Cities and houses

edited April 2016 in General Questions
If anyone has time, I'd love to hear how both members and outsiders view each city/house. Currently homeless and debating where to go. In particular, I'm interested in:

- Inspiration for RP - ie what cool thematic elements does each org have to play with creatively
- RP activity - which orgs tend to provide the most rp-engaging experience? Any example events?
- Combat - Which cities are on top? Who are the underdogs?
- Involvement - which cities are good/easy for a young citizen to get involved?

General strengths and weaknesses are also great to hear! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Obligatory "Mhaldor" answer for everything even if it doesn't make sense. (Would give more details, but you already decided to hug a tree!)
  • I think no one really answered this because that's all stuff better discussed in character.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I only didn't answer because I didn't see the thread until like 2 days later, tbh
  • In fairness, easier to answer OOC where you're not obliged to present anything in a certain light. What Xaden would tell Qwyn about Targ and the DB in all likelihood would be very different to what I might tell her here. Doesn't matter now though, bog-devil.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Basically and really the best option is to go where really that interests you the most. Same in terms of classes, as it was mentioned previously, my character Ailea will tell you differently in terms of Cyrene as an in character answer rather than an out of character answer. The trick is really going to a city and surrounding yourself with those that actually are into the same things that you are, such as combat, ritualism, theology, etc. Even similar roleplaying styles. I think that each city really has something to offer all together and not necessarily static. So feel free to research them, look over and pick something that really genuinely interests you, so really you enjoy yourself. Since really this is a game environment and the purpose is entertainment. 

• Way back when I created Greys, part of it was investigating the various orgs which was when he formed his first real connections. I think you will get a far more useful bit of information by seeing who responds and what they say to someone who is perhaps only casually interested.
  • Sobriquet said:
    Omor said:
    I think no one really answered this because that's all stuff better discussed in character.
    Ah, the old bullshit "Keep it IC" answer. Nothing wrong with discussing this on the forums.
    I never said it was wrong, but thank you kindly for your opinion. :)
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • that would be nice to know. When you start the game, much of the choices are just sorta random and best guesses. CIJ sounded great until I joined and then it was empty all the time. Cyrene had a ton of people chatting it up on city channel, while next to no one did that in Mhaldor. This kind of stuff would be nice to know from the beginning.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    My one (minor) gripe is that in Cyrene issues are mentioned on a near-daily basis over city/house channels :(
    Huh. Neat.