Offensive Artefacts and Monks

2»

Comments

• You do realize we have/had 12 strength monks going full constitution and still PKing the shit out of people because of monks absurd damage? And this was without artefacts.
    In no way does monk have the short end of the straw, it has limb prep that ignores rebounding 100%, it has kai enfeeble, it has crush, it has choke, and a full torso combo is just crazy how much damage it does. Now lets go a Xorani, with level 3 gaunts, with level 3 knuckles. Oh wait, hi Proficy. I see you're literally double axking runewardens to death, oh Atalkez with a TF while bloodsworn is up? That's cute you're dead too.

In no way will I ever ever ever ever think Monk will be the short end of the straw in the PvP scene. You can literally go a full int spec and crush and choke people to death, you can go strength and steal every kill with your combos, or you can just go full constitution on top of weathering and still kill everyone if you bbt/axk if you look out for proning - or still do as much damage with your chokes and crushes in the back line. 

Wanna talk about short end of the straw? Let's talk about Blademaster right now against anyone that has artefacts.
  • Proficy AXK combo'd me for 53% the other day.... Yup... ouch
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Oh, and another 47% er right there <span>:dizzy:</span>

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    ^ All of this

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Xaden said:
    Proficy AXK combo'd me for 53% the other day.... Yup... ouch

Only 53%? WTB Algiz plz. I take 60% as paladin. :(
  • >67% as Shaman
  • I though this thread was going to be about nerfing high-end monks, boooo
  • Was damage nerfed already? Could swear I was taking 62+% with Algiz/fullplate the other day.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • It's possible I had toughness as well (Love priests!). But I can't remember cos I don't really make a habit of getting blessings.

• these discussions never get anywhere, people routinely see their class(monk) as underpowered and the other classes as overpowered(priest) :>. I will say that while fully artying out a monk is expensive - a fully artied out monk is very flexible on both offense and defense and is still just terrible at escape and I mean *turible* (stop it auto-correct). An unartied monk is pretty bleh though.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Skarash said:

these discussions never get anywhere, people routinely see their class(monk) as underpowered and the other classes as overpowered(priest) :>. I will say that while fully artying out a monk is expensive - a fully artied out monk is very flexible on both offense and defense and is still just terrible at escape and I mean *turible* (stop it auto-correct). An unartied monk is pretty bleh though.

I last like 8 seconds vs occies in monk