New classleads!

Discuss the new classleads (please).

I just realized that I can no longer bite through denizen shields with camus. I can feel the Serpent nerf incoming.

My reply:

Comments

• Deathaura has been changed so that it doesn't stack anymore.  If two necromancers' deathauras would both hit a target, only one will actually do so now.  My question is about which one actually takes presedence.  Is it the higher of the two damages?  The lower of the two?  Whoever was in the room with the target first? Whoever is in the room with the target last? The winner of two out of three rock-paper-scissors games? 
  • Bards are no longer affected by Canticle, which means with a SP and nimble, my speed averages about 1.7s. This is a good thing, as my speed is not ridiculously fast, yet I still have no problem locking/killing people with intelligent afflicting. But, it DOES still affect my allies, so be prepared for me rolling with @Dochitha whenever there is a combat Tourney for pairs. 

Hallelujah was wonderfully fixed. Ticks about 15s now, just like every other passive. Yay for it not being stupidly OP now. 

Lastly, Songbird lost Isorhythm. This is a huge win. No more claustrophobia causing my target to run out of harmonics because of my damn bird. Not that it is still any easier to keep my target in the room, but that is what martellato and lunge is for. 

Overall, good things that needed to be toned down and a win for Bards. 
  • edited April 2016
    To bad duo bard isn't unbalance enough for pairs.

Bard is already hard to manage, I think accentato needs some buff to make it viable again. Im saying unartied. 

Halle change is fine.

I hope we can get voice giving asthma. 
  • Bronislav said:

I just realized that I can no longer bite through denizen shields with camus. I can feel the Serpent nerf incoming.

Sounds like an oversight to me..
  • Biting through shield was working earlier this week, and there weren't any announced changes that I recall seeing, so not sure what's going on there. Might be worth filing a BUG if it's not working for you.
  • Bard doesn't need damage so idk why you'd buff accentato unless unartied bard is doing like less than sip.
  • Kiet said:
    Bard doesn't need damage so idk why you'd buff accentato unless unartied bard is doing like less than sip.
    I am fine artied.

For unartied, there's been quite some noticeable hit on them, losing canticle affects unartied bard a lot. As well as unartied hunting, but that's another issue altogether. Paranoia (ash cures) becomes focusable reduces accentato's potency as well, not to mention past classleads reduced accentato's potency in scaling with affs, which I think can be looked at after this round of losing canticle and paranoia made focusable.

• Dochitha said:
    To bad duo bard isn't unbalance enough for pairs.

Bard is already hard to manage, I think accentato needs some buff to make it viable again. Im saying unartied. 

Halle change is fine.

I hope we can get voice giving asthma. 
    Bard and apostate would be brutal, really hard to stop the momentum of both classes (choice between shield/rebounding -> cantata and curseward + stun).

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Dochitha said:
    Kiet said:
    Bard doesn't need damage so idk why you'd buff accentato unless unartied bard is doing like less than sip.
    I am fine artied.

For unartied, there's been quite some noticeable hit on them, losing canticle affects unartied bard a lot. As well as unartied hunting, but that's another issue altogether. Paranoia (ash cures) becomes focusable reduces accentato's potency as well, not to mention past classleads reduced accentato's potency in scaling with affs, which I think can be looked at after this round of losing canticle and paranoia made focusable.

Bashing damage is unrelated to pvp damage, and bard probably has decentish damage now even if not canticle levels.

Bard could do 200 damage a jab and they'd still be super fine, though, it's a class with everything it needs to mess an opponent up into a lock. Damage is only necessary to punish some bad prios, and there's no need for damage to be a 'main' strategy at all.
  • I actually think accentato is unique to Bard, should buff accentato and nerf Bard's lock. Don't need another serposbard..
  • edited April 2016
    I  counter with: damage is boring. Accentato ALREADY makes bard pretty unique, but to make use of it it doesn't need to be doing absurd damage.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    But just as valid as anything else.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Right, and it's valid for bard without buffing it. Buffing it only leads to people using it as their only strategy which makes one of the most interesting classes in the game completely one-dimensional while also making it boring to fight.
  • Max damage I do to players with my bard is 900 damage every 1.7 seconds (on Paladins and Priests). Damage is good enough.

And INT/Arties influencing Accentato is very questionable. During testing, I swapped from 18 str/15int to 18 int/15str and the average damage per jab decreased to 875 (with level 3 collar).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Sounds like your methodology is incredibly flawed, or you mean something unintuitive by "Int/Arties influencing Accentato is questionable."
  • How is bard not unique? It's a lock class with limb breaks and neat prone strategies. Nothing like serpent or apostate.

Unartied bard could need a speed boost after canticle loss. Hard to say. Haven't tried it.

Accentato is the blandest thing ever.
  • Antonius said:
    Sounds like your methodology is incredibly flawed, or you mean something unintuitive by "Int/Arties influencing Accentato is questionable."
    Latter. Always thought pumping intelligence and buying magic damage increasing arties would increase the damage of jab + accentato, but I never really saw anything significant. :/
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • All you proved was that strength is worth more damage (with zero affs, presumably) than int + collar. That's not the same thing as int and collar not having an effect, which is what your post seemed to be saying.
  • Antonius said:
    All you proved was that strength is worth more damage (with zero affs, presumably) than int + collar. That's not the same thing as int and collar not having an effect, which is what your post seemed to be saying.
    Yeah. That's the limitation of my current findings. Hence questionable until the formula behind how accentata is approximated. The real question next is how much is damage scaled with affs and do int and magic arties have a factor or not.
  • edited April 2016
    Damage and base accentato scale of str and gives you better DPS cos you jab frequently. Int scales better after >2 accentato affs. Oddly, my last testing, collar didn't affect damage. I bugged it, got deleted, not sure it's been fixed, haven't tested since then. 
  • Dochitha said:
    Damage and base accentato scale of str and gives you better DPS cos you jab frequently. Int scales better after >2 accentato affs. Oddly, my last testing, collar didn't affect damage. I bugged it, got deleted, not sure it's been fixed, haven't tested since then. 
    yeah, that's what I've noticed. There was another skill that didn't go up no matter how much int I put on or even from upgrading the collar, which was the song that did periodic magic damage to enemies for 243.
  • Antonius said:
    Biting through shield was working earlier this week, and there weren't any announced changes that I recall seeing, so not sure what's going on there. Might be worth filing a BUG if it's not working for you.
    Not working for me, either. :(