PvE Adjustments

Comments

• There's literally a free bashing script made compatible for SVO and Wundersys made by @Keneanung : http://achaeabashingscript.github.io/Bashing/

You'll also find a guide on how to incorporate it into your own system as well.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • edited April 2016
    Lucianus said:
    There's literally a free bashing script made compatible for SVO and Wundersys made by @Keneanung : http://achaeabashingscript.github.io/Bashing/

You'll also find a guide on how to incorporate it into your own system as well.

You left out the guide of how you left clicked the link, found the download link, took a sip of a beverage while it downloaded in 5 seconds, then installed it, turned it on, and hit f2.
  • Restart mudlet twice as well!
  • edited April 2016
    The battlerage change is supposed to encourage party hunting than solo. But people still likes to do it solo.

Unartied, if you party things are alright, since xp and gold are more now to compensate for the number of people in the party. But if you solo it's gonna be rough.

Artied, it doesn't make a difference. Artied out high end bashing can still solo zap through places like nobody's business.

Apart from balancing it so unartied doesn't get punished that bad, we could also look at increasing party bonus xp and gold which further encourages party hunt and mitigates the rough ride. Sure we can kill places quicker in party, but the respawn rate remains the same, we can't do extended party hunting, but we can do 10-hour solo hunt, giving solo the best ROI. Give party hunt better bonuses, dragons may even bring people out on party.

EDIT: Buff unartied bashing, but don't fcking nerf artied bashing. We paid for it. That's all my confidence in the dollars invested in the game, don't disappoint real dollar folks.
  • Battlerage did bring unartied bashing closer to artied, since artefacts apply to a smaller portion of your damage now due to battlerage damage not being affected by any artefacts.
  • @Tecton : You'll be looking at sea monster zone bugs as well during this huge trip, right?
  • Interesting reading about everyone's self coded hunting scripts. Now if all y'all can add in a gmcp check for adventurers not in your huntin' party before attacking that'd be great. Cheers, thanks, kisses.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'm not quite at Penwizian level, either experience or arti-wise, but I'm in a similar situation to him, I actually find things taking longer to kill better. Yeah, Klendathu dies quite a lot to stupid stuff, but that's user error / hubris / lag in most cases.

I can see why, for people with lower health pools, less artefacts, etc, it would be frustrating, but if you could gain 5% xp and 5000 gold before by mowing through 10 mobs, you should get 5% xp and 5000 gold killing x mobs in the same time, it's just less mobs for the same time and reward.

Efficient bashing requires more than just "dor kill". Keneanung's script has some basic rage usage built in, but I still prefer to manual that part as sometimes I want to store the rage for an upcoming tough mob.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Daeir said:
    Fiddled with shaman bashing a bit and come to the following conclusions:

For most people who are nimble, swiftcurse is still the fastest method. For extended bashing, it requires Aelkesh attunement to not absolutely destroy your willpower and there is a net DPS gain in having Aelkesh up in general for swiftcursing since it gives a nominal chance not to consume a charge, which means your downtime window becomes a lot smaller.

Slowcurse+jinx (aka: 1 standard curse then jinx double bleed immediately after) is slightly slower than standard swiftcursing but has negligible willpower drain in comparison. Rage generation is also nominally slower as jinx does not seem to account for the rage that the additional curse would have generated otherwise. It is useful for reducing the squish when fighting tough things though as you can substitute your attunements for Marak+Ri'shen (con/l1 regen) or Marak+Garon (con+10% phys reduction) as Aelkesh is largely irrelevant to slowcurse+jinx.

I haven't tested Arius much but it still hits like a truck, ignores shield entirely and is very slow in comparison to the other methods. It does however, require eq spec and a diadem to be truly fearsome, and is subject to colossal amounts of overkill via wasted crits.

In general, stuff feels a little bit better than before. I feel like my average curse damage in general has gone from 1.8%~ to about 2.5%, which is me completely eyeballing the change, but it does feel a lot better. Can't really say if Arius changed much, but I think it has just a tiny bit, which is alright given that it was on the higher end of things as a warp/decay clone anyway.

This is how it felt to me as well. Arius is still king, swiftcurse is workable, and jinx was oh god why am I doing this to myself. That said, it's still only shaman hunting.
  • Wait.  Other classes get choices in what they use to kill mobs?  I feel like I'm stuck permanently in Scorpion stance with "SIDEKICK UPPERCUT UPPERCUT" macro'd.. with the occasional "RHK UCP UCP" if they shield.  :(
  • If you consider the option to use an inferior ability a true choice, then sure, plenty of classes get choices. Monk probably has choices too using that definition, since you don't have to use Scorpion stance.
  • Blademaster can use shin burst, right? :D

(Don't hurt me, I'm sorry.)
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Mindshell said:
    Daeir said:
    Fiddled with shaman bashing a bit and come to the following conclusions:

For most people who are nimble, swiftcurse is still the fastest method. For extended bashing, it requires Aelkesh attunement to not absolutely destroy your willpower and there is a net DPS gain in having Aelkesh up in general for swiftcursing since it gives a nominal chance not to consume a charge, which means your downtime window becomes a lot smaller.

Slowcurse+jinx (aka: 1 standard curse then jinx double bleed immediately after) is slightly slower than standard swiftcursing but has negligible willpower drain in comparison. Rage generation is also nominally slower as jinx does not seem to account for the rage that the additional curse would have generated otherwise. It is useful for reducing the squish when fighting tough things though as you can substitute your attunements for Marak+Ri'shen (con/l1 regen) or Marak+Garon (con+10% phys reduction) as Aelkesh is largely irrelevant to slowcurse+jinx.

I haven't tested Arius much but it still hits like a truck, ignores shield entirely and is very slow in comparison to the other methods. It does however, require eq spec and a diadem to be truly fearsome, and is subject to colossal amounts of overkill via wasted crits.

In general, stuff feels a little bit better than before. I feel like my average curse damage in general has gone from 1.8%~ to about 2.5%, which is me completely eyeballing the change, but it does feel a lot better. Can't really say if Arius changed much, but I think it has just a tiny bit, which is alright given that it was on the higher end of things as a warp/decay clone anyway.

This is how it felt to me as well. Arius is still king, swiftcurse is workable, and jinx was oh god why am I doing this to myself. That said, it's still only shaman hunting.
    I hunted with a shaman today, and with Jinx, she was outpacing me as a 2H Knight, which was impressive. I'm not sure what the standard for what's "good" is anymore, but Jinx Shaman looks about as good as or better than Dragon in terms of damage, plus the assortment of attunements to help with tanking. "Only" Shaman hunting seems pretty good.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Heavily arti'd shaman.
    :fearful:
  • All my hunting is manual. Targeting, moving, battlerage. I don't even use a dor

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I definitely notice comparable damage to dragon with curse/jinx.. But I also notice the difference in ability to tank keepers/vertani too :P
  • Anedhel said:
    Blademaster can use shin burst, right? :D

(Don't hurt me, I'm sorry.)
    It's a 3.4s equlibrium balance to use shin burst on denizens. They do just as much damage as a drawslash in arash stance.

Quick-minded + Aldar Diadem is about 2.9ish equilibrium. But it's not worth resetting your traits for quick mind and racial specs to an int spec just to hunt at the same rate as a squishier version of a 2-handed Runewarden.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I approach all problems with a very different mindset and we teach the same in Ashtan. Hence the non existent Ashtani presence in this thread.

The way I see it: my brain is off until the gold drops. A sidhe run used to give 8k gold. Now it gives 24k. I don't have to chance two other potentially bashed out hunting grounds. Any hunting ground you can't defend is not worth bashing.

The big disparity lies in low level bashing. It's crits that made me not feel any of these changes. Fortunately, 200cr gets you lv1 pendant - any reasonable player's first purchase.

Obviously we can't balance around unreasonable self imposed bashing restrictions. Or. Hm. Yes we can. Questing with restrictions on 'Feelings villages'. New project idea!
  • edited April 2016
    Re: differences in peoples' shaman bashing results...   I noticed that i do ~35% less damage with CURSE X BLEED and JINX BLEED BLEED X when the swiftcurse defence is active compared to when it's down.   I have submitted a bug about it and suspect that the bashing calculations haven't been fixed since the new SWIFTCURSE syntax was added.   

If you're checking curse v.s. jinx v.s. swiftcurse damage, make sure you don't have the def active for the first two.
  • The following comments are in no way intended to get involved with how classes are currently balanced, only with how people are measuring the speed of bashing.

Don't base it off of "I do 2% or 7% per attack", please. This doesn't account for how you've specced your stats, or how fast your attacks are, and it is a very rough estimate of your damage. That 2% could be 2.1% or it could be 2.9%.

If you're going to use % damage, that's fine, but please average it out over the whole life of a mob (or several if you crit), and include the speed or your attacks and how you've specced and your arties!

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    You have to look at damage per second too! Sure, someone might to 4% per hit, but they're attacking once every 4.5 seconds, so while you're only doing 2% per hit, if you're doing it in 2 seconds - everything balances out!
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Tecton said:
    You have to look at damage per second too! Sure, someone might to 4% per hit, but they're attacking once every 4.5 seconds, so while you're only doing 2% per hit, if you're doing it in 2 seconds - everything balances out!
    as long as i'm the best at everything... then that is all that matters.

• edited April 2016
    For anyone that wants to know what the numbers are for an Atavian Exemplar Priest lvl 79 with 3697 hp unartied with 15 str.

Ferocious Manticore = 48 seconds from start to kill, 18 moves – 4 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 4%, avg battle rage attack 5%, avg damage received 449h, hit 12 times, chance of crit 3 out of 18 moves

Vicious Gnoll Soldier = 39 seconds, 13 moves – 2 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 7%, avg battle rage attack 5% dmg, avg crit attack 8%, avg damage received 325hp, hit 13 times, chance of crit 3 out of 13 moves

Squat Scrag = 41 seconds, 14 moves – 3 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 5%, avg battle rage attack 5% dmg, avg crit attack 8%, avg damage received 340 hp, hit 12 times, chance of crit 5 out of 14 moves

Red Scorpion = 68 seconds, 19 moves – 5 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 5%, avg battle rage attack 4%, avg crit attack 10%, avg damage received 598 hp, hit 16 times, chance of crit 4 out of 19 moves, afflicted 3 times, scorpion healed itself 3 times for 21% each time

• Sobriquet said:
    All my hunting is manual. Targeting, moving, battlerage. I don't even use a dor
    You'd make your father proud. :)
  • edited April 2016

Numbers difference between an assumed level 80 mob versus level 38.

Disclaimer: Using Svo custom prompt to measure, it could be wrong.

Goblin Guard = 37 seconds, 12 moves – 3 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 6%, avg battle rage attack 5%, avg damage received 221h, hit 7 times by denizen, chance of crit 4 out of 12 moves

Grizzly Bear = 78 Seconds, 24 moves – 5 of those battle rages, average non-crit attack 3%, avg battle rage attack 2%, avg damage received 766 hp, hit 21 times by denizen, chance of crit 1 out of 24 moves, had to flee 2 times

• What is going on
  • Did a short-ish test between Dragon/Shaman, only killing Mhun Knights (one of the tankier mobs in Achaea)

Curse Bleed was doing ~1.5% at around 1.4s with queueing.
    Jinx Bleed Bleed was doing ~3% at around 1.85s with queueing. 
     -12/base intelligence.
    --Was taking around 850-900 per hit, with Garon attuned.

Dragon gut was doing somewhere around 3%, at ~3s (think that's gut balance, going off memory)
     -18/base strength
    --Difference here, is that I'm only taking ~400 damage per hit..

Keepers were roughly the same, but only killed 2-3 of those. Damage is about double what the knights were though.