Quick Questions

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Trey said:
    Atalkez said:
    Tolan said:
    Is it possible to trade a L3 weapon in for a different L3 weapon with no credit loss?
    Not usually. You could message Tecton, if you have a valid reason why such should be granted.

More often than not, you have to incur the 33% loss like every other trade-in.
    If that weapon was a knight weapon purchased before knights gained weaponmastery, yes. If not, Atalkez correct.
    If that's the case, no need to email/message, just EXCHANGE WEAPON123 FOR BROADSWORD or whatever weapon type you want.
  • Tecton said:
    Trey said:
    Atalkez said:
    Tolan said:
    Is it possible to trade a L3 weapon in for a different L3 weapon with no credit loss?
    Not usually. You could message Tecton, if you have a valid reason why such should be granted.

More often than not, you have to incur the 33% loss like every other trade-in.
    If that weapon was a knight weapon purchased before knights gained weaponmastery, yes. If not, Atalkez correct.
    If that's the case, no need to email/message, just EXCHANGE WEAPON123 FOR BROADSWORD or whatever weapon type you want.
    I meant to look that up! Forgot.

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    When you have one of those internal errors where it tells you not to execute a command again, do you have to bug it or is it automatic? Two nights running now, no one has been able to follow me.  It acts like they do, but when I move rooms they stay stationary.  I tried checking "group" and it throws the big error of "DON'T DO THAT". I assumed it informed the divine that someone was trying to break things, but I dunno.  Both times I noticed were mid raid so I forgot to bug it afterward (@Tecton)
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Austere said:
    When you have one of those internal errors where it tells you not to execute a command again, do you have to bug it or is it automatic? Two nights running now, no one has been able to follow me.  It acts like they do, but when I move rooms they stay stationary.  I tried checking "group" and it throws the big error of "DON'T DO THAT". I assumed it informed the divine that someone was trying to break things, but I dunno.  Both times I noticed were mid raid so I forgot to bug it afterward (@Tecton)
    Super curious as to this one. I'd assume it automatically sends up a red flag somewhere. I ran into a few of these while walking to denizens (two specific denizens) and it totally slipped my mind to bug it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Doesn't auto-bug, but yes, we get big alerts when it happens!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Austere said:
    I used to do this every few months and I was averaging like 8 gigs a month.  Ended up just moving all of my saves to dropbox. Never have to worry about losing data,  dropbox stores one month of profile history by date and time, and I can login from any computer with mudlet and be killing people in a few minutes.  10/10 would recommend.  
    Doing this now. Thanks for that.

• How do the seamonster trophies work?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    You get one when you kill it, it lasts a month. You can either sell it to Casov in Sea Lion Cove for cash, or you can put it in one of the bottle artefacts for bragging rights.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Thank you.

What class is it that can hit your hamstring? Is that BM or Bard? And what is the effect?

• I know Blademaster can. 

• Hamstring is only Blademaster, it stops Evade for 7s. Timer can be refreshed by hitting hamstring again.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Doesn't hamstring also slow down movement?
  • edited April 2016
    Oops! Makes movement 1s instead of instant. You get the "slowly hobble <dir>" like you do if you have a mending break.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • How can infamous be graced by the Gods!
  • Dying to denizens doesn't reduce infamy, only players does. Both types of death give grace!

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    Dying to denizens doesn't reduce infamy, only players does. Both types of death give grace!
    Dying to city guards reduces infamy!
    Huh. Neat.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    What happens if a member of an Order retires? Do they get removed, marked as retired on 'ORDER MEMBERS', or become marked 'dormant'?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    They're still in the Order. The Order had a bunch of retirees (eff you gais :( ) they're all just listed as dormant. 

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Okay thanks. I *might* not notice if they were just randomly deleted because a lot of the Order members were long dormant before I even started playing Achaea, so I never met them.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• seen this in a couple of logs/posts, does battlefury focus speed affect hunting? I would think it's just for combat.
  • Yes it does.
  • Jacero said:
    Yes it does.
    nifty
  • I've noticed that a lot of dragons alternate between Gut and Incantation when they hunt. I've been using just gut (and battlerage obviously). 

Can anyone shed some light on the reasoning behind alternating the two?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• If you don't have an endurance ring, you'll burn a good chunk of endurance if you bash long enough, so people switch to incantation to give themselves a break.

With an endurance ring, though, no need to alternate.

Also, some people have intelligence artefacts but not strength artefacts because of their class, so incantation's damage gets a boost (I think Collars also affect it? Not sure).

You should also hunt UW scorpions with incantation, since you can do it with broken arms.
  • Cheers @Anedhel

Have a ring of endurance and no diadem so that's grand. Cheers for the tip on the scorpions as well, little blighters give me no end of trouble.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Use gut as it's significantly faster, unless low on endurance or have two broken arms.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Yeah, tis a second in the difference if I remember correctly.  Will stick with gut.

• Xaden said:
    Yeah, tis a second in the difference if I remember correctly.  Will stick with gut.
    Gut is 3s balance, Incantation is 4.05s EQ or 3.4s (-ish) with Aldar. Fully-artied, Incantation is around 333 DPS while Gut is 314 or so, but the faster speed (and therefore crit chance) means Gut still comes out ahead, minus the Incantation broken-arm benefit. Plus, fully-artied Incantation is 5300cr and fully-artied Gut is only 2500cr.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Anedhel said:
    You should also hunt UW scorpions with incantation, since you can do it with broken arms.
    You should hunt UW scorpions with gut, prioritising broken arms over broken legs unless prone (only an issue if you get unlucky with Loki or there's also a Death Knight in the room) or you want to move out of the room (and even then tumbling is a better choice, usually). I always found it considerably faster than using Incantation, though that was before both of the Incantation equilibrium reductions.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    You can also use dragonflex while using incantation which is nice in a pinch for things that tend to webwhore.