PvE Adjustments

Comments

• I just wish I had this kind of help when I first started, haha. I self trained myself up until now, so I guess my mistake. Oh well
  • The announce states differing modifiers for snb vs the rest, any chance of seeing the individual modifiers?
  • Tolan said:
    I just wish I had this kind of help when I first started, haha. I self trained myself up until now, so I guess my mistake. Oh well
    I answered all the q's I saw you ask! Cooper is always helpful too and knows lots of mechanics
  • Kiet said:
    Tolan said:
    I just wish I had this kind of help when I first started, haha. I self trained myself up until now, so I guess my mistake. Oh well
    I answered all the q's I saw you ask! Cooper is always helpful too and knows lots of mechanics
    Sorry, wasn't aiming that at you in particular. There were some very helpful people. You were one. Cooper is tons helpful, as I've found a lot of people in my city. Was mainly talking about when I started.
  • Ah, yeah, when you're like a barely out of the tour newbie is when it's usually hardest to find help and when you need it most, too.
  • Tolan said:
    Kiet said:
    Tolan said:
    Sorry, wasn't aiming that at you in particular. There were some very helpful people. You were one. Cooper is tons helpful, as I've found a lot of people in my city. Was mainly talking about when I started.
    You have a free trait reset, assuming you didn't use it.
  • Xinna said:
    Tolan said:
    Kiet said:
    Tolan said:
    You have a free trait reset, assuming you didn't use it.
    Unfortunately, I didn't realize there was only one free reset. Reset it for a pretty stupid reason too, now that I look back on it.
  • Aerek said:
    I took BM out for a spin on the lower level of Dun fortress. Definitely improved. For some purely anecdotal numbers, (12 STR, level 101, human crit bonus) damage ranges from 2-3% in Thyr to 3-4% in Arash against orc soldiers/guards/ogre knights. Honestly, Sanya's too middle of the road to be good anymore, and the damage in Arash, while higher, still doesn't justify the extra damage you take. Would say Thyr and Mir are the best stances now, Thyr if you can take the damage, Mir if you can't. They're both fairly decent, and their damage is pretty similar, it's just trading speed vs defense.

I don't think BM hunting is "good", no one's ever going to switch to BM for that reason, but if you are BM, I think you can now hunt without wishing sweet merciful death would come now and save you from this boredom. (at least with my crit rate) I still had to hit-and-run the orc guards and ogres a bit, even as a level 101 BM, but I could do it and it didn't take me an unreasonable amount of time, which is more than I could say before.

That said, the more research I see/hear/do, the more convinced I am BM benefits from STR more than most classes in this game. (Which makes complete sense, to try and discourage people from just speccing CON all the way) Possible that with more STR, hunting would actually be pretty good for BM, as long as you still had enough health to survive.
    Still 3% at Thyr with my stats:
    | Health  : 5911/5911   Willpower: 20640/20640 Strength : 18 Intelligence: 14 |
    | Mana    : 5000/5000   Endurance: 24600/24600 Dexterity: 13 Constitution: 17 |

16:15:15.005 4212h, 4840m, 24600e, 20586w Shin:[] excdbk 46.6%xp- Target: none [ST: knight11597 46% Rage:20]
    With expert precision, you draw Brave Phoenix from its scabbard and unleash a vicious slash towards an ogre knight.
    16:15:15.250 4212h, 4840m, 24584e, 20586w Shin:[] ecdbk 46.6%xp- Target: none [ST: knight11597 43% Rage:23]

3.5% with Mir:

16:17:09.291 5873h, 5000m, 24600e, 20640w Shin:[] excdbk 46.9%xp- Target: none [ST: knight8240 100% Rage:0]
    With expert precision, you draw Brave Phoenix from its scabbard and unleash a vicious slash towards an ogre knight.
    16:17:09.390 5873h, 5000m, 24584e, 20640w Shin:[] ecdbk 46.9%xp- Target: none [ST: knight8240 97% Rage:4]

16:17:11.944 5159h, 5000m, 24600e, 20640w Shin:[] excdbk 46.9%xp- Target: none [ST: knight8240 97% Rage:4]
    16:17:12.058 5159h, 5000m, 24584e, 20640w Shin:[] ecdbk 46.9%xp- Target: none [ST: knight8240 93% Rage:10]

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Arash:
    16:24:29.976 5911h, 5000m, 24583e, 20439w Shin:[] excdbk 48.1%xp- Target: none [ST: knight48061 75% Rage:0]
    16:24:30.153 5911h, 5000m, 24567e, 20439w Shin:[] ecdbk 48.1%xp- Target: none [ST: knight48061 70% Rage:3]

Sanya:

16:26:44.837 5911h, 5000m, 24600e, 20640w Shin:[] excdbk 48.3%xp- Target: none [ST: knight36564 96% Rage:22]
    16:26:44.955 5911h, 5000m, 24584e, 20640w Shin:[] ecdbk 48.3%xp- Target: none [ST: knight36564 93% Rage:27]

Worth the 18 str? No. :|

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • 2-hand Dreadblade bashing with 20 str as Runewarden:

16:39:19.917 5757h, 4875m, 23855e, 20604w Shin:[] excdbk 49%xp- Target: none [ST: sentry7436 36% Rage:6]
    You have no need to recover your footing - you are already standing.
    Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Drawing back a Dreadblade bastard sword, you unleash a flesh-mincing blow at an ogre sentry.
    16:39:20.062 5757h, 4875m, 23853e, 20604w Shin:[] ecdbk 49%xp- Target: none [ST: sentry7436 29% Rage:11]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.838s)

It's 7% per hit on orcs and ogres in Dun. Used to be 9%. So I got a 2% reduction overall. Now I'm wishing how I should have gone DWC or SNB. :/

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I wish I could hit dun mobs for 7% on a 2.8s balance :angry:

Huh. Neat.
  • I could hit them for 5-6% on 1.95s as sylvan, but mind you that was with 20 int, level 3 collar as well. 

Been hunting as siren fury runewarden, definitely not as strong and squishier but it's pretty fun.
  • My str bard does 4% on 1.7s at 18 str. That already far outclasses my Blademaster in Thyr and my 2-Hand Runewarden without taking the Bard's ability to wield a SoA into account.
  • I wish I could hit Dun mobs for more than 3% per hit... and have a ton of health.. and defences...

#MonkStillneedsHelp
  • You guys are unbelievable. You realize Bard hunting was deliberately downgraded, as well as Knight.

It's worth mentioning the huge disparity in hunting between unartied certain classes and artied. Unartied Serpent, for example, is horrid (slow and untanky). Unartied Knight is fucking amazing.

A new per class DPS table will really put things in perspective.
  • I remember hunting with Grook Blademaster. Int 18, quick mind, aldar diadem, lvl 3 collar. Used only Shin Burst. Did like 9% per 2.8-2.9s equilibrium. Back then my Runie did 9% per 2.8s balance. I may try Int Blademaster again to see if they increased the bashing damage for Shin Burst.
  • edited April 2016
    Mizik said:
    You guys are unbelievable. You realize Bard hunting was deliberately downgraded, as well as Knight.

It's worth mentioning the huge disparity in hunting between unartied certain classes and artied. Unartied Serpent, for example, is horrid (slow and untanky). Unartied Knight is fucking amazing.

@Sena <3 your stats

12 strength runewarden with a level 1 longsword is 2% on a falcon. 2.33 balance time. 
  • Mizik said:
    You guys are unbelievable. You realize Bard hunting was deliberately downgraded, as well as Knight.

We get that it was deliberate. I assume they wouldn't put effort into something that was accidental. What we're a little miffed about is that we'd like to see more classes brought up, instead of cutting the classes that made it enjoyable down. People disagree and dislike the changes, which they are free to do, and voice.

I personally hate how slow and annoying bashing is in Achaea after the BR "fix". After switching from unartied serp to Runie, bashing was starting to become more enjoyable to me again. Now it's back to feeling like I'm swimming in molasses, although tankier. Now, there are some positive points to BR bashing, mainly oriented around the fact that you don't have to hunt the sheer volume anymore. The downside is in how soul crushingly slow it feels per mob, and the constant pressure to continue or you lose rage stacks. Without an autobashing script, I can't really stop and respond to a few people, or check on chats without risking dropping my rage.
  • SNB Bashing /= DWC, DWB, or 2-Hand bashing.

Each Knight Spec is way different from each other in the damage they deal when bashing and how much damage they can take. I still don't get why they decided to apply a generalized nerf Knights instead of applying that nerf based on each specialization.

Cause the tankiness of a DWC knight is waaaay different from a SNB knight.
  • Lucianus said:
    SNB Bashing /= DWC, DWB, or 2-Hand bashing.

Each Knight Spec is way different from each other in the damage they deal when bashing and how much damage they can take. I still don't get why they decided to apply a generalized nerf Knights instead of applying that nerf based on each specialization.

I thought they did apply it different per spec. Bug it if you think it wasn't?
  • DWC is still pretty godmode if you're already at 100, totally confirmed (Paladin so gud).
  • Bashing has been terrible ever since battlerage
  • Anedhel said:
    DWC is still pretty godmode if you're already at 100, totally confirmed (Paladin so gud).
    Well you guys get that +2 str from inspiration. :(
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Buy arties to offset the loss today!
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Paladin's battlerage also happens to be pretty great. :D
  • edited April 2016
    Agree with Aegoth - bashing has become much worse since battlerage. Agree with Mizik because arties make all the difference with some classes, such as serpent. I made a little serpent newb to test it out, and it took all of just a few pygmies to realize that that was a big nope.

I can tell a tiny difference in monk bashing since the recent change, but it isn't much better, to be honest.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Bard's canticle boosts DPS by roughly 11-12%, bard lost that.
    The adjustment boosts damage by roughly 6-7%.

Bard is at a net loss (medium decrease). The nerf is harsh on unartied bard considering bard wearing leather armour and not having amazing resistances. I suggested changing canticle to improve crit rate or damage against denizens but was deemed unnecessary. 
  • Aesgar said:
    Mizik said:

@Sena <3 your stats
    I'm not sure if I'll actually do something like that now, since there's no longer a way to see actual numbers for damage. It was already a lot of work before, now it's several times worse just to get an estimate (although being able to temporarily tri-trans a class with a lucrescent nut does help a lot). And I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to, so it's harder to justify spending 30+ hours on it now.
  • Lucianus said:
    SNB Bashing /= DWC, DWB, or 2-Hand bashing.

I thought they did apply it different per spec. Bug it if you think it wasn't?
    They did apply differently for each spec, but the general direction in the application is all in the direction of nerfing damage. I personally didn't feel 2-hand needed it. Our attacks are slow, we don't have SOA, and we don't have a chance to crit twice like the dual wielding specs. So 2-handers pretty much got the short end of the stick in that pve change for knights. :/
  • Ismay said:
    Agree with Aegoth - bashing has become much worse since battlerage. Agree with Mizik because arties make all the difference with some classes, such as serpent. I made a little serpent newb to test it out, and it took all of just a few pygmies to realize that that was a big nope.

I can tell a tiny difference in monk bashing since the recent change, but it isn't much better, to be honest.
    I don't want to necessarily start a big stink over it, but do you mind explaining why you feel it's worse?

From what I've seen, the change to bashing with others and it still being worth it has been pretty good (2-person bashing seems to be the most effective way to go about it, in my experience); I spend less time to gain the same amount of experience, compared to before, and the gold is mountains better (the essence, depending on which way you look at it, is either great or terrible, but the increased essence means keeping positive in an Order even if you die a lot isn't as nearly as much of a hassle as it used to be).

Is it that each mob takes a greater amount of time than it used to? I feel like a lot of people pin the 'bad' aspect of it on "I used to be able to do X and now I can't,' but the rewards have changed so much that dropping down to something 'easier' can still be worth it, if you bash fast enough.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, I'd just like to understand!