Clarification On Trading Credits From One IRE Game To Another?

KayeilKayeil Washington State
I'm a little confused about things I've seen happen on forums and reading HELP CREDIT TRANSFERS.

If you want to trade credits from Achaea to another IRE game, do they have to be bought off the website, or can they be in-game earned? I've also seen people sell minipets and crowns, things like that, to get credits transferred to another IRE game character of theirs.
What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Comments

• Judging by how many people have done it (me included, in the past), I'd say you're allowed to. From what I've gather, you just can't trade credits between your alts that you've earned in-game. Everything else is fair game.

• Last I heard, while it's not disallowed, it's also not officially supported (for example, you won't be protected by the "no scamming" rules), just like if you're trading credits for real money.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Actually, iirc, part 4 of the ToS states that you're just straight up not allowed to exchange them for real money at all.

4. License.
    You may not use the Services to generate revenue for yourself or any third party, in any way, without prior written permission from the Company.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Correct, any form of generating revenue through selling of assets you've acquired in game or through purchases is a violation of the Terms of Service, strictly a no go.

The exchanging credits between games is enough of a grey area that you'll need a verdict from @Sarapis.