Random Achaean thoughts

13»

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Yeah. Also most people want custom jewellery or just something very basic and cheap to put on enchantments on. Or those who want cutesy things like kitten earrings and the like.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Skye said:
    Cost is part of the problem. Jewellery based accessories in particular cost quite a lot more than tailoring accessories like ribbons. Also unlike Lusternia, there's also little to no incentive to dressing up. 
    What's the incentive in Lusternia?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited April 2016
    The power of your influence skills increases the higher the prestige of the clothing and jewelry you wear. The exception to this are the charity influence skills, which is more effective with tattered rags than fancy clothes (i.e., the lower the prestige of your clothing, the better you are at charity influence attacks).

From the Lusternia wiki. They have a non-lethal form of 'bashing' called 'Influence' where instead of just mindlessly killing everything in sight, you can also choose to talk denizens around. 

• That sounds terrible. Genociding denizen populations is much faster.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• You can influence them and then kill them. Or at least you could like 10 years ago. It's been a while.
  • edited April 2016
    You could influence them and then kill them, but a lot of the time, killing denizens earned you an enemy status that required you to then influence or pay off the leader of the denizen village or group (ranging anywhere from 10k to 500k) for them not to consider you an enemy and basically kill you on sight. You could also only influence sentients, and the influence worked in a sort of triangle. The sentient was strong against one type, weak against another type, indifferent to another type. Had some strategy to it, but not a whole lot other than 'cycle through influencing attacks once you knew what the sentient was weak against or what you wanted to do.'

Boon of influence: You got 'esteem' - which worked like corpses kind of. Forever ago, you could imbue one item with a ton of esteem, but they then limited the esteem to one full 'reserve' of esteem per item. Esteem you then offered to a God and they got buko essence. The drawback? Influencing was its own general skill and to be moderately useful at a higher level you had to have all 'three' attacks of at least the 'charity' form of influencing, which was virtuoso or so. If you wanted to be REALLY proficient, had to trans it, of course, which meant 1737 lessons thrown at a general skill that had nearly no other impact other than your bashing. On top of your class skills which did other things. On top of another general skill called Performance which was worthwhile to learn to boost your influence. 

Clothing made a difference in that you had 'prestige' - basically the difference between looking like a pauper and looking like a king. In MOST cases, higher prestige made influencing easier. Unless you were trying to beg gold, in which case lower prestige was the ticket. They had artefacts around changing your prestige and such for influencing. It was a really awesome/innovative alternative to bashing, and you still made tons of gold and could get your God tons of essence. One area in particular, a full round of influence could net you like, 50-100k (note, this is Lusternian money, so kind of like comparing pesos to dollars).  Everything is super expensive in general. Due to the way forging/tailoring/jewelry worked, you had 'regular' clothing/armour/weapons, then you had "master" armor/helmets/weapons, and "great" robes/hoods. Regular armor was shit and you were an idiot or a novice who wasn't told better if you bought it. Master was insanely. INSANELY better - but the average master armour was like... a MINIMUM of 400 comms or some such. And given most of those comms were usually steel at 125g per, getting well outfitted required in the realm of 200-300k gold. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    if i was an occultist who could PK, i would make a trigger to respond to the enlightenment message.

The caustic voice of Ithmian Squire Deladan Veranius, Obsidian Patriarch sizzles through the air, "No, it cannot be true! I cannot accept it! I beg of you to make it stop!"
    The caustic voice of Aodfionn Wintermourne resounds through the air, "Aight."

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • The caustic voice of Aodfionn Wintermourne resounds through the air, "Say no more, fam."