Blademaster bashing and more

2»

Comments

• Lucianus said:
    Current damage I do to Orc Soldiers in Dun Valley:

Race: Xoran

Bard with 18 strength/14 int and Soulpiercer: 4% damage per jab at 1.7s

Blademaster with 19 strength and L3 band: 5% damage per drawslash at 2.0s in Sanya

Runewarden with 20 strength and Dreadblade: 6% damage per focus speed/slaughter at 2.9s

Currently I hunt Moghedu and Dun as either Bard or Blademaster these days. At level 94, I've finally obtained the critical percentage rate (http://www.achaea.com/forum/critical-hit-guide) to make Blademaster hunting a worthwhile alternative to Bard bashing (cause hunting as a Bard for 4 hours straight can get really boring).

I personally think, especially with the damage comparisons between my current three classes listed above, Blademasters can out-damage a 2-handed Knight when they have the right stats. Squishiness aside, they're getting pretty close to having a good spot in hunting!

Race: Human
    14 STR/CON

I'll check how much dmg I do to things in Dun next time I go there with friends. 
  • >18-20 strength.

Artied hunting (and supposedly SUPER artied hunting in your case) is a lot easier than unartied hunting for the classes.  Which, in reality, is horridly abysmal.  The tankiness factor is one that's pretty much the most argued over though.
  • Lucianus said:

At level 94, I've finally obtained the critical percentage rate (http://www.achaea.com/forum/critical-hit-guide) to make Blademaster hunting a worthwhile alternative to Bard bashing (cause hunting as a Bard for 4 hours straight can get really boring).

Not sure what you mean by that. If your bard attack had better DPS than your blademaster attack at lower crit rates, the same will be true at higher crit rates; increased crits will increase each by the same percentage, so the gap will only widen.
  • edited May 2016
    Eld said:
    Lucianus said:

At level 94, I've finally obtained the critical percentage rate (http://www.achaea.com/forum/critical-hit-guide) to make Blademaster hunting a worthwhile alternative to Bard bashing (cause hunting as a Bard for 4 hours straight can get really boring).

Not sure what you mean by that. If your bard attack had better DPS than your blademaster attack at lower crit rates, the same will be true at higher crit rates; increased crits will increase each by the same percentage, so the gap will only widen.
    The gap does widen. On a purely logical point of view, I have no reason to bash as Runie or BM since the DPS with my bard attack is better. But I like variety... and I often switch to other classes to hunt as them to keep things interesting.

So even if I don't do as much DPS with BM as I normally do with Bard. I still think BM damage is not that bad compared to the current damage my Runie does (cause knight damage got nerfed).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Getting close to 90 from bashing now. Here are my thoughts.

Thyr is the best stance for high levelbashing as crits tend to be ridiculous combined with the attack speed thyr offers. I've been able to fight multiple groups of midbie things (Creville, Upper Azdun, etc) just fine with Thyr where I would normally have to run once or twice if I was using Sanya (though Sanya is superior to Thyr mid level). Dun Fortress also isn't a problem with a hunting buddy (excluding the rooms with 4+, baron room, etc). It's not too bad really. Keep in mind that I am unartied.

If people still think BM damage is too low, I'm sure someone could classlead it after conducting the proper research.