Why is your favourite class the best class to play?

Just curious.

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Are you looking for like stats and combat/hunting strategies to back up reasons, RP reasons, or just any reason no matter what it is?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Well, I didn't specify so it's up to you!
  • Dragon.

Because I'm a giant dragon and can eat people.

I never get a devour off successfully, but I don't care.

- (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I want them all...

• Bard, out of shaman, serpent. Alchie that I have. And you are not going bard.

I am contemplating jester, or Knight (due to class change arty makes it 4in1 class super worthwhile ROI)
  • I always tend to gravitate towards learning up the class that people need at the time, to help the team, so haven't really solidified into a favorite one for 1v1 purposes
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    I wish I'd never left knight :( 

• Magi. For the sheer amount of utility.
    Shaman used to be my favorite up until the runelore shift into spiritlore. I haven't chosen another lesserform class to care about since I only use BM as multiclass for blade quest experiments. I think sentinel has the coolest flavour, in my opinion and just out of things I personally like.

I've pretty much settled on dragon. I could get rid of shaman and BM and not pick up another class and be totally happy with dragon. The damage, tankiness, ability to fly without a mount, and gare are all nice for hunting and getting around. Plus it has so much more utility like dragonsense, veilglance, veildeliver, breaking ice and stone walls, leap, etc. I imagine for combat it's not the most exciting class, though.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited May 2016
    I like knight classes because I like the image of a sword-wielder in its various possible incarnations.  On top of that I enjoy 2h,partly because it is not as hectic as other fighting styles.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Bard. Bard bard bard. Bard. 

Because I have a ton of mobile utility, I can hunt very well, and the roleplay is endless. I mean, who doesn't like being a roguish fencer with a great voice who also happens to be athletic? Plus, I can illusion, I get minuet for force, I can afflict and damage (with arties). There really is no end to what I can do. 
  • If I pick a class they will fundamentally change it into something I don't particularly enjoy playing. So I like Serpent, mess up serpent bad for me bb.

But srsly now, I like Shaman class mostly because of Vodun. I'm not particularly good with afflictions but I at least can do decently if I try. Yet with Vodun I can save fashions and decide how I am going to kill someone after I get a decent amount. So basically, versatility?
    Achimrst said:
    If I pick a class they will fundamentally change it into something I don't particularly enjoy playing. So I like Serpent, mess up serpent bad for me bb.

But srsly now, I like Shaman class mostly because of Vodun. I'm not particularly good with afflictions but I at least can do decently if I try. Yet with Vodun I can save fashions and decide how I am going to kill someone after I get a decent amount. So basically, versatility?
    Vodun IS pretty awesome.

I think I would still love shaman more if I could RP it to the potential that you, Bluef, and several others have over the years. I don't know much about ritualism and such and didn't learn it anywhere in Achaea nor was I offered by anyone to teach me so it really hindered me from  being the kind of shaman I had originally set out to be, but otherwise I'm pretty happy where I'm at now. So kudos to those who can RP shaman to its fullest potential, for me it just wasn't really meant to be.

• I said this in another thread, but as a newbie to Achaea, Jester is pretty awesome. I feel tanky for hunting, helpful in team fights (hindering, area control, affs, damage) with almost no setup, I have some nice mobility with tarot, a mount-clone/gallop with giraffe, and great extra RP options with illusions. I haven't even touched 1v1 stuff, and I am still having a ton of fun. Jester is also great because it feels like I can play it so many different ways, from a RP/character angle, and I'm really enjoying creating my character.
  • Kayeil said:
    Achimrst said:
    If I pick a class they will fundamentally change it into something I don't particularly enjoy playing. So I like Serpent, mess up serpent bad for me bb.

Vodun IS pretty awesome.

I think I would still love shaman more if I could RP it to the potential that you, Bluef, and several others have over the years. I don't know much about ritualism and such and didn't learn it anywhere in Achaea nor was I offered by anyone to teach me so it really hindered me from  being the kind of shaman I had originally set out to be, but otherwise I'm pretty happy where I'm at now. So kudos to those who can RP shaman to its fullest potential, for me it just wasn't really meant to be.
    :(

That kind of makes me sad, RPing Shaman is still one of the funnest things I have ever done in RP.

• Occultist or Jester. I just like them most and it has nothing to do with Tarot.

Maybe my focus is on what interests me most at a personal level, from RP possibilities to the "feel" of the classes.
    I know next to nothing about PvP, so unsure about that.
  • It's the best class to play because it's my favourite class. Why the hell would anybody play anything else?
  • Monk.

Variety of kill methods 1v1
    Can fulfill several roles in groups - physical damage, unstoppable damage, physical hinder, affliction hinder, general afflictions, tank
    Near unkillable 1v1 if played right
    Viable unartied and excels with arties
    Pairs well with every other class combo 2v2 or in small groups

• Blademaster because tier lists are dumb (though the attack speed is nice). 
  • Apostate because beckon + blackwind + truelock. Also demon apathy. Mmm.
    Achimrst said:
    Kayeil said:
    Achimrst said:

Vodun IS pretty awesome.

:(

That kind of makes me sad, RPing Shaman is still one of the funnest things I have ever done in RP.

I envy that a little but I'm also glad for those of you who have had that kind of RP. On the flip side, I've had (still do) great Orders and other various RP that I've gotten to enjoy instead so I wouldn't call it a huge regret. It's just not something I knew how to get into and will always be one of those things I'll have a curiosity about or wonder "what if" if I had gone down that path of RP.

• Is there much of a role play community with serpents? 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited May 2016
    I'm loving runie. I can help in raids and can do my own thing without a ton of difficulty. It really makes it easy to play many sides of the game casually.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Paladin!

The bashing is really great, and it gives you options for helping out others like few classes get (Defend + regeneration and recovery are two options for keeping a person completely safe for the most part, which is wonderful). 

Bloodsworn is delightful flavour and has a huge mechanical advantage. 

Four specs give you a ton of options, with some pretty differing avenues. DWC is crazy strong in groups, 2h really good for dueling, and SnB has a phenomenal way to make use of Damnation (haven't really tried DWB :().

Pretty great without artefacts, super strong with them. Great area control, mobility with swiftmount, many options for helping others out (hands/deliverance/pilgrimage/etc.), and meshes well with nearly every other class. 

All in all, so, so good. 
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Runewarden is the best because it's methodical and doesn't come with the baggage required to play Infernal.

Blademaster is the best because it deals with the folks Runewarden struggles with.

Infernal is just the best.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • @Daeir so well written!
  • Shaman is also the single most complex class in the game, so there's that too.
  • SethSeth North Carolina
    Forum Warrior because I'm a newb.
  • It isn't. 

• Best class is Druid. So much potential bit it never gets any love.