Your Legacy

Comments

• Rinzai said:
    If I were to go dormant today, I would think the common answer if people said "Hey remember Rinzai"  would be something to the effect of "Oh yeah, nice guy, quiet, and wish I had gotten to know him better"
    I'd remember you for your arctic fox pet. CUTE!

Tvistor said:
    Once I was leading a backstab gank, and one of the Naga in my group told me they wouldn't do it. I was like 'Why the hell not?' and then they started pulling honor on me. Then, as is the custom of some people (we all know one), they decided the best way to continue the argument was to start using OOC tags.

It culminated in being lectured on 'being a serpent doesn't define me'. That's true, but your House does define you to some extent. 'Sir' Soujirou really messed up the Knights of Hashan in that respect.
    Military intelligence. Friendly fire. Honourable serpent.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    A legacy of being old sounds about right for me...

• Um... I don't think I'll ever have a legacy. *shrug*

@Rinzai - Obaku, awesomness (OOCly JBT)

@Misgul - eating my head in a raid

@Melodie - awesome Priestess. I still remember both of us going nuts about the Rho thing. 

ummm Yeah, people are more interesting than me. 
    meh

• Sorry Sohl, but I've been MoS. You'd have to go a long way to beat me in terms of corruption.

• I regret to inform you that Sohl is almost certainly more corrupt.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I heard Silas did things to his conscripts.
  • @Tvistor You kids... what do you know?

• I want my character to be remembered in HELP TELLS
  • It's an interesting question, since a big part of what I consider to be Zenui's mindset is his desire to have some kind of legacy. He wants to be remembered as a teacher/philosopher of the East, and maybe have family of his own to pass things onto.

But primarily his identity is/was defined in terms of the organizations he's in. About 50 IC years ago, that would have been primarily in terms of the Church, and the belief that it would endure as an institution even if his own legacy was fairly paltry. Then the Church went *poof*, and with it Zenui lost a great deal of his identity but moreover that projected legacy. So the years since then have mostly been about him trying to find some way (successfully or not) to somehow reconstitute those things on different terms.
  • Silas said:
    @Tvistor You kids... what do you know?
    Sohl has done things, man. He has done things. To his subordinates, to his relatives, to his mother.
  • His mother is my mother. Where do you think I learnt it from?

• Mayapple said:

I want my character to be remembered in HELP TELLS

I remember Mayapple.

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    I think every character would like to have some sort of legacy, whether they admit it or not.

• I'm completely fine with Yezrit being forgotten and overlooked by history.

• Yezrit said:
    I'm completely fine with Yezrit being forgotten and overlooked by history.
    Just go dormant for one rl year and see if anyone can remember you. If they can, they either have a good memory or you have some kind of legacy, which are good things either way. Done :)
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• People remembered -me-, though I suppose I was gone less than a year. My greatest legacy was probably designing the House pipe and city vials, and nobody even knew that.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Khoraji remembered my original char, quite a few IRL years past their last interaction. :)

So did Firey, but that's a different situation.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • You think I'm.... beautiful? *flutter*
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i rememebr mayapple and yezrit. Both of them for being extremely pretty woman.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Poetry!

I'm actually a fairly competent writer IRL, but my style tends to be limited slightly by local tastes. I like writing in the context of Achaea RP specifically because I'm able to work with topics and stylistic elements that would come off as corny in any other context.

I'd like to leave something of significance to the community while I'm playing.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I planted the blueberries everywhere.
  • @Krypton: The hell you did. Kaiya and I coordinated like half of that.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    @Delphinus, you'll always leave your maps behind, and your legacy for being an explorer and historian.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited September 2012
    @Krypton: The hell you did. Kaiya and I coordinated like half of that.
    @Delphinus: The hell you did. You pissed and moaned when the blueberries started appearing outside of their original source.
  • @Krypton: Not saying we started it! But I distinctly remember coordinating mountain zones with Kaiya et al. (And then they had to nerf the blueberry growth rate, and we all felt kind of sheepish.)
  • I think (I hope) Tahquil will be remembered for being... cold?

Myself probably for causing havoc in player pics and being clueless.

Oh... and taking forever to get dragon.
  • edited September 2012
    Blueberries used to grow in two rooms and that was nice. Then they suddenly appeared in every mountain room, and never, ever grew, which was dumb.