Thinking of returning.

edited April 2016 in North of Thera
Hello folks,

So I'm thinking of returning but I've a couple of questions beforehand.

First of all how's the achaea community doing, as in size and activeness? (Of course each Achaea player is probably worth about 10 (or more) regular MMO players).

Secondly, and probably harder to answer, should I continue where I left off, or start a new character?
More specifically I think I was on around 2012ish, might have been 2011, and I know there's been a LOT of changes since. Initially I was thinking of just restarting, but then again that'd be a lot of xp and lessons gone to waste.

Thanks for any input and adivce

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'd suggest at least trying to get back into your current character. Relearning this is difficult, but it's usually worth the effort.

Of course, if you don't end up sticking with your current character, take a look at HELP RETIREMENT. If you have a decent investment in your character, you can get some of your credits back for use on a new character.

In the meantime, feel free to ask questions! I (and most others) are happy to help out!
    Huh. Neat.
  • What I did on returning was quit my city immediately and moved somewhere that I knew nobody. Fresh start while keeping the work I'd already put in.

So that's an option.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited April 2016
    Ok cool.

I was just thinking that with all the new changes it might have been better to start over and learn from the bottom up, but I guess I'd be doing exactly the same if I picked up my old character (except I'd be like level80 instead of 5).

From an RP point of view though Im not sure how difficult it would be? I was a male Raja runie in Cyrene. I want to keep the same race/class but swap city from Cyrene to Eleusis. I guess I could say something like I was away living as a hermit in some far off land and returned to Sapience in order to protect nature, as I grew to love it during my 'exile'?

@Xaden you posted just as I was typing up my reply  ^^  Looks like I was thinking of doing that pretty much
  • Yeah, that'd work. Pretty much anything you want will work. Spent years travelling the islands, seeing the wondrous landscapes and beauty and realised that it needs to be protected at all costs. Or some other nature BS :)

• Cool cool, thanks for the input
  • edited April 2016
    Also as a side note, I was looking at which client to use, and although I've always liked the aesthetics of Nexus, it seems like Mudlet is still the go-to client.
    There are things I love about mudlet, namely using the folders, but the GUI is just so ugly. Maybe there's scripts/mods/etc that I can use to change it?

side side note. By starting afresh I mean wiping most of my old code etc as its mostly broken now anyway. I see SVO is now free which is awesome. I can write my own bashing/anti-theft/gg scripts (at least basic ones), are there any other public scripts I would be crazy not to use? (PvP and advanced gameplay scripts excluded, they can wait till I've got a feel for the whole system again)
  • For mudlet :
    Zulah's GUI is free and available somewhere on these forums. It looks pretty and people seem to like it. 
    Keneanung has a bashing script as well (though so does svof I think)
    Austere has a limb counter (AK - available on the forums), as does Antonius

• Mudlet mapper is super great. A lot of Svof's functionality scripts are wonderful (tattoos, highlights for certain in-room hazards, meditating without being interrupted, sorting QWHO by area, etc. etc.), as well. 
  • The current website client is rather functional for scripting in comparison to the old days. It' still young and people are still fumbling with it but soon there will scripts packages coming out.

That said you can make your mudlet GUI look just about how you like.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Tahquil said:

That said you can make your mudlet GUI look just aboutexactly how you like with some knowledge.
    ftfy
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.