Issue in Shastaan

I've tried plenty of things, but I've yet to be able to coax the fisherman's wife Galeria into giving me some vine. How am I supposed to do that?

Comments

• Asking for help in quests is pretty discouraged
  • Asking for help on forums is discouraged, and should be, so that others don't find the answers without ever trying.

Ask around IG, though. It's silly for people to not want to help others figure things out. Don't expect a straight answer, but no reason people can't give ya some hints.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • This question was mostly pertaining to the command to use; the quest appears to be a straightforward fetch quest.
  • In text games the command to use is often part of the puzzle
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kiet said:
    In text games the command to use is often part of the puzzle
    In Achaea the command to use is often an obscure syntax that's not used anywhere else in the game or its some new variation on an old one that doesn't work properly if you try the old one and that there's relatively no hints as to which to use.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah, have you not played other text games?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kiet said:
    Yeah, have you not played other text games?
    Simply pointing out that when its a completely arbitrary command with no hint as to what you should be doing and that's not been used elsewhere, it's a bit ridiculous, and doesn't hurt to ask. That's all.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Kiet said:
    I've not
  • edited April 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Kiet said:
    Simply pointing out that when its a completely arbitrary command with no hint as to what you should be doing and that's not been used elsewhere, it's a bit ridiculous, and doesn't hurt to ask. That's all.
    There's no doubt that some of the quests are ridiculously obscure in some areas, but that doesn't change the fact that a) this is a text game staple and b) the game is against openly sharing quest solutions, generally.

I just ignore any quest that seems too convoluted, but they can all be done as people obviously figured them out at some point.

Ander said:
    Kiet said:
    I've not

Was more directed at Ahmet!

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    @Ander

Sometimes quests in an area can be interlinked. Try helping other denizens in the area and maybe one of them will offer you a solution.

• edited April 2016
    Kiet said:
    Not sure how this happened, but I thought my earlier comment hadn't been posted. 
  • I'll tack on to Halos' helpful list that along said speaking about quests in front of denizens they may also respond to things like 'help' , 'task', 'job'.
  • I think everyone is right - it's annoying to have obscure and inconsistent commands, but it's also something that should be discussed IC. Regarding the former, I am sure it's something admin are aware of; when I was playing Aetolia, they were making a push to standardize the obscure commands, and I'm sure Achaea has the same goal eventually.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    If you have quest hints turned out, it helps a lot with some of the lower level area quests and figuring out how syntaxes work.

It was a huge blessing for me because before Achaea I came from a MUD with the most obscure and random as hell syntaxes to get anything done. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."