A new day for Achaea.

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
edited April 2016 in North of Thera
ANNOUNCE NEWS #4543                                     (04/29/2016 at 22:30)  
From   : Sarapis, the Logos
To     : Everyone
Subject: Promotions in the Garden!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the last days of 2009, we let Achaea's previous producer go, and promoted Tecton 
to producer. Since then, Achaea arrested the precipitous downward slide it had suffered
in the years between my stepping away as producer and Tecton taking over. Through his 
efforts, Achaea recovered and is thriving, with this year actually seeing a substantial
rise in activity thus far (which is kind of surprising in a long-established MUD in 2016).

Achaea has a great and growing team around Tecton currently, with some really valuable 
folks, but two of them really stand out: Charlie (Makarios) and Nicola (Lorielan), both
of whom are assistant producers currently and who work really hard and long to help make
Achaea better for you. Because of the nature of the work they do you're probably not aware
of how much they contribute, but let's sum it up as "a shit ton" (meaning an amount exactly
equivalent to 3 humgiis after they have completed precisely 67 courses at a meal).

Today I'm pleased to announce three promotions:
Charlie (Makarios) and Nicola (Lorielan) are being promoted to co-producers. Yes, Lorielan's
old-as-heck plan to seize control of reality appears to be coming true, if in an OOC sense 
rather than an IC one. They make a great team together, with highly complementary skillsets 
that overlap in the right places so that they can collaborate on ideas for everything from 
a new class to RP events. Makarios will just stay Makarios, and though Nicola will continue 
playing Lorielan, she'll create a character named, appropriately, Nicola, under which she'll
do her job as co-producer, to keep the IC/OOC separation clear.

I'm promoting Tecton to Executive Producer, which is a new position for us, and means his 
main job will be overseeing Charlie and Nicola with me, and lending his 6 years of producing
experience to them. He's going to be transitioning to doing that part-time, doing his job as
CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of Iron Realms, and working on another project within Iron 
Realms. (And just in case the timing seems odd, no, this has nothing to do with his recent 
vacation.)

The transition will happen over the next few weeks, giving Charlie and Nicola a chance to get
their feet under them, though they're already involved in most aspects of running Achaea, and 
are well-equipped to step up with this promotion.

I want to personally and publicly thank Justin for all he's done for Achaea over the last 6 
years as producer, and for years before that as a volunteer.  I've got full confidence that 
Nicola and Charlie will do a great job, but they've got big shoes to fill!

Tecton will continue to be available at tecton@achaea.com, while Nicola and Charlie are at 
nicola@achaea.com and makarios@achaea.com if you need to get in contact with them.

Penned by My hand on the 22nd of Glacian, in the year 711 AF.

Comments

• Congratulations to Tecton, Charlie and Nicola. And perhaps more importantly, good luck!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    That's so awesome! Congrats you three, and thanks for helping make Achaea what it is today! So great they've helped Achaea become a more active game.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Well deserved all :)

• Note to self: Don't write next resume to Sarapis on lipstick.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Three cheers for everyone!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Minifie said:
    Note to self: Don't write next resume to Sarapis on lipstick.
    Actually, if you could deliver a resume written on a stick of lipstick, I'd be impressed with the effort.
    Sarapis said:
    Minifie said:
    Actually, if you could deliver a resume written on a stick of lipstick, I'd be impressed with the effort.
    http://www.themistymom.com/2014/12/make-it-personal-engrave-estee-lauder-lipstick.html

Don't make me do it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Sarapis said:
    Minifie said:
    Enough to give me some minimum wage job? :D
  • Does this mean that Australian dominion of Achaea will no longer come to pass, @Tecton?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Still 25 hours and 37 minutes in April (for me)!

If he's devoting his attention to a new sci-fi mud that you asked us about in an e-mail that we took a survey for sometime last year I think... then I'm totally okay with this. Bring on the laser guns!

Kayeil said:
    If he's devoting his attention to a new sci-fi mud that you asked us about in an e-mail that we took a survey for sometime last year I think... then I'm totally okay with this. Bring on the laser guns!
    The trailer made me giggle like a fucking child.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Kayeil said:
    The trailer made me giggle like a fucking child.
    Trailer? I don't remember one, hmm... is there a link?

• I can't wait for the 3D science-based dragon MMO.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Grats to everyone! Not gonna lie though, I am now extremely curious as to what this new project is that @Tecton is going to be working on! No chance of any spoilers, I suppose?

• Daeir said:
    Not to say that Tecton was in any way not-great, but I am unreasonably excited to see the Makarios + Lorielan dream team hit full stride.

I have literally nothing negative to say.

Future's gonna be fuckin rad.
    Fraped?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• See. People named Justin are the bomb.

congrats everyone.
  • Also, I am more excited for starmourn than core 1.

• Tecton, I have only a few run ins with you as a customer and I have to say every time has been enjoyable even when I'm trying to put one over on ya and you've caught me.  I think it goes without saying customer service is so big in this era and Iron Realms not only does it well by hiring the right people but also by recognizing their efforts.... Despite the really funny public letter that went astray a decade ago or more haha. 

Congrats! 
  • edited April 2016
    Congrats! I am very glad to hear of the promotions and that the game is thriving. I am especially glad for @Tecton, I always thought he does a great job, even if admittedly I am one of those sometimes straining his sanity.
  • A new day, hmm? Would you say it's a....brand new day?

@tecton's master plan revealed!
  • Good luck guys! Keep moving forward!!
  • Bad side: No more Tecton to complain to about fixing things

Good side: now I have TWO people to complain to about fixing things!

All jokes aside, congrats to @tecton, @marakrios, and @Nicola! All three of you have worked hard and it's good to see quality people getting rewarded
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • @Nicola Congratulations. In case you are looking for a more unique profile picture...

(I never said I was an artist okay? This is why @Tibitha does the player portraits.)