Alchemist: How to properly use the "ether seek" ability.

Hello my fellow alchemists! I am new to Achaea and new to muds entirely, but I've found the alchemist to be fascinating enough to pull me in- creating your own magic robes, mastering symbology, and especially folding the ether to find out where someone is. Being able to tell where someone is...is.. just so cool. Unfortunately, I've yet to find a practical application for the ether seek ability as even if I know the "room that they are in" such as Beneath a large oak branch or Facing the Submerged tunnel, I entirely lack the means of finding these locations and a simple walk to command wont work of course. As far as I know the only "room names" which I can walk too are those of landmarks such as the Entranceway to the Great Library of Ram (entered as walk to RAM). Am I doing this wrong, is there are better way? Thank you, may your flame burn ever brighter.

Best Answers

Answers

• Oh.. that's unfortunate- I've tried mudlet for just a moment and truth be told I find it rather barren in comparison with the nexus client. And confusing. Again I am very new to the mud scene but I'm sure I'll adjust once I am more familiar with the game and how things work.
  • Polymos said:
    Oh.. that's unfortunate- I've tried mudlet for just a moment and truth be told I find it rather barren in comparison with the nexus client. And confusing. Again I am very new to the mud scene but I'm sure I'll adjust once I am more familiar with the game and how things work.
    Mudlet was the best client around until the Nexus (HTML5) client was released. Tecton & Co. did a lot of hard work getting it made and running smoothly and can do everything that Mudlet can. Mudlet has a larger player base who know of to work it though and there are going to be more scripts for Mudlet floating around because it's been around longer. Mudlet is pretty bare and doesn't most of the fancy features that Nexus has built in, so you either have to build it yourself or find a script that does and make it work for you
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • I mean, I feel like people forget people used room location names before fancy mappers were common at all. You just have to learn a bit of geography, and combine it with farsee to see what area is in sometimes.
  • Meanwhile monks still have balanceless sense :(

Ether seek is hardly a reason they chase so well, I believe 'chasing script' is moreso the term you're looking for. Just ask Seragorn :3

• :confounded: There's a chasing script? :o I need
  • Cynlael said:
    Meanwhile monks still have balanceless sense :(

Ether seek is hardly a reason they chase so well, I believe 'chasing script' is moreso the term you're looking for. Just ask Seragorn :3
    @Piera There is no chasing script. No such thing. No.