PvE Adjustments

Comments

• You're just mad holocaust doesn't work on minions.
  • I wonder how many of these complaints are from people not using the skills available to them effectively or understanding the reasons behind the balancing. 
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tahquil said:
    I wonder how many of these complaints are from people not using the skills available to them effectively or understanding the reasons behind the balancing. 
    Perhaps some of them, but a much larger problem is the artefact disparity, and not just who has them, but by how much they benefit their owners. Unless someone wants to tell me that full artes (taking into account lvl 3 weapon differences) increases each class' dps by the exact same amount, there is going to be a range of differences depending on what they're balanced around.

If the team is balancing around unartied bashing being in line (which they're not), then some classes would come out way ahead/way behind when fully artied.

It seems like they're more balancing around higher levels of arties, if not full arties, which means those discrepancies end up showing on the lower artied or unartied end.

Even if they perfectly bring bashing in line, it will only work if everyone has the number of artefacts they use to approximate their baseline for each class or if they fully rework artefact weapons so that everyone gets the same percentage dps benefits from their artefacts.

Numerical speculation aside, some classes (serpent) are literal AIDS bashing without artefacts. Artied serpent may be squishy glass cannon, but try unartied serpent, with even LESS defence and damage output that an orc would scoff at.

Ranting aside, I think someone's always going to be unhappy with the state of bashing, regardless of the changes, and I think these changes are a step in the right direction, but the real solution is to let @Aegoth drop 40 holocausts and blow up Ugrach with them.
    Huh. Neat.
  • "This mob takes too long and that bores me" is a subjective opinion and not everyone agrees. The change to bashing has definitely made bashing overall faster for the vast majority of people (maybe not for the monks out there) in terms of xp and gold per hour, which is what matters.

Complaining about the changes to bashing beyond "meh just personal taste" reasons is pretty weird to me.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Frederich said:
    I can't actually hunt things that are supposedly my level...Dun Fortress is a death trap or tediously slow because I have to perform hit and run maneuvers to fight orcs/ogres there due to there being literally 2-stacked everywhere there is an orc usually.
    I would not try to characterize things by "level appropriate". First, bashing has always depended on class, some people can hunt some things at some levels that others really can't. When someone tells you what areas you're "supposed" to be bashing, take that with a grain of salt, it's based on their experience, not yours.

Second, and more importantly, I think folks are still catching up to the world post-battlerage. Dun Fortress used to be a "level 80+" hunting area, because the orcs did good damage, but had low health, so you could kill one quickly and not die yourself. Lower level people could handle that. But after Battlerage, when everything got buffed 3x, Dun Fortress really became a dragon-level area, because now you actually have to deal with their substantial damage. The rooms with 3-4 orcs can kill me in Dragon if I'm not paying attention. Vertani? Same way, guy. I only hunt them in Dragon, and I am a 2H Runewarden.

I know everyone wants to hunt those areas, but as it stands, you might alter your expectations of what you "should" be bashing. Taryen I would say are in your neighborhood, Azdun, vampire spiders, maybe the qurnok, Moghedu if you avoided the Keepers/Knights/Bodyguards, but yeah, Dun fort, Vertani, Morindar, Istarion, those places are a little out of your depth for a level 80(?) Monk, even if people used to handle them at that level, and anyone telling you that you those places are "level appropriate" is not really giving you good advice in the modern age.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Tecton said:
    Hey, gotta do something on the 30 hour trip back to Australia, right?

...on my fucking birthday and everything. Truly you are Shaitan, God of Suffering.
  • edited April 2016
    Kinilan said:
    Shaitan, God of Suffering.
    Shame on you

• Antidas said:
    Kinilan said:
    Shaitan, God of Suffering.
    Shame on you

Hey, nobody ever accused me of being a good Mhaldorian. I can tell you there are 7 Truths...one of them is about torture.
  • Wait wait, so with weapon adjustments, does this mean Knights are gonna do even less damage?!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Sounds like a lot of classes might be getting nerfed. If that's the case I guess I just won't be bashing again.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Xaden said:
    Wait wait, so with weapon adjustments, does this mean Knights are gonna do even less damage?!
    Thats freaking ridiculous. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Bashing is already grindy enough. Just bring everyone else up.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    ^ For Fuck's sake, please!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Y'all going to get shaman hunting nerfed as well at this rate :(
  • Shirszae said:
    Xaden said:
    Wait wait, so with weapon adjustments, does this mean Knights are gonna do even less damage?!
    Thats freaking ridiculous. 
    Please no. Runie is already weak now
  • This whole pve rework is turning into a nightmare.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• One of my main issues with this new system is rage fading too quickly. We should be encouraging interaction, and the fade time forces groups to forgo talking in favor of keeping rage levels. You can't stop for a breather without having to rebuild. It's a headache. 

I strongly oppose nerfing classes when all the weaker classes should be brought up in line with the stronger ones. A huge reason some don't like the new pve is because slower tends to generally be result in bashing being even more tedious than it was before. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• edited April 2016
    There are some legitimate problems, but good lord this thread is whiny.

And what's all this about the terrible ill effects of losing your battlerage if you stop to chat? You'll lose what, a few seconds while you ramp up to a nice pool of battlerage again? If you're using your battlerage effectively, you shouldn't have a massive stockpile of it while solo, and if you're in a group (so you actually end up with a stockpile), you'll get it back even faster. Maybe it's a problem if you stop to chat every room, but it just doesn't seem like that big an issue. It's certainly never stopped me from taking a breather between mobs and I've never felt unduly hampered by it either. Like so much of this thread, the complaints about this just seem ridiculously melodramatic.
  • ... Sheesh. OK then!  :)

Thanks!

• This Just makes me smile. Opinions are simply the way individual people feel about a certain event or change. It's good to listen to all feedback, even the stuff you don't agree with. But if all you can do is whine about someone else stating their opinion, it's rather sad.

Though to be fair, there have been some pretty horrendous oversights that player-headed outcry brought attention to pretty quickly. The most recent probably being the ship/prism change and then prompt revert.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited April 2016
    dor kill <blah> on svo does your attack for you so you can party chat while bashing .
    e.g.
    dor kill dog
    You bash a small dog.
    Deucalion bashes a small dog.
    A small dog yips and whines.
    You bash a small dog.
    (Party): You say, "Nice weather we're having."
    He has scored an OBLITERATING HIT!
    You bash a small dog.
    You shatter a small dog's skull with your battlerage move.
    He has scored a WORLD-SHATTERING CRITICAL HIT!
    A small dog bites your ankles.
    You bash a small dog.
    (Party): Deucalion says, "It isn't isn't it?"
    He has scored a ANNIHILATINGLY CRITICAL HIT!
    You bash a small dog.
    A small dog barks cutely, causing you to stop and listen.
    You are feeling far too passive to do that.
    (Party): Deucalion says, "You will raise a shrine to Me with the carcasses of these adorable animals."
    Deucalion incinerates a small dog with his battlerage move.
    The dog's paws fly into the air comically as it flops to the ground.
    Deucalion has slain a small dog.
    A few golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.
    You remove 1 bellwort flower, bringing the total in the Rift to 2424.
    You eat a bellwort flower.
    The unnatural feeling of peace leaves you.
    s
    Deucalion follows you to the south.
    A well-appointed cattery
    This small chamber is entirely made up of felines doing the hard work of lounging, eating, and sleeping atop narrow cat towers. The floor is covered in soiled carpet which probably used to be pink. A calico cat looks bored. A tabby cat stares regally about herself. A tuxedo cat grooms himself here. There are 12 kittens here. Santar is here.
    You see exits leading north, east, and south.

t cat
    You bash a calico cat.
    A tabby cat leaps to the defence of a calico cat.
    A tuxedo cat leaps to the defence of a calico cat.
    Deucalion bashes a tabby cat.
    He has scored an OBLITERATING CRITICAL HIT!
    Paws swinging wildly, a calico lashes out at you.
    (Party): You say, "Is this boring you."
    A tabby cat yowls before swiping at Deucalion's eyes.
    A calico cat bats at your ankles ineffectively.
    You bash a calico cat.
    (Party): Deucalion says, "Yes."
    Deucalion zaps a tabby cat with a fireball.
    A tabby cat screams in horror as its body is reduced to ash by the raging flames.
    Deucalion has slain a tabby cat.
    A tuxedo cat nips your fingers viciously.

Unless you're fighting several mobs at the same time it's not that hard. If you're having serious discussion you should probably leave that until after you're done bashing.

I have no idea if Nexus has a similar thing. Maybe you have to script it.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • edited April 2016
    I made my own for mudlet.

1 Alias to toggle hunting on, variable flag true/false
    1 Timer to fire on 1.5s intervals my battlerage function if variable is true
    1 Function to handle battlerage, via gmcp
    1 Trigger to re-queue my bashing attack on a successful attack
    1 Trigger to re-send bashing attack if stopped (paralysis cure, web cure, etc)
    1 Trigger to handle all of my battlerage true/false with the battlrage from the config command in game
    1 Trigger to send my bashing attack when I change target

It took some time, but isn't too difficult at all to do. To stop you just turn the hunt flag you set with the alias to false.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 1 script to track dragon variables
    2 variables - one for min. BR to use BR, one to track whether I use gut or incantation
    1 trigger that queues my attacks and battlerage (if it's over the limit I set) on successful attack or healing anything that would have stopped me from attacking on balance, and all of the battlerage messages
    1 alias that clears my queue when I change targets
    And a lot of panic 't none'ing and disabling my trigger by opening mudlet settings and disabling the folder instead of having an alias toggle like some smart people.

• edited April 2016
    Press F12 -> My bashing system is enabled.
      -> Check GMCP target list, if nothing in room to kill, then do nothing.
      -> If something to kill, then attack.
        -> After attack, look through rage and see if any reqs are met to use those abilities
              (I have a long script for that, don't ask ._.)
      -> In blackout, just attack when 'You have recovered balance.' line comes up.
      -> If attack/battlerage completes and mob isn't dead / there's another on in room, then queue a next attack.
           (get gold first, if any drops. This trigger also stops me grabbing others' gold, unless those people are in party)
      -> Back to step one. [[ Room Clear! ]] flashes on my screen, if there's nothing left.

Press F12 when I'm done bashing to disable all of it.
     e: All of this also fires off of prompt as a failsafe too, because I'm too lazy to add in paralysis/standing triggers to resend. Basically if I'm on bal, then it'll attack.

I spent too much time on mine ._.