Quick Questions

Comments

• Jukilian said:
    Valkyn said:
    Jukilian only has one class
    Uhhhhh, about that...
    You have a class other than toad?

• Jukilian said:
    Did anyone figure out what the deal is with the water-stained Kashari scroll?
    I just got this message in response to my issue about it:
    Message #3406       Sent by Dalinor
    4/25/0:33 Greetings! Regarding your issue #76049: We apologise that you were awarded an invalid 
    talisman piece. We have credited you with a different talisman piece in return. Please let us know 
    if you have any further questions via ISSUE ME!

So if anyone else has gotten that, it's apparently an 'invalid talisman piece' and you can get a replacement piece.

Valkyn said:
    Jukilian said:
    Valkyn said:
    Uhhhhh, about that...
    Don't make me hurt you...
  • Jukilian said:

Valkyn said:
    Jukilian said:
    Valkyn said:
    Uhhhhh, about that...
    Don't make me hurt you...
    Honeymoon's already over and you haven't even tied the knot yet.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• This may be a very dumb question, but is there a dinghy skill or ferries not on HELP FERRIES? I'm trying to get my marque but it seems like I need a boat to get to the places which seems like a catch 22...
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Qwyn said:
    This may be a very dumb question, but is there a dinghy skill or ferries not on HELP FERRIES? I'm trying to get my marque but it seems like I need a boat to get to the places which seems like a catch 22...
    you need to ask someone to take you to some of the islands

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Qwyn said:
    This may be a very dumb question, but is there a dinghy skill or ferries not on HELP FERRIES? I'm trying to get my marque but it seems like I need a boat to get to the places which seems like a catch 22...
    Your Minister of Maritime Affairs takes people on marque runs, could always ask her when the next marque run is.

• On training up tradeskills past your second:

Each of these skills also carries a compounding lesson
    cost to learn. So your third tradeskill (first additional skill) will cost
    fifty percent more lessons to reach transcendent. Your fourth (second
    additional) will cost fifty percent more again.

So the third would be, say, 150 lessons instead of 100. For the fourth and beyond, is the extra 50% based on the previous amount, or the original lesson amount?
    Example: Tradeskill 4 would be 50% more than 150, or 225, or would it be 100% more than 100, so 200? Please let me know if this is unclear.
  • Ah ok. I'll seek out others for help. Thanks!

Out of curiosity how did the system initially work when it came out? If you need a ship, who took people on the original runs?
  • Qwyn said:
    Ah ok. I'll seek out others for help. Thanks!

Out of curiosity how did the system initially work when it came out? If you need a ship, who took people on the original runs?
    You got a completed marque when you bought a ship.

• Ahh interesting.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Taarkos said:
    On training up tradeskills past your second:

Each of these skills also carries a compounding lesson
    cost to learn. So your third tradeskill (first additional skill) will cost
    fifty percent more lessons to reach transcendent. Your fourth (second
    additional) will cost fifty percent more again.

So the third would be, say, 150 lessons instead of 100. For the fourth and beyond, is the extra 50% based on the previous amount, or the original lesson amount?
    Example: Tradeskill 4 would be 50% more than 150, or 225, or would it be 100% more than 100, so 200? Please let me know if this is unclear.
    Last I heard it's additive 50% based on the original cost, though I'm not 100% certain.

Tradeskill 1 and 2: 100% of original cost (693 lessons)
    Tradeskill 3: 150% of original cost (1041 lessons)
    Tradeskill 4: 200% of original cost (1386 lessons)
    etc etc
    Huh. Neat.
  • It's an additional 50% of the base tradeskill cost per tradeskill. So if a regular tradeskill was 100 lessons to Trans, your first two would be 100 lessons each, third would be 150, fourth would be 200, fifth would be 250, etc. Unlike learning additional classes, there's no cap on the scaling (other than the number of available tradeskills).
  • Thanks guys! Didn't think the help file was too clear on that and it would have made a significant difference.
  • Do simply any Ship commands increase Crew xp or is it only certain ones such as the movement commands. Additionally, in the case it is movement, do crewmates gain xp while rowing/sailing or only when they are given the command to row?
  • Repairing seems to boost experience. Actively fighting/sailing seems to make shipmates rank up faster, while not makes crewmates a bit faster. Not sure about other things. It's so slow to gain it's hard to test.

• Repairing definitely gives them experience. I've seen them level without ever leaving port.
  • Can anyone tell me if the islandwings are worth it for fleeing ganks? Or do they function as a lesser form of eagle/ata wings?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Minifie said:
    Can anyone tell me if the islandwings are worth it for fleeing ganks? Or do they function as a lesser form of eagle/ata wings?
    I believe they're a step beyond what atavian wings does, in that there are exits to island from their clouds exit

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Minifie said:
    Can anyone tell me if the islandwings are worth it for fleeing ganks? Or do they function as a lesser form of eagle/ata wings?
    I believe they're a step beyond what atavian wings does, in that there are exits to island from their clouds exit
    They don't have access to regular clouds at all. They do have exits to all ferry-reachable islands, though, as well as an exit to the Tasur'ke harbour. They can't be combined with normal eagle/atavian wings (I asked), so you have to wear both sets.

The island wings would in theory allow you to get away from a gank, yes. Assuming the person you're running from doesn't have a set themselves. Off the top of my head, people who have them are myself, Trey, Mindshell, Penwize, Grondson, Qwindor, Proficy, Seragorn (don't know if he's completed them or not though), and possibly Ellaer (she had three pieces, don't know if she sold them or found the fourth). I'm not sure who else.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• Does the clouds room that they go to have an exit to High above the clouds?
  • Antonius said:
    Does the clouds room that they go to have an exit to High above the clouds?
    Nope. As I said, they don't have access to regular clouds. No duanathar, no duanathara, no duanatharan. You only get the duanatharic room.

• Yeah, you posted after I opened the thread but before I made my post. Too late to edit it now.
  • Antonius said:
    It's an additional 50% of the base tradeskill cost per tradeskill. So if a regular tradeskill was 100 lessons to Trans, your first two would be 100 lessons each, third would be 150, fourth would be 200, fifth would be 250, etc. Unlike learning additional classes, there's no cap on the scaling (other than the number of available tradeskills).

There is a cap, 1736 per tradeskill.
  • Are you sure? Pretty sure I paid more than that for my last tradeskill.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The cap is higher than that. I spent 2k lessons on my last tradeskill.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • That's the reading in game was giving me when using "show lessons in skill" but it does seem an odd number. Might've been 2500 instead based on my shaky memory, I have all trade skills and I do remember the cost eventually stopped going up as I was learning more.
  • Here is where I am at, if this helps anyone to extrapolate the numbers for increase:

Remedies: 693 lessons, 100%/trans
    Harvesting: 693 lessons, 100%/trans
    Gathering: 1039 lessons, 100%/trans
    Inkmilling: 1198 lessons, 88%/mythical
    Tailoring: 100 lessons, 7%/adept
    Cooking: 213 lessons, 13%/skilled
  • You have the equivalent of about 693 lessons in the miniskill InkMilling.

You have the equivalent of about 693 lessons in the miniskill Gathering.

You have the equivalent of about 1039 lessons in the miniskill Tailoring.

You have the equivalent of about 1386 lessons in the miniskill Cooking.

You have the equivalent of about 1732 lessons in the miniskill Jewellery.

You have about 2082 lessons remaining before you reach Transcendence in the miniskill Armoursmithing.

• Yeah looks to be a straight + 346 each time, and doesn't cap at below 2000 so far.

• Oooo didn't realize those were that low of an investment...

gonna be like that week where @Jhui bought an Artie cleaver and opened his own butcher shop.