Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

1214215217219220396

Comments

  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I never found dragonflex helpful. The balance is long so you generally just end up webbed again before you can actually do anything, and writhing out of webbed/roped from denizens is generally faster anyway.
    Utianima
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,395 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is there any way to disable the System message you get when you add something to your queue?
    For example, [System]: Added UNDERHAND TARGET PREFARAR to your eqbal queue.

    At first I thought CONFIG SHOWQUEUEALERTS <ON|OFF> would solve it, but no such luck.

    And you won't understand the cause of your grief...


    ...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Odd that's not covered under that config. Might be worth filing a BUG about it. If that doesn't currently do it I think the only way would be to gag it client-side using a trigger.
  • TaelTael Member Posts: 1,197 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2016
    Shirszae said:
    Is there any way to disable the System message you get when you add something to your queue?
    For example, [System]: Added UNDERHAND TARGET PREFARAR to your eqbal queue.

    At first I thought CONFIG SHOWQUEUEALERTS <ON|OFF> would solve it, but no such luck.
    I think that's intentional. Without it, you would add something to the queue and just get no feedback from the game at all, and that's something the game pretty universally avoids even giving you a configuration to allow it to do.

    You should just gag it with a trigger.

    A totally unreadable regex pattern to gag all the adding/prepending/replacing lines looks like this:

    ^\[System\]: (?:(?:Added|Prepended) .+ to your|replaced command #\d in the) (?:balance|equilibrium|eqbal|class specific) queue(?: with .+)?\.$

    Then just set that to gag the line. I think both Nexus and Mudlet have non-script ways to set a trigger to gag a line.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dragonflex is horrible for hunting. Used to die because of it all the time. Had a chat with Seragorn about it, apparently it's still way better to writhe. So I turned off dragonflex and went back to using writhe...  haven't had an issue since.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • AntidasAntidas Member Posts: 1,504 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kayeil said:
    Dragonflex is horrible for hunting. Used to die because of it all the time. Had a chat with Seragorn about it, apparently it's still way better to writhe. So I turned off dragonflex and went back to using writhe...  haven't had an issue since.
    Agree, I definitely never dragonflex while hunting. The reason for this is that while dragonflex will remove the entanglement immediately, you are then off balance and something can re-web you during that time. Result being you can be permanently webbed or off balance if you get something that webs a lot. However, if you just writhe, you are guaranteed to be able to hit at least once (assuming you queue the command or your reflexes are fast enough) before you get re-webbed. Even if the mob webs you again while you writhe, it doesn't affect when you get free.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antidas said:
    Kayeil said:
    Dragonflex is horrible for hunting. Used to die because of it all the time. Had a chat with Seragorn about it, apparently it's still way better to writhe. So I turned off dragonflex and went back to using writhe...  haven't had an issue since.
    Agree, I definitely never dragonflex while hunting. The reason for this is that while dragonflex will remove the entanglement immediately, you are then off balance and something can re-web you during that time. Result being you can be permanently webbed or off balance if you get something that webs a lot. However, if you just writhe, you are guaranteed to be able to hit at least once (assuming you queue the command or your reflexes are fast enough) before you get re-webbed. Even if the mob webs you again while you writhe, it doesn't affect when you get free.
    Also easier to run if you use writhe. I remember in Tir Murann sometimes one of those denizens would keep looping the same attack and I couldn't get out because of dragonflex. Probably would suck with the Sidhe Ladies in Annwyn, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I dragonflex, against sidhe ladies. 100% blaming the fact the I'm not 110 on this.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Anedhel said:
    You should also hunt UW scorpions with incantation, since you can do it with broken arms.
    You should hunt UW scorpions with gut, prioritising broken arms over broken legs unless prone (only an issue if you get unlucky with Loki or there's also a Death Knight in the room) or you want to move out of the room (and even then tumbling is a better choice, usually). I always found it considerably faster than using Incantation, though that was before both of the Incantation equilibrium reductions.
    Oh, I've got a diadem, with the eq reductions, it's not super terribad. I suppose I could use gut, still, though! (I usually bash in Paladin, so I haven't had to think about it much. Paladin's so good.)
  • QwynQwyn Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Is there a list or help file somewhere with what all you can win from the wheel?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2016
    Current wheel prizes are as follows

    Spinning the Wheel of Fortune will reward one of many great prizes, such as:
    * A Veil of the Sphinx
    * Stat-altering artefacts (Hunter's belt, Pixie's boots, Ogre's Gauntlets, Epicurean Sash)
    * One of two new crated minipets (A fledgling rheodine woodpecker or A pudgy beaver kit)
    * Another spin of the wheel
    * Credits and Talisman pieces from any previous set
    * A book of 10 tickets for our end of month lottery (** See below **)
    * Artefact Upgrade Credits
    * 30 - 40 Credits
    * 250 Lessons
    * Customisation figurines
    * A couple more surprise prizes

    Non-token prizes:
    * Crit bonuses
    * XP bonuses
    * XP rewards
    * Lessons
    * A prismatic token to spin the wheel for the above prizes
    * A ticket in our end of month lottery (** See below **)
    -OR-
    * 5 minutes as a member of the esteemed toad race
    * 5 minutes as a squelchy maggot
    * A batch of random afflictions


    Every so often, the wheel will additionally gift the spinner an additional prize alongside what they spin up. This can be either a lottery ticket, or 500 credits!


    Lottery:
    As the Wheel of Fortune has been extended, we'll be holding another raffle at the end of the promotion, with the winner getting the choice of:
     - The non-winning prize from the first raffle. (fully equipped Seastrider)
        -OR-
     - The winners choice of a discontinued Shop of Wonders item.

    Huh. Neat.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 3,182 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Are figurines tradeable? 
    Can I design something and gift it to someone else?
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can design something for someone, and use the gift to consume it. But the other person can choose not to accept it if they want, which still uses your figurine in the process. So be careful!

  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,360 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    How do I preserve a design forever?

    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 2016
    How do I preserve a design forever?
    Buy a crafter's folder from the Shop of Wonders. Then NDS PRESERVE #

    Or pay 15k and gift it to a clan/org.

    Exelethril
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,360 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I forgot to check while logged in, is there something currently in place where you can do something along the lines of "WIELD RAPIER LEFT" / "WIELD SHIELD RIGHT"? For kai cripple reasons.

    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • DortheronDortheron Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I forgot to check while logged in, is there something currently in place where you can do something along the lines of "WIELD RAPIER LEFT" / "WIELD SHIELD RIGHT"? For kai cripple reasons.
    Yes, it's WIELD [LEFT|RIGHT] <item>. Found in HHELP WIELDING
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
    ExelethrilLucianus
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    WIELD RAPIER SHIELD works, too.

    Exelethril
  • GreysGreys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    The spinning wheel promotion is running until the end of the month, right?
  • TolanTolan Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Greys said:
    The spinning wheel promotion is running until the end of the month, right?
    As of right now, it goes to the end of the month, yes.
  • LucianusLucianus Member Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    A question for any gem of transmutation owners. Is there a syntax to change race specialisation without changing race?

    I've often wondered that whenever I need to change a racial specialisation while desiring to stay within the same race instead of switching to a different race and then switching back to it again.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 3,182 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lucianus said:
    A question for any gem of transmutation owners. Is there a syntax to change race specialisation without changing race?

    I've often wondered that whenever I need to change a racial specialisation while desiring to stay within the same race instead of switching to a different race and then switching back to it again.
    REINCARNATE INTO (race you currently are)
    LucianusUtianima
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anyone got a list of the AB files for Skirmishing for Sentinels? Got a friend who isn't quite enjoying the class they picked, but missed when some of the classes lost their tradeskills so they hadn't really seen any of this stuff yet.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Also, he was wondering how the hunting is for sentinel. I know it used to be great, but hunting has changed so much and I don't know any sentinels off the top of my head.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • QwynQwyn Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Qwyn said:
    Unless there's clickables I'm not seeing, that's not the in-depth AB files I'm looking for. I already saw that.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • TolanTolan Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Antonius That's pretty badass. I really like that.

    Do you know if there's a way to use that script to get all of ab weaponmastery, since they're separated into spec categories?
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,028 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pretty sure it returns the list for your current Weaponmastery spec, but they're all listed in HELP WEAPONMASTERY and you can get the individual AB files for the other specialisation abilities (where there isn't overlap in the name - I think Concuss is an ability for both dual cutting and one other spec).
Sign In to Comment.