Starting over (again)

2»

Comments

• SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tahquil said:
    Rofl. Everyone should go to the start of the thread and read through the whole thing again.
    I couldn't figure out how to go back and then I realized it was only one page...

• Kiet said:
    No one's gonna ask you about your past, just make it up or give them the bare basics you remember if it comes up in conversation.

It's really not that hard to come out of inactivity, just log in and start playing and read help files/search the news/forums to catch up.
    Kiet said:
    What squad mate you died one time 1on1 after purposefully lying about your history to Mhaldor.

You had it coming.
    Not that I'm agreeing with the bitching about the death, but uhhh ^^^^

With that said, however, it's one death bro. I quit Targossas and died 30+ times. I quit Mhaldor and died 3-4 times. I quit Ashtan and died 2-3 times. It's part of being a faction hopper (dormancy or not).

It's very well a part of Mhaldor RP to pay the blood price. It's not made up, nor is it BS.

I've died nearly 5000 times to players, death is only what you let it be. It can ruin your time, or it can be how you take the break to get a soda. That's your choice.

Retiring because you died once is melodramatic, at best.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • There's a difference between changing your history a bit in the details and then quitting mhaldor and pretending you were a novice when we all saw you had the droch title lol
  • Atalkez said:
    take the break to get a soda.
    #DrPepperAdvertisement
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Minifie said:
    Mhaldor will pay the blood price again when eleusis gets bored, you know the price playing with mhaldor.
    This really isn't an attractive comment, but lol anyway.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Minifie said:
    Mhaldor will pay the blood price again when eleusis gets bored, you know the price playing with mhaldor.
    This really isn't an attractive comment, but lol anyway.
    It was meant to invoke lol's, prettiness is for Cyrene.
  • edited April 2016
    Don't get too bummed out about the death, Drauka. :/ I know it is tempting to retire and start a new character without any history/drama attached but I would advise you to consider simply class changing and joining a city you feel comfortable in. Retirement is cool but you lose a lot of credits in the process.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You seemed nice enough when we chatted the other day.

• edited April 2016
    Yes. Let the hate flow through you. Join Targossas/Eleusis and hate Mhaldor together.  

• I might be a bit crazy. *sigh*
  • definitely going to just cut my losses and start out a newb again and/or go to Lusternia. 
  • No one likes a quitter :)
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    lol at the massive player retention thread versus this shitshow. Sorry for your experience @Drauka, I'd be pissed too.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • edited April 2016
    If someone can't handle minor roleplay consequences for their actions, I'm not sure how people who actually stick to well-established roleplay are responsible for their retention.

Like has been said repeatedly, dude is clear now and can live his life without anyone from Mhaldor even caring. He could probably get unenemied for like 5k gold and no one will remember the whole issue anyway.

• Marax said:
    lol at the massive player retention thread versus this shitshow. Sorry for your experience @Drauka, I'd be pissed too.
    lol

I'll just leave this here:
    Drauka said:
    It doesn't help with roleplay or immersion or anything

• I'm curious how many people were part of the gank and if @Drauka was spoken to or warned about it beforehand.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited April 2016
    As has been stated a time or two now, it was a single person (Kiet), and it wasn't a "gank".

He was enemied first, and immediately reached out to Taraus in OOC tells. I don't know if there was a "I'm coming to kill you now" tell, but he would have been informed about the blood price.

Edit: This thread has gotten beaten to death, just let it die while he figures out what he wants to do.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Pretty sure that's the case in most factional cities now. In Targ you swear an oath to the Bloodsworn when you graduate the academy. You break the Oath and you die. 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had a Naga in Mhaldor once that I stopped actively playing. Decided after some time away that I wanted to play the character again since serpents are fun, but I wasn't really into the Mhaldor vibe (cruelty disturbs me, even in RP) so I left randomly without a word. My serpent joined another city, I ended up not playing it again for a few months because things on Kyrra got interesting enough to play more, but when I logged back on my serpent, Arditi tracked me down and killed me within about five minutes. I still had a debt owed to Mhaldor and the Naga, and once that death was out of the way, my serpent was pretty much left alone.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."