they were UPGRADABLE. I don't know if they're still upgradable this time around, but for the love of god don't just take the herbs out of the bag without trying. Confirmed by Valkyn. Do GIFTBAG UPGRADE <BAG#>

I got one and so did a couple of others. Only we didn't know and took all the inks and stuff out. :scream:

Comments

• Can confirm, it works. I'd left two just sitting there full because it was all rubbish.

• Wow damn, I really wish I knew about that now. :/
  • do they upgrade to anything worthwhile? If so I'd be VERY sad.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    How does it work? Simple! GIFTBAG UPGRADE <bag> will attempt to upgrade your giftbag's contents to the next level of prizes. Be warned, however, that there is only a -chance- that your attempt will succeed. Higher level giftbags have a progressively lower chance of success.

In the event that luck is not on your side, and your upgrade is unsuccessful, don't worry, your back will be reverted back to its default contents, so you're never going to lose out on getting anything from a giftbag!

Once an item is removed from a giftbag, or if an upgrade attempt is unsuccessful, that bag can no longer be upgraded.

Upgrade levels:
    0 - Default level at which all giftbags start: you'll get some herbs, sigils, inks, and gold.
    1 - Runic vials containing stat, experience, and critical hit boosting elixirs, or clay chips (worth 20cr to trade-in).
    2 - Artefact pipe, Artefact vial, or ivory dice.
    3 - Dragonskin quiver, drinking horn, Dagger of Reincarnation, or Serpentine Keyring.
    4 - One of the level 1 artefact weapons.
    5 - Wand of Reflections, Eagle's wings, Buckawn Amulet, or Wand of Portals.
    6 - Veil of the Sphinx, Gem of Rapid Transmutation, Grimoire of Hasty Adaptation, or Girdle of Aegis.

It was just another gamble within a gamble. But if people had known at least they would've taken a chance instead of just wasting it directly on the original contents. 

• I'm.. a little annoyed that this wasn't mentioned. I have five I would have done this on. -sourpants-
  • Mine turned back into rubbish if it makes anyone feel better.

• @Makarios or @Nicola, any chances we can get our golden giftbags restored since we were completely unaware they could be upgraded?  Some of us (like me) weren't even here for the original golden giftbag promo, so had no way of knowing they could be upgraded. :(
  • I agree with penwize, I only had one but it would have been fun...
  • Oh, balls, I used up two. Good grief.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    It was quite an old promo so most of us forgot. It was only when I was digging through old announce posts about the chocolates that I saw the golden giftbag thing and remembered.

Thanks in advance though! 

• I did mention it in the Rants thread on May 1st, although am aware not everyone reads that toxic mess.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • For the month, should make golden giftbags purchaseable in Delos for 10k per (1 per day?). Watch the gold sink away! :D:D
  • Asmodron said:
    For the month, should make golden giftbags purchaseable in Delos for 10k per (1 per day?). Watch the gold sink away! :D:D
    10k in a day wouldn't make a dent in the gold reserves some people have access to. A sum as small as that is literally peanuts. A single round of Delos guards will net you ~7k by itself, and that's about ninety seconds of work. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, but you'd need to greatly increase the gold price of giftbags to make a serious dent.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Asmodron said:
    For the month, should make golden giftbags purchaseable in Delos for 10k per (1 per day?). Watch the gold sink away! :D:D
    10k in a day wouldn't make a dent in the gold reserves some people have access to. A sum as small as that is literally peanuts. A single round of Delos guards will net you ~7k by itself, and that's about ninety seconds of work. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, but you'd need to greatly increase the gold price of giftbags to make a serious dent.

In truth, I was originally thinking 10k per giftbag with the idea of buying as much as you want, but I then considered that might be considerable somehow abusable. I should have changed it to some 50k-100k a giftbag per day.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'd buy a golden giftbag once a day for 100k

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I had 15 golden giftbags.

4 were upgraded to level 2.

And 2 of those were able to be upgraded to level 3.

None got past level 3 unfortunately. :(
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Yes but what did you get in the upgraded giftbags

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Level. 2's: two ivory dice, an artie pipe, and an artie vial

Level 3's: a reincarnation dagger and drinking horn
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Halos said:
    Yes but what did you get in the upgraded giftbags
    More like what did you waste in the upgraded giftbags
    Huh. Neat.