Help scroll suggestions and additions (AB included)

With time, I have found myself generally frustrated with certain lack of information in certain scrolls or the lack of existence of some. As such, if anyone else feels the same, they can post Scroll suggestions here. I cannot recall all the issues I have encountered over time, but I will post what I have so far.

* Addition to HELP CUSTOMIZATION or HELP FISHING that mentions the ability to customize a baitbucket artifact to only supply deepsea bait.

* A HELP FIGURINE scroll that outlines just what they are, how to use them, and if possible the list of current figurines.

* Some form of official scroll dictating the Modifier placed on classes for hunting (Announce 4538). HELP MODIFIER could work, or perhaps a note placed in each damage ability for a class.

* Not sure if this is possible, but a HELP GIFTBAG to outline everything you can get in giftbags?

This is what I have so far. If I find any information to be lacking in the future, I'll toss it up here.

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited May 2016

Asmodron said:

* A HELP FIGURINE scroll that outlines just what they are, how to use them, and if possible the list of current figurines.

HELP PROMOTIONS.

Oh, you meant the battle figurines, not ice figurines. Nvm.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Bait buckets are long discontinued, the odds of that mattering to someone who didn't already know are very very slim.

The class modifiers are pretty irrelevant too, unless you were used to the old damage (in which case, there's the news for changes like normal). It's not as if people get used to a certain damage their bashing attacks do to players and then are surprised at the damage to adventurers.

And giftbags, I'm pretty sure, change contents every time they come, so I don't know how useful a list of past items that have been in them would be (or why a help file would be better then an announce post for current items).

• Nakari said:
    Bait buckets are long discontinued, the odds of that mattering to someone who didn't already know are very very slim.

The class modifiers are pretty irrelevant too, unless you were used to the old damage (in which case, there's the news for changes like normal). It's not as if people get used to a certain damage their bashing attacks do to players and then are surprised at the damage to adventurers.

And giftbags, I'm pretty sure, change contents every time they come, so I don't know how useful a list of past items that have been in them would be (or why a help file would be better then an announce post for current items).

Im told you can customize a baitbucket made through Talisman to supply deepsea bait, rather than river/lake
  • I think it would be pretty nice to have a HELP PROMOTION that details te current prizes and rewards by type. 
  • edited May 2016
    @Dairon I can't tell if that was tongue in cheek, but just in case, there is already a HELP PROMOTIONS (HELP 19.10.15) which details most of the prizes you'll find in giftbags and globes. (Other items are listed in the various Artefact or Shop of Wonders HELPS.)

• Nicola said:
    @Dairon I can't tell if that was tongue in cheek, but just in case, there is already a HELP PROMOTIONS (HELP 19.10.15) which details most of the prizes you'll find in giftbags and globes. (Other items are listed in the various Artefact or Shop of Wonders HELPS.)

Did not know that this was a thing. Wow, thanks!
  • Nakari said:
    Bait buckets are long discontinued, the odds of that mattering to someone who didn't already know are very very slim.
    Long discontinued as an item you can outright buy, but they're a pretty common talisman in the various monthly promotions (or were in the past). It's not like new players coming into the game have absolutely no chance of getting one.
  • Asmodron said:
    * Some form of official scroll dictating the Modifier placed on classes for hunting (Announce 4538). HELP MODIFIER could work, or perhaps a note placed in each damage ability for a class.
    What makes it different from any of the other hundreds of changes made to the game? For current players, there's the announce post informing them of the change. For new players who start after the change, the information would be entirely meaningless without also having details on what the damage was before the modifiers, and even then it would only have some historical value, not much practical use.
  • Dairon said:
    Nicola said:

Did not know that this was a thing. Wow, thanks!
    It has to be something pretty new (or maybe ninja-made because of this thread?) because it's HELP 19.10.15, when artefact powers (which is still pretty new) is HELP 19.10.14
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • According to the website help pages, Alchemist is HELP 8.1.1 which makes sense because, as we all know, Alchemist was the first class released in the game. I wouldn't base anything on those numbers, there's clearly some kind of other ordering going on (alphabetical in the case of the class HELP files).

• Antonius said:

According to the website help pages, Alchemist is HELP 8.1.1 which makes sense because, as we all know, Alchemist was the first class released in the game. I wouldn't base anything on those numbers, there's clearly some kind of other ordering going on (alphabetical in the case of the class HELP files).

The "other ordering going on" is most likely what I assumed: they're tacked onto the end of the appropriate list (which is why they're last in the HELP 19.10 grouping instead of the end of HELP 19).

Also doing a quick glance with SEARCHNEWS ANNOUNCE HELP PROMOTION shows that the newest announce news with that phrase was @Tecton calling for coders referencing both HELP CELANI and HELP PROMOTIONS as files to read (in fact, HELP DEMIGODS (18.8.1) still refers to said file in context of divine promotions, not monthly promotions). This announcement was released on 3/13/2016 (which makes it about a month and a half), so unless Tecton was copy/pasting an older version of the coder recruitment and didn't bother reading it (which I doubt), this version of HELP PROMOTIONS didn't exist before than.

Either that, or it did exist but wasn't called help promotions
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Hmm, out of the list of Fallen/Departed Gods, HELP LUPUS doesnt seem to mention what occurred to him nor his current situation. Many newcomers may simply assume he is dead (or get confused that he is an active god).
  • Please file typos or bugs for any inaccuracies in HELPs or ABs. If you have a suggestion for a new HELP, or additions to be made, please file an IDEA.
  • Nicola said:
    Please file typos or bugs for any inaccuracies in HELPs or ABs. If you have a suggestion for a new HELP, or additions to be made, please file an IDEA.

• Nicola's nickname shall now be NOcola.
  • Asmodron said:

Im told you can customize a baitbucket made through Talisman to supply deepsea bait, rather than river/lake
    Oops, sorry, I'd totally forgotten about that. Never mind, then, it'd probably be useful.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Nakari said:
    Asmodron said:

Oops, sorry, I'd totally forgotten about that. Never mind, then, it'd probably be useful.
    Yes, it's 250 credits to make a baitbucket provide deepsea bait, instead of river/lake.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Tahquil said:
    Nicola's nickname shall now be NOcola.
    Now they need to market a soda called NOcola with her as the spokesperson.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Kayeil said:
    Tahquil said:
    Nicola's nickname shall now be NOcola.
    Now they need to market a soda called NOcola with her as the spokesperson.
    It should be tea. No cola included.
  • I just recalled an old issue I once had with missing information that I would have -loved- to find on a help scroll:

- Could we perhaps have a scroll (or addition to HELP SHIP TRADE) that dictates all the items receivable by ship trading and -what- they do??

I honestly have no idea what most of this stuff does, including:

- A covered bird cage
    - A striking captain's hat
    - A barrel of rum
    - A notic amulet
    etc.

Would be great for future reference please, rather than trying to guess.

(yes will idea this as well ^^)
  • It's possible I'm mistaken, but surely the point is that you IDEA and/or TYPO these things instead of posting on the forums, not in addition to.
  • Antonius said:
    It's possible I'm mistaken, but surely the point is that you IDEA and/or TYPO these things instead of posting on the forums, not in addition to.

I like to post suggestions here to see if other players may feel the same way or if the information is tucked away somewhere.

(I also want to give love to the thread :( )
  • Maybe typo it IG, but post to this thread if you have maybe typed up a HELP file you'd like to see in its entirety.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I did Idea this, but putting this here also. Unless I'm missing a scroll that I haven't seen yet, I think this should be added...

Help scrolls like HELP CONJURATION do not explain what the items do, but there used to be scrolls for that. So, unless I'm missing something, you'd have to have the skill to read the AB files to even see or ask someone who knows or has the skill. Came to my attention when a protege was asking me about some of the items. I think the tradeskill scrolls should get a second look to make sure each one has relevant information for people who may be new to the game who want to know more about them. I know there is a HELP SIGILS, however.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.