Regrets of a Demigod

So, what do you wish you'd done as a kickass omni-trans Demigod last night instead of lulPK?  Judging from the steady queue of disappointed people streaming west back through Delos we can safely take "Forged a BM blade" as read.

I'll start:

Wish I'd gone on a spam-gathering run and then made myself a gazillion inks.
Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
I take my hat off to you.

Comments

• Wish while I was transcendent I would have:
    a) seen how many defenses I could put up at once
    b) summoned every entity possible
    c) had my reflexes so I actually could go kicks some ass (retardation + deadeyes + wrack slickness)
    d) hypnotised tons of people with inane actions to be snapped at a later date
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    I wish I didn't sleep more >.> there's xp increase when you bash as a demigod. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    didnt rune my armour
    didnt runeblade my rapiers (not sure if I could use them after?)
  • Achilles said:
    didnt rune my armour
    didnt runeblade my rapiers (not sure if I could use them after?)
    Was so afraid to runeblade or songbless. I figure the admin would have fixed it if it didn't work, but still...
  • I didn't go Monk bashing with fullplate :(
  • Sherazad said:
    I wish I didn't sleep more >.> there's xp increase when you bash as a demigod. 
    I was going to say I was happy with how I spent my time.

Untill I read this...

I should have gone hunting :(
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • For like a week I've been meaning to find out what the eq on sentinel freeze was to try to figure out exact timings needed for freeze pound.

I forgot.

• I didn't go Monk bashing with fullplate :(
    You can't anyway. I got me a fullplate, but my class(which is still blademaster even with the omniskills) will not allow me to wear it.

Regrets - not making my own jewelry and clothing, not bashing enough. Seriously, with all those 25 to stats and defensive benefits, the one time I seriously bashed Annwyn and Tenwat was the most achingly-satisfying moment in my whole PVE experience.

That, and divinefire. Eff you, Oujia.

• Synbios said:
    I didn't go Monk bashing with fullplate :(
    You can't anyway. I got me a fullplate, but my class(which is still blademaster even with the omniskills) will not allow me to wear it.

Regrets - not making my own jewelry and clothing, not bashing enough. Seriously, with all those 25 to stats and defensive benefits, the one time I seriously bashed Annwyn and Tenwat was the most achingly-satisfying moment in my whole PVE experience.

I'm a Paladin.

I'm wearing fullplate right this very second.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012
    What... you could forge fullplate? Well, that just gives every novice knight out there temporarily the only arguably useful skill in forging. (unless you're a shopkeeper) And permanently the armour, since you can wear fullplate even if you don't have trans forging.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• FYI

Forging fullplate suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    FYI

Forging fullplate suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
    Doesn't matter, even crappy fullplate like 74/74 is good fieldplate and it never decays.  I was going to say something over HT (well CLT :() but that seems like a pretty blurry OOC thing IMO.
  • Synbios said:

I'm a Paladin.

Oh wait, I read that wrong, sorry. I thought you were a monk bashing with a fullplate you just forged. 

On that thought - I wonder if Thyr stacks with SCS for ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD combos? 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Didn't phase. Argh.
    Did not mess around as much as I would have liked, mostly because RP was errywhar.
    Did not help kill Kastalia/Mithraea, but it was sooooo laggy.
    Did not get to test zap all that much.
    Could not make a blademaster blade. Was sad it didn't work.
    I did bash some, but should have bashed more. Glad I still came out positive in exp despite the one death.

I think the overall regret is "I wish I had more time to test everything out and bash up some serious exp".

Despite that, still overall happy!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Synbios said:
    Synbios said:

I'm a Paladin.

Oh wait, I read that wrong, sorry. I thought you were a monk bashing with a fullplate you just forged. 

On that thought - I wonder if Thyr stacks with SCS for ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD combos? 

<.<

>.>

Jaguar reflexes + Thyr + Scorpion

It stacks.
  • i didn't get a chance to mess with Demigod, cause I had to leave immediately after the event to get to work, and then had to deal with an Ashtani raid when I got back. Grief't

• <.<

>.>

It stacks.
    Trying to wrap my mind about the speed of setting limbs as a BM, but the mental image is full of censor bars and mosaics. 

• Didn't zap anyone. Can't make a blade, actually tried to. Didn't help kill Selene. Didn't phase into Mhaldor. Didn't inferno... didn't use classes that I didn't know. 
    meh

• Synbios said:

<.<

>.>

It stacks.
    Trying to wrap my mind about the speed of setting limbs as a BM, but the mental image is full of censor bars and mosaics. 
    For reference, my slow-ass longswords (less than 200 speed, can't remember the exact amount) with that setup had a balance time of 1.3 or so for DSL
  • Synbios said:

<.<

>.>

It stacks.
    It's not as fast as you'd think. Only got my drawslash down to about 1.5 in Thyr with reflexes (forgot to try scorpion before I lost it). Still super fast, though. On that not, my regret is not using Two Arts limb breaks to vivisect anyone. Or impaleslash, bladetwist, absolve.
  • edited December 2012
    Eld said:
    Synbios said:

<.<

>.>

It stacks.
    It's not as fast as you'd think. Only got my drawslash down to about 1.5 in Thyr with reflexes (forgot to try scorpion before I lost it). Still super fast, though. On that not, my regret is not using Two Arts limb breaks to vivisect anyone. Or impaleslash, bladetwist, absolve.

Thought Twoarts only worked with a BM sword. Anyway, back on topic: utterly gutted I didn't make fullplate :'(
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Penwize, Athylea, and I spent 15-20 minutes whittling through Zigana's regen. Penwize (the only person with the honours) got the killing blow. Zero regrets.

Also I made Skye do things.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I regret sticking to the unnecessary, huge, laggy groups on Nish instead of splitting off with just bloodsworn + Pages to hunt down some Dala'myrr. That would have been much more fun than DSL'ing Pentharian in a lagfest for 10+ minutes.

I regret not putting up divine fire before making a run on the Chaos Plane so that I actually could have seen it. Even if I was probably just going to take a shot at the first Chaos Lord I found and get inta-killed/expelled.

I regret not inking myself a set of runes before losing Runebinding so I'd have them for 12+ hours or whatever silliness it is.

I regret not trying out Vivisect, and more importantly, not trying to learn how to avoid Vivisect while everyone I know had it and could help do that.

Had a ton of fun as it was, though! Got Babel-killed, picked up some honors lines, and played with toys I'll never have again. Probably my favorite part, though, was welcoming the two newbies to the utter insanity that was world-wide demigod-ness. The first came in while Cyrene was tearing itself apart killing each other and trying new skills, so I was waving off range-healings, thurisaz runes, and Kai banishing petulant Squires, all while explaining, "It's usually not like this." The second was a Paladin that I had to explain why the game wouldn't let him join the Wardens because it was, at that moment, chock full of "Necromancers."
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I think it was Aetolia that let you play as trans any class in the arena.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Nishnatoba was nuts.

I got to zapp a few people. Played with phase. Resisted the temptation to Blackwind or go to the Inferno. Summoned little animals and they got to watch while I harvested two forests. Reasonably satisfied with the post-Ragnarok Demigod experience.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • ...I just realized that I should've Monk-fought for a while.  I still have a lot of the old aliases :(
  • I had to leave before I could do much of anything after the event (I already stayed longer than I should have to see the end). I do wish I had better spent my time during the fight on Nishnatoba though. I tried zapping a dala'myrr but it was so laggy and spammy I'm not sure if it went through. After that I mostly stayed with large groups and hit the shades. I should have tried to hunt some dala'myrr with a small group, and I should have taken some time to make some simple scripts to help deal with the spam (more gagging too). If I had been able to stay, there are probably several hours of things that I'd have liked to try.
  • Sylvance said:
    Eld said:
    Synbios said:

<.<

>.>

It stacks.

Thought Twoarts only worked with a BM sword. Anyway, back on topic: utterly gutted I didn't make fullplate :'(
    That's true, but I'm a blademaster, so not a problem.