Custom Racial Stats

1235»

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    @Cooper Oh? How did the size stat worked? I am curious

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• It did nothing, but in the other IRE games that inherited it, some of them used it for like.. writhe times.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    To be fair, I assume all areas of Achaea are made what would be considered "large" to us IRL, but would seem normal in Achaea due to the sheer size of some races and how there is no limit on how many can gather in any area.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Shirszae said:
    @Cooper Oh? How did the size stat worked? I am curious
    It never did anything but make people bitch when someone put they were a 5 foot troll in their description. 

• If it's so important for someone to have mechanical limitations to surpass as a means to roleplay surpassing  their characters' physical/mental limitations, I'm sure it's always going to be possible to just pick bad stats. 

But if what people want is to have everyone else think they're special because they picked an unusual race, then it's no wonder that when we talk about racial roleplay, we're mentioning a couple of individuals instead of broader communities. 

• edited April 2016
    In Aetolia, I picked my race because I was OH for the divine who created that race. Very RP-motivated. Then I spent a few years trying to be viable in PK without faster bal/eq, lower str, etc. I literally had to find/create other kill routes because normal stuff like aff locking didn't work with subpar stats. I suppose I had some twisted pride in doing ok despite my crap race, but overall I would mostly just grumble about rp hamstringing me. Statpacks there were a glorious change - everyone was viable, your race was something you celebrated instead of resented, and people started playing the more obscure/previously underpowered races more.

No Statpacks: rp choices made combat painful
    With Statpacks: lots more rp and enjoyment across the board