Nexus issue

edited September 2012 in Tech Support
I use nexus client and I know nobody really likes nexus anymore but I do and I don't want to switch however I'm having issues with it every time I try to go to the page it gets to 15 percent and I get this:

--[ Task ]--

Client initialization

--[ Environment ]--

Build=Nexus-3.3.1-1418

Thread=Init

os.arch=x86

java.version=1.7.0_05

java.class.version=51.0

browser=sun.plugin

os.name=Windows XP

os.version=5.1

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

browser.vendor=Oracle

browser.version=1.1

java.vendor.url=http://java.oracle.com/

--[ Exception ]--

java.lang.RuntimeException: Invalid skin file: media/skin.jar

at nexus.Main.run(Main.java:230)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I tried reinstalling java and that seemed to help briefly then it started doing it again. I'd think it was a java update but I have java set up to ask me before it installs updates

Comments

• try:
    www.achaea.com/nexus
    www.achaea.com/nexusnew
    www.achaea.com/nexusold

or switch to mudlet
  • thank you the nexusnew one worked
  • and then stopped working with the same issue as the other :(
  • It's got to do with having the latest java client and admins deciding they're not going to work on the nexus client anymore. Try the new HTML5

http://client.achaea.com
  • The issue is version compatibility. You can downgrade to a previous version of Java, which they list as available for download on their website. The current version is Java 7.7.

For the most part I have no issues running the Nexus client on v7.7, I have found that sometimes it'll just stop or jar (mind the java-related pun). For this, I just refresh the page, or in extreme circumstances, restart my browser or computer.

Keep in mind that previous versions of Java (most notably 7.1), while they may improve your experience with Nexus, include significant security flaws which may allow someone the ability to execute any code on your computer remotely.

In summary, you may downgrade to previous versions, attempt to refresh until you connect, or switch to Mudlet which is a tad more powerful and has much more documentation if you look hard enough.

"Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.