Quick Questions

Comments

• @Kayeil

http://pastebin.com/2mcDzZfF

Luckily, people posted it to the forums when it came out. ^.^

• RomRom
    edited April 2016
    Kayeil said:
    Also, he was wondering how the hunting is for sentinel. I know it used to be great, but hunting has changed so much and I don't know any sentinels off the top of my head.
    Sentinel hunting is good. Above average tankiness (chainmail, kite shield, barkskin, vitality) with above average DPS using THRUST in skirmishing. Not sure if the recent balancing changes were too rough or not on it, but should still be good.

Antonius said:
    GMCP Abilities
    Thanks, that's amazing, I had no clue that was available. I put in an IDEA to let you view all AB files while standing in Certimene's building but this is much better! Gonna use it so often.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Nakari -- wasn't  sure if it'd changed since classleads and other updates considering Skirmishing was created a while back,  but thanks.

@Rom -- appreciate it! Glad to hear. He just made the switch, and he'll be thrilled to know it sounds like much better than what he was doing. The PK abilities look pretty awesome, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Hypothetical situation: 
    1. I customize my dex boots. 
    2. I transfer my + dex artefact power to another artefact

3a. My boots stay with me, customized.
    3b. My boots disappear.

Which is true?
  • Pretty sure boots will disappear.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2016
    Boots are gone *

* unless boots also have another artefact power

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • The perfectionist inside me wants all my powers in one item. Gah this is difficult. 
  • Dairon said:
    The perfectionist inside me wants all my powers in one item. Gah this is difficult. 
    The ultimate cod piece
  • Or you could transfer the powers TO the customized boots

• If he's not transferred any powers that's definitely an option, though he's out of luck - or will just have to eat the credit loss on transferring some powers twice - if he's started transferring powers to another item before considering the issue with the boots.

I'd honestly suggest e-mailing artefacts@achaea.com and seeing if they can help you out with transferring the power without destroying the item. You may have to wait a while (longer because Tecton's away right now), and you may be told "tough luck" or quoted a price higher than you're willing to pay, but you might get lucky.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Aren't raiders not supposed to attack people not grouped with defence and are not attacking? I remember we got told this way back maybe a year or more ago when we raided Hashan. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sherazad said:
    Aren't raiders not supposed to attack people not grouped with defence and are not attacking? I remember we got told this way back maybe a year or more ago when we raided Hashan. 
    You'd try to avoid it but sometimes you take out people who didn't actually assist or take part. Normally if it happens most people caught in the crossfire would be happy with an apology I think. Not like death costs you much anymore anyway.
  • In Hashan's raid on Targossas recently I think we basically considered Hashan enemies who were Targossian soldiers free game and ignored everyone else until they got involved.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Minifie said:
    Sherazad said:
    You'd try to avoid it but sometimes you take out people who didn't actually assist or take part. Normally if it happens most people caught in the crossfire would be happy with an apology I think. Not like death costs you much anymore anyway.
    In this case, it cost us a sanction, which was two tanks... so I disagree. If the death of a novice or two had been avoided, it might have mitigated the situation.

To the actual question, back when I was in Cyrene and Hasar/Xer/co used to like to come in, they would actually brazier novices to them and kill them, and they got told to knock that shit off. But that was a few years ago, so I'm not entirely sure where the current rules stand.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yeah, Hasar used to hoist and devour Cyrenian novices too, to get a sanction while Xer egged him on over Warriors back when I was Cyrenian and defended Eleusis from roflstomp Mhaldorian raids. 

Instead of the two of them, you know, asking me for a duel to settle that issue with me. Still 8-1 with @Xer and 2-0 with @Hasar, come back, guys.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Or a better idea: don't kill uninvolved people, just because you're salty and want a sanction. That seems like a rather easy solution.

• Nobody owes you a duel. Nobody ever owes anybody a duel.

on that note, I have had to plead to raiders not to pull in non-soldiers and novices, and to try to be incredibly aware not to do that because it is pretty cruddy. It still happens sometimes, people get itchy trigger fingers. It's not the end of the world on either side but it's definitely not positive or encouraging raiding.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Saeva said:
    Nobody owes you a duel. Nobody ever owes anybody a duel.

on that note, I have had to plead to raiders not to pull in non-soldiers and novices, and to try to be incredibly aware not to do that because it is pretty cruddy. It still happens sometimes, people get itchy trigger fingers. It's not the end of the world on either side but it's definitely not positive or encouraging raiding.
    Raiders pulling non-soldiers into raids sucks.

Alt-me accidentally blowing up a Mhaldorian raider and getting a kill as an eleusian back when I was a n00b because I wanted to test holocaust and did it within city limits? Priceless.
    Huh. Neat.
  • The tale of Laniara was so quickly forgotten.
  • edited April 2016
    Tahquil said:
    The tale of Laniara was so quickly forgotten.
    Portal target = uninvolved?
  • Potential portal target ... Potential defender
  • Tahquil said:
    Potential portal target ... Potential defender
    Not a comparable situation. Mhaldor had confirmation via mind sapience that Laniara was intentionally standing there to be a portal target so the raiders could leave quickly.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Omg guys can't you quit derailing the thread and get back to quick questions.  ;)
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
  • Aesi said:
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    African or European swallow?
  • Minifie said:
    Aesi said:
    What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    African or European swallow?
    African, clearly. This will be the basis of my coconut transport empire.
  • when I was Cyrenian and defended Eleusis
    I'm really glad we have, as a community, mostly moved past this bullshit
  • Does anyone know the (rough) change in hunting DPS from losing the human crit bonus but gaining one int to 17 int? With lvl2 crit artefact, at around lvl90.

While I'm asking: thoughts on the impact of critical sips? I've never noticed it much myself
  • Ysela said:
    Does anyone know the (rough) change in hunting DPS from losing the human crit bonus but gaining one int to 17 int? With lvl2 crit artefact, at around lvl90.

While I'm asking: thoughts on the impact of critical sips? I've never noticed it much myself
    At level 90 with a level 2 pendant, assuming the human crit bonus is 1% (I'm not sure if that's correct or not), losing it will reduce your dps by about 3%. If it's .5%, it would be a 1.5% reduction. The effect of int will depend on your class. Assuming that your attack is actually affected by int, going from 16 to 17 should be very roughly about 4% before counting diminishing returns, which will reduce it somewhat. That estimate of the effect of the int change is based on an old formula that may not be accurate anymore, though. Also, keep in mind that the benefit from the crit bonus will increase as your base crit rate goes up (until it caps at level 99). At 99, it'll be a 2-4% decrease (again, depending on the actual number for the human bonus).

Not sure what you mean by "critical sips". 
  • Eld said:
    Ysela said:
    Does anyone know the (rough) change in hunting DPS from losing the human crit bonus but gaining one int to 17 int? With lvl2 crit artefact, at around lvl90.

At level 90 with a level 2 pendant, assuming the human crit bonus is 1% (I'm not sure if that's correct or not), losing it will reduce your dps by about 3%. If it's .5%, it would be a 1.5% reduction. The effect of int will depend on your class. Assuming that your attack is actually affected by int, going from 16 to 17 should be very roughly about 4% before counting diminishing returns, which will reduce it somewhat. That estimate of the effect of the int change is based on an old formula that may not be accurate anymore, though. Also, keep in mind that the benefit from the crit bonus will increase as your base crit rate goes up (until it caps at level 99). At 99, it'll be a 2-4% decrease (again, depending on the actual number for the human bonus).

Not sure what you mean by "critical sips". 
    Sounds to me like asking about the effectiveness of lucky. Which I believe is equivalent to a level of the crit artefact