Examples of awesome Jester RP?

edited April 2016 in The Scarlattan Theatre
I did a search and found some good material: Jester RP cliches and pitfalls 1.0  and Tiax public post examples (#16558, #16892, and #17871)

Can you provide good examples of Jester RP? From news posts to descriptions to social interactions. 

Tiax posts seem so clever and would like to be that well "spoken", all while being mindful of the cliches and pitfalls post. 

Also, is there an in-game clan for this sort of thing? 

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Well there is the CIJ House... I have no recent examples of great jestering. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of it out there publicly like there used to be. I remember when they had a troupe and would go around to the cities doing all kinds of performances. Before Blackharp's run as HL of the CIJ a few years ago or so they held this awesome Carnival in Delos for everyone to visit
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

The Carnivalis Institute of Jestering

[HOUSE LEADERSHIP]
                   Government Form: Autocracy (Elected)

Lady of the Carnival: Leliel
                            Patron: Vastar
                 Head of Newcomers: Douz

[CURRENTLY IN THE REALM]
                    Newcomer aides: (nobody)
                    Able to induct: (nobody)

The House Heraldic Arms: Lozengy Argent and Sable

The Carnivalis Institute of Jestering is the foremost academy for madcap
    mayhem in Sapience. Built upon the Carnivalis family teachings spread to us
    by the great Silvestri Carnivalis, a man sent forward in time over six
    hundred years, the simple purpose of the CIJ is to spread the message that
    there can never be too much humour. All possible methods of entertainment
    are encouraged from art, literature, the theatre; anything is possible in
    the mind of a Jester.

Upon his arrival, Silvestri was dismayed at the moribund nature of his
    present surroundings. A former court jester to the Seleucarian Empire, he
    found no one engaged in the ancient arts. Silvestri founded the Jester guild
    in 299 AF on the Isle of Delos amongst laymen, setting the standard for the
    passing of tradition. One century after the founding of the guild, the
    Carnivalis Institute of Jestering was prepared and thrust into the
    foreground, a shining example of the levity of all things.

The CIJ itself is strictly neutral at all times to further the individuality
    of its members. A jester may live in any city they wish, worship any deity
    they wish, or scrap the lot of it and pantomime an epic butterfly war on the
    side of a highway. The only piety a jester makes is to their house, their
    mates, and to the ideals of mischief and merriment. No matter the foe,
    whether they use their acrobatic prowess, the devoutly secret art of mouse
    education, the mystic arts of the Tarot (given to the Occultists to aid them
    during the Burning Times), or prank-filled puppets, a jester's greatest
    enemy is always the tight lipped Greyface, and their greatest weapon is
    their mind.

• Thank you. I did see there is the CIJ house.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Mexis said:
    Thank you. I did see there is the CIJ house.
    I'd highly recommend you not consider the CIJ unless you are highly self-motivated and not looking for much in the ways of interaction. Sorry guys, you're awesome, but the house is pretty much always empty and there's little to no drive for any sort of meaningful advancement.

And if you _do_ join the CIJ, please try to keep your head above the water while swimming through the sea of crude and unsavoury humour. We don't need another jester that does nothing but litter panties and make nothing but fart/sexual jokes.

Anywayyyyy, back on topic... Actually I have nothing to contribute to this topic. q.q
    Huh. Neat.
    Ah, yeah... I wasn't sure what the state of the CIJ was right now. I know it has its ups and downs based on membership and leadership. Sometimes it does really well, sometimes not so much. Your best bet might just be doing research and doing your own thing.

• I noticed. There at most 1 person on at a time.
    Much room for improvement and noticeably. 
  • Mexis said:
    I noticed. There at most 1 person on at a time.
    Damn, when @Aktillum was in charge I remember it being more active than that.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• My jester found a good home in Cyrene - much more to my liking there... people are just so nice!
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited May 2016
    Sarathai said:
    Mexis said:
    I was in charge before city renaissances and all the cities ushering their citizens into their new Houses. It made a dramatic impact on CIJ membership, as we predicted. Also, a handful of people quit the House after I stepped down, though for unrelated reasons. (Well, not entirely unrelated. Typical "protest the new HL" stuff.)

I log in from time to time and it seems to be doing better though. Usually about 5 - 7 people on HWHO when I poke in.

If anyone does join the CIJ, I recommend talking to Seraya, Douz, Leliel, and Tanaema, they are running a lot of the fun Jester RP stuff.

Aktillum said:
    Sarathai said:
    Mexis said:
    I was in charge before city renaissances and all the cities ushering their citizens into their new Houses. It made a dramatic impact on CIJ membership, as we predicted. Also, a handful of people quit the House after I stepped down, though for unrelated reasons. (Well, not entirely unrelated. Typical "protest the new HL" stuff.)

I log in from time to time and it seems to be doing better though. Usually about 5 - 7 people on HWHO when I poke in.

If anyone does join the CIJ, I recommend talking to Seraya, Douz, Leliel, and Tanaema, they are running a lot of the fun Jester RP stuff.
    TBQF, that election should have ended in a tie and one of the voters should have been issued and dealt with by the upstairs peoples, butttttt that's in the past.

Anyway, people have done a wonderful job keeping things going, especially with Lel's accident. The house is doing great considering the deafening cries of "Go join one of the fancy new houses".
    Huh. Neat.
  • I don't have any experience from the inside of the House, but as an outsider I'll say that the CIJ are awesome and they could certainly use a few more folk around to help facilitate said awesomeness.
  • It would be cool if CIJ had a clan with dues, to help others that are already in Houses, but still want to learn all about CIJ stuff like performances and RP on a formal level.
  • Mellexo said:
    It would be cool if CIJ had a clan with dues, to help others that are already in Houses, but still want to learn all about CIJ stuff like performances and RP on a formal level.
    I love this idea! 

Akti pointed me to this thread - I don't usually haunt the forums since my time is sometimes limited and I'd rather spend it playing than talking about playing. That said - as Aktillum and Ahmet alluded to, we've been through a rough patch lately with changes and RL challenges siphoning away a lot of our most active members. Things are really picking up again, though, and we've been much more active. We've got a lot of fun stuff planned and are already doing a lot of fun stuff in-House. Anyone who want to know more or has questions, just look me up or drop me a message in-game. 
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Mellexo said:
    It would be cool if CIJ had a clan with dues, to help others that are already in Houses, but still want to learn all about CIJ stuff like performances and RP on a formal level.
    Talk to Seraya in-game about joining the Masquerade clan, it was set up specifically for non-CIJ people interested being part of CIJ performances

• @Talysin combat logs when he was a Jester. Best Jester RP ever
  • I am pretty cool.
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Talysin said:
    I am pretty cool.
    Oh you do necromancy and jester? Neat :p

• Morthif said:
    @Talysin combat logs when he was a Jester. Best Jester RP ever
    Scandalous!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • This is how you RP jester. You fuck with as many people as you can, and you graffiti all you want because you can. You skip merily down the road " tra la la la la la," only getting satisfaction by the trouble you cause and the mischief you get into. In the end its a lonesome road because most people hate you for it. At least it cures my insatiable boredom. And always remember Praise true Chaos, Remember Rainbow Eris, and praise Pandora she is such a cutie
    Mako said:
    This is how you RP jester. You fuck with as many people as you can, and you graffiti all you want because you can. You skip merily down the road " tra la la la la la," only getting satisfaction by the trouble you cause and the mischief you get into. In the end its a lonesome road because most people hate you for it. At least it cures my insatiable boredom. And always remember Praise true Chaos, Remember Rainbow Eris, and praise Pandora she is such a cutie
    And then you get your head chopped off because you take your antics to the presence of someone who doesn't want to deal with you.
    Huh. Neat.
  • If you can hold down a jester long enough to behead him you deserve not to be fucked with anyway
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Mexis said:
    Examples of awesome Jester RP?

This is pretty high up there:
    Guildmaster of Jesters, Llewellyn Mercadia, Lord of the Carnival, in a dazzling display of concentration and willpower, raises you above his head with his mind. Terrified, you begin to wonder what kai technique lies in wait for you. Suddenly, Llewellyn jerks you back to the ground. Expecting merely to be slammed into the floor, you nearly black out when Llewellyn's outstretched knee connects with your nuts. Realizing that no concoction made by Gaia's children will bring your testicles back, you begin to claw out your own throat to end your miserable suffering. While lying in wait for death to ease your pain, you silently curse the kainutslam.

• Szanthax said:
    Talysin said:
    I am pretty cool.
    Oh you do necromancy and jester? Neat :p
    You spelled "necrophilia" wrong.