GMCP unveiler plugin for Mushclient

Short version: A plugin that allows you to hear important GMCP data in Mushclient world script space.

Installation: Needs to have Soludra's GMCP plugin installed. Copy contents of gmcp_unveiler_alias into the Mushclient alias window. Install plugin.

Alternative download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11kjtgbmffzk1i1/gmcp_unveiler.zip?dl=0

Modules unveiled: Char.Vitals, Char.Status, Char.Items.List, Char.Items.Add, Char.Items.Update, Char.Items.Remove, Char.Defences.List, Char.Defences.Add, Char.Defences.Remove, Char.Afflictions.List, Char.Afflictions.Add, Char.Afflictions.Remove, Room.Players, Room.AddPlayer, Room.RemovePlayer, IRE.Rift.List, IRE.Rift.Change

Notes: Doesn't include any method for sending GMCP messages (e.g. IRE.Rift.Request) to server. Some of the aliases include bits of code or other hints to help figure out the structure of the module

Motivation:
If you have used Mushclient for any amount of time, you are probably aware of the fact that the design philosophy is heavily oriented around the theme of plugins. Each plugin has its own script space, which can be accessed from other plugins if you know what you are doing but are nearly opaque to the general world space. The upside of this design is that you don't have to worry as much about things like naming clashes between different plugins. But the very serious downside is that tinkering with scripts in existing plugins is next to impossible.

Now, I consider GMCP data to be nearly essential for constructing a robust system in Achaea, but the only existing way to address the data is by using Soludra's plugin. For several years now I've been wishing for a way to access GMCP data directly, and since none were forthcoming I took the matter into my own hands.

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited April 2016
    This is cool, but I thought this would be an artefact veil-bypass in the form of clever code.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Halos said:
    This is cool, but I thought this would be an artefact veil-bypass in the form of clever code.
    :>
    Huh. Neat.