Ask Your Producer: Spring 2016

Comments

• Why doesn't the liquid rift have GMCP support? :(
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Penwize said:
    Why doesn't the liquid rift have GMCP support? :(
    Will in the near future!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    What's the reasoning behind liquidrift not being expanded by vaults/having its own expansion artefacts?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Kayeil said:
    Oh if primes come from the same place moss does, there are some hidden areas that should have a massive yield, as I know they yield a ton of moss consistently.
    No, because the maximum you can get, with artifact and trait, is 5

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Khaibit said:
    Kayeil said:
    Oh if primes come from the same place moss does, there are some hidden areas that should have a massive yield, as I know they yield a ton of moss consistently.
    No, because the maximum you can get, with artifact and trait, is 5
    I'm not saying the yield per room would be higher. I'm saying the overall yield would be higher than the commonly known areas. I know the commonly know areas that have moss yield next to nothing a lot of the times, but the more unknown areas make up for that.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Ahmet said:
    What's the reasoning behind liquidrift not being expanded by vaults/having its own expansion artefacts?
    $$$

• Tecton said:
    Danna said:
    5. Custom Weapons

I wanted a custom book weapon I can wield with to smack someone with. Something that says "I'm a freakin' librarian. Don't. Mess. With. My. Books."

5) You probably won't see something like that outside of maybe a boon, I'm afraid!

• Dortheron said:
    1. While there was mention of new or tweaked hunting areas, how about expansion of new areas? While I understand the need to keep things secret so that excitement builds and such, but are any of the following in the works and call you hint at which ones: Islands, Kashari, Seleucar (the actual city)

2. Are there any plans to change or expand ship trades? I'd personally like to see multiple trades per month based on better rewards having longer trade stops, or maybe deals that require multiple end products (so 3 gems, 5 silk for example)

3. Are there any aspects of achaea that you would love to see expanded just for fun, but can't because of time/resources priorities?

Bump because he never answered my questions. I just want to be answered

Notice-me-senpai-3

You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • On the topic of new arties, when are we getting a level 3 grimoire/increased minor trait selection so I can stop using my class switch as a trait reset.
  • Are the weapon attack options like...hack, crush, slash, jab, etc just antiquated and useless at this point? I've noticed some age old remnants that seemed like they might have added diversity at one time but probably not anymore. 
  • Excuse the double post but I've got another pressing one....Back in the day we always thought that names like 'Ladydeath' and 'Dragonknight' were just remnants of a more lax era. Lately I've been seeing a lot of examples of this on young characters though. Is there a policy on this? Without meaning to bring direct attention to the player I'm looking at now, I can see how 'Shadekiller' could simply be a nickname, but then wouldn't you prefer that to be a nickname? Does it not violate the naming scheme rules?
  • Ilessia said:
    Excuse the double post but I've got another pressing one....Back in the day we always thought that names like 'Ladydeath' and 'Dragonknight' were just remnants of a more lax era. Lately I've been seeing a lot of examples of this on young characters though. Is there a policy on this? Without meaning to bring direct attention to the player I'm looking at now, I can see how 'Shadekiller' could simply be a nickname, but then wouldn't you prefer that to be a nickname? Does it not violate the naming scheme rules?
    A while ago the naming rules were relaxed a little bit to encourage and have greater new player retention. From what I've hear the older naming rules were deemed too restrictive and technical at times. While I don't personally like some of the new names, it's better than someone generally interested in Achaea being turned off because their name was like Shadekiller and they're forced to change it in the 1st 5 minutes of playing.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Would it be at all possible to give a custom deathsight when people die from receiving heartseed or some other afflictions from the wheel? I think it'd be quite entertaining.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Would it be at all possible to give a custom deathsight when people die from receiving heartseed or some other afflictions from the wheel? I think it'd be quite entertaining.
    Hoping to keep up with Veilmania, Minifie has had her body returned to the earth by the extraordinary might of the wheel.
  • Personally I do all my coding in vim.
    I'll show you mine, now you show me yours: https://github.com/conslo/.s/blob/master/.vimrc
  • Tecton said:
    Asmodron said:
    A general question I have been wondering about: Since the Erisian Pyramid is now gone, what became of the chaos forest accessible within it? Does the area still exist out there, floating around, or was it nixed as well?

It used to be a nice little spot for karma and carefree low hunting (harvesting too I believe)
    Did you -see- what happened to that pyramid? There's not too much left after the ol' Marvinogian used it as a playground :smile:

First it started rotting away, then we arranged a player driven event/ritual through Oakstone that put the forest to peace (it's gone!).
  • Rangor said:
    Tecton said:
    Asmodron said:
    A general question I have been wondering about: Since the Erisian Pyramid is now gone, what became of the chaos forest accessible within it? Does the area still exist out there, floating around, or was it nixed as well?

It used to be a nice little spot for karma and carefree low hunting (harvesting too I believe)
    Did you -see- what happened to that pyramid? There's not too much left after the ol' Marvinogian used it as a playground :smile:

First it started rotting away, then we arranged a player driven event/ritual through Oakstone that put the forest to peace (it's gone!).

Screw your player-driven force-upon RP -.-
    Ahmet said:
    To cover development time!
  • Any plans to address the seemingly bizarre (from a player point of view) design decisions made with the liquid rift implementation alongside releasing the artefacts? Most notably the weird way they interact with artefact vials.

Was there a conscious decision to NOT give us warning that you were going to clear the bug system out ahead of time? I had a lot of bugs submitted that I know for a fact weren't fixed (mostly relating to inconsistencies and omissions from GMCP) that I would have liked to resubmit, had I been given the opportunity to take a note of them. However, I imagine if everybody had done the same thing then it wouldn't have served the purpose that it did.

For a few of the larger releases (tradeskill split being the primary example) in the last 18 months you've given solid details of what's happening ahead of time so that the playerbase can give feedback to address issues they perceive, ask questions, make preparations, etc. Is this something we're likely to see more (or less) of in the future, including for smaller releases?

Dortheron said:
    Dortheron said:
    1. While there was mention of new or tweaked hunting areas, how about expansion of new areas? While I understand the need to keep things secret so that excitement builds and such, but are any of the following in the works and call you hint at which ones: Islands, Kashari, Seleucar (the actual city)

2. Are there any plans to change or expand ship trades? I'd personally like to see multiple trades per month based on better rewards having longer trade stops, or maybe deals that require multiple end products (so 3 gems, 5 silk for example)

3. Are there any aspects of achaea that you would love to see expanded just for fun, but can't because of time/resources priorities?

Oops, I must have missed your post!
    1) No hints, sorry! There would be a massive hullabaloo about the latter two, and not just a new area reveal :P 
    2) Nothing on the books at the moment, I could see the multiple end products idea being cool though!
    3) Answered this earlier in the thread, though, I'm not sure if it was before or after you post!
    edited April 2016

Conslo said:
    Personally I do all my coding in vim.
    I'll show you mine, now you show me yours: https://github.com/conslo/.s/blob/master/.vimrc
    Very simple, comparatively! Mind you, this is just for my Achaea dev box - I have task specific ones on various machines:
    set nocompatible
    set bs=2
    set wrap!

syntax on
    set smartindent set tabstop=3 set expandtab set shiftwidth=3 filetype indent on
    set ruler set paste set incsearch set ignorecase set smartcase set hlsearch
    autocmd BufReadPost *       \ if line("'\"") > 0 && line("'\"") <= line("$") |       \   exe "normal g`\"" |       \ endif augroup END
    au BufRead,BufNewFile *.r set filetype=rapture au BufRead,BufNewFile *.rh set filetype=rapture au! Syntax rapture source $HOME/.vim/rapture.vim
    set statusline=%F%m%r%h%w\ [TYPE=%Y\ %{&ff}]\ [%l/%L\ (%p%%)]

Shirszae said:
    Maybe for next time the wheel comes out!
    Antonius said:
    Any plans to address the seemingly bizarre (from a player point of view) design decisions made with the liquid rift implementation alongside releasing the artefacts? Most notably the weird way they interact with artefact vials.

Was there a conscious decision to NOT give us warning that you were going to clear the bug system out ahead of time? I had a lot of bugs submitted that I know for a fact weren't fixed (mostly relating to inconsistencies and omissions from GMCP) that I would have liked to resubmit, had I been given the opportunity to take a note of them. However, I imagine if everybody had done the same thing then it wouldn't have served the purpose that it did.

For a few of the larger releases (tradeskill split being the primary example) in the last 18 months you've given solid details of what's happening ahead of time so that the playerbase can give feedback to address issues they perceive, ask questions, make preparations, etc. Is this something we're likely to see more (or less) of in the future, including for smaller releases?
    Artefact vials were kind of tricky, because of the "free" sips that were generated when being filled (one of the former perks) could be gamed to basically fill large swaths of your rift for free. We made the decision to nix that when dealing with the liquid rift to ensure that everyone is on a level playing field. Considering artefact vials only cost 40cr for a non-decay/resetting artefact (less than the cost of a non-decay customisation), they're still a great deal.

Not really a conscious decision, no, I do have a backup of the bugs though, so they're not lost forever.

For changes that are purely systems-based ones, we'll continue to do that where appropriate.
    I'm going to be wrapping this thread up at the Serenade tonight (0 GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST), so if you've got any pressing questions, now is the time to ask!
  • Is it intentional that reincarnation only allows you to re-spec on the class slot that you're on and not all of 'em?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Xaden said:
    Is it intentional that reincarnation only allows you to re-spec on the class slot that you're on and not all of 'em?
    Intentional, yes. The specs are usually pretty closely tied to the class in that slot, so it'd just be busy work to have to respec all of your classes every time.
  • Ah, cool! Wouldn't be a bad shout to note that on the dagger of reincarnation portion of help arefactsmisc... Just in case others do what I did :)

Xaden said:
    Ah, cool! Wouldn't be a bad shout to note that on the dagger of reincarnation portion of help arefactsmisc... Just in case others do what I did :)
    Sure, there now!
  • You awesome man you

• edited April 2016
    Tecton said:
    set tabstop=3
    I have a question:

What kind of monster are you?
This discussion has been closed.