Happiest moment.

That other thread was cool but it kinda harshed my squee, so tell me about your character's happiest moment and/or the most engrossing experience you've had as a player.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Getting 10th in the y700 exp race (as tearful and weird as it was) after almost everyone I knew told me I had zero chance at placing.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Most of my character's happiest moments have a lot to do with the Divine, and I am not even sure how to pick one, but some of them I can't or shouldn't share. Either way, the Divine, especially Lady Pandora and Lady Selene, have made some extremely memorable moments for me.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Toss-up between returning to Cyrene, and speaking with Lord Scarlatti (and getting a TF!) after I submitted my first two canvases. 
    Huh. Neat.
  • Getting Archon in Ashtan.

Getting into Aurora Order.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Took you long enough

• Atalkez said:
    Getting Archon in Ashtan.

Both done at the same time? Good show :P
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Saeva can't even dance
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That was the point, she can't dance. It was adorable though, rip that day. The end of everything.

For my happiest moment: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/86982/#Comment_86982

There's been a lot of very strong moments of pure joy. The day of Mel's first marriage, the day Aerek proposed, getting into Neraeos' Order, certain experiences with her children, but I think the above link is the one that has stuck with me the hardest, even if it led to the worst moments some years later.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    That was the point, she can't dance. It was adorable though, rip that day. The end of everything.

For my happiest moment: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/86982/#Comment_86982

There's been a lot of very strong moments of pure joy. The day of Mel's first marriage, the day Aerek proposed, getting into Neraeos' Order, certain experiences with her children, but I think the above link is the one that has stuck with me the hardest, even if it led to the worst moments some years later.
    i thought your happiest day was when you were sold as a spry 30 year old
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    To be fair, marriage is often considered a sale and Mel's first marriage was when she was 30ish, so that fits in!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    To be fair, marriage is often considered a sale and Mel's first marriage was when she was 30ish, so that fits in!
    I just imagine this Dowry.

I GIVE YOU, THREE HUMGII FOR THE LADY
  • This was a Cyrenian arrangement so it should be three humgiis and a case of rum.
  • Skarash said:

Ashtan's first stand-alone ctf win. And Sarapis's public acknowledgement of that win. To set the stage, in the prior ctf, I was offered a temporary ctf alliance by rangor to help Eleusis win the ctf - his logic better that Eleusis (who was in third I think) win then Shallam (who was in first). I refused, saying that I felt that it would be more satisfying to win a CTF as an independent organization (I also felt that I wasn't getting anything as part of the deal - but didn't mention that part).  Shallam went on to win the ctf, and I was told privately by first Demeter and then Sarapis, that ctf was by design, impossible to win by any one city in a stand alone capacity, and that the shifting alliances were part of the game.

This irritated me to the point that I wanted to prove that I was right or maybe that they were wrong - same thing really.  So I spent the next six months working out a strategy that Ashtan could use to win a ctf with no help at all.  First an analysis of city strategy - pretty straightforward - cities went to the flag site closest to their city gathered everyone there and sat on a flag. Next the pretty straightforward logical leap of "if every city sits on one flag, then logically sitting on two flags should let me win."  This presented me with a problem - I'd have to halve my forces in two - leaving both halves exposed to attack.

Now around the same time, I happened to be reading The Path of Daggers - from the Wheel of Time. In the book, Rand's forces use travelling and mobility to defeat the Seanchan's ever victorious army.  And that's when the solution hit me, rather then splitting my forces in two to take two flag sites, I'd split them into three - two entrenched stationary forces to hold the flag sites, and a third, powerful, quick-hitting, highly mobile force to provide support as needed. With the battleplan finalized - the ctf commenced.

And it was a roaring success - the final score was 18000 points for Ashtan - with the next closest city being Shallam at approximately 2000 points.  It was the biggest and most shocking ass-beating ever delivered during a ctf at that time (maybe ever?) - Sarapis was even cool enough to public congratulate ashtan on the most dominant performance he had ever seen in a ctf.  Cue music - fade to black!

And yet another reason to read Robert Jordan: it gives you an edge in group combat in muds! THAT MAN WAS A GOD

R.I.P. Jordan :'(
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • That event where we rescued the Grooks and Horkval from the Kashar prior to Blademaster's getting introduced.  Getting to give Gibbi some more depth was awesome.  Especially when he sailed with Zulah while chasing the fleeing warships, despite the fact that it stood against literally everything else he stood for.

My first large-scale mineral sale.

Running a game of Dungeons and Dala'myrr that ended in a TPK.

I have undressed a god.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    When @Sarapis hosted a ffa and shouted my name (not szanthax), that's an interesting name, you are now my champion. (Or something..maybe I'm rooting for you). 

Tranquility walks in and kills me in two combos. 

And thus Szanthax was born.

• Being inducted into Aegis' Order is probably first for me.

There were a series of hilarious things that followed that, but that isn't really happiest moments. 

Probably another one, when Pandemonium finally woke up. Which was followed by biggest WTF moment, when he was killed by Bal'met.