The final show down (A report).

13»

Comments

• Vadimuses said:
    GOTO as the travel command - really? Good job giving everyone headaches by using an existing and very popular command. Someone didn't think this through.
    Just capitalise a letter or two. I'm sure the god command predates the mudlet mapper.
  • 20 minutes of mauling the same thing with a room of people....come on now....this is silly!

• That's the solution for it, and the player-accessible command certainly didn't exist before. It'll be a while before the knowledge spreads through mass confusion of 'aaah why isn't it working', which is a headache. So - this was not thought through very well.
  • I'm only kinda here... Because the lag won't even let me do anything.
  • This is cute. They should've just taken the event in their own hands when they realized the stupid amount of lag and how frustrating this is currently, letting it continue like this is just dumb. Experiment failed, let's move on.
  • Please move on with the event... I can't stop lagging enough to get out of the forest without dying to forest defs! I agree with Tagg.
  • Good thing I'm not good at event-things anyway. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Between the flickering mesh that comprises the thin Veil of Creation can be seen glimpses of 
    Nishnatoba, the legendary battlefield, aswim with Dala'myrr as they rove across the endless plain.

Within the heart of the battlefield rises a towering plateau girded by seething clouds of oily black 
    mist. Cruel and imperious, the terrifying god Bal'met looms upon the elevated stage, the would-be 
    Worldreaver bent on utter domination.

The din of clashing blades and dying screams echoes across the planes as the armoured figure of 
    Aegis appears upon Nishnatoba, His eyes focused upon Bal'met.
    (p) 7188h, 7629m, 34840e, 33580w ex[disr]-

Humming softly in the air, a tranquil note heralds the stoic form of Oneiros, and War and Peace take 
    Their places upon the battlefield.

Stormclouds gather and swell, rumbling with thunder as Vastar, the Skylord, reclaims their command 
    and appears upon Nishnatoba. Lightning flashes and strikes at His side, igniting a spark that erupts 
    into a fiery cyclone, revealing Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm.

Fleeting images of a great cave break through the Veil, and the cowled figure of the Logos is 
    illuminated within. Beside Him stands Aeyr, God of Magic.

Together with calm determination they toil over the Fire Behind the Flame, binding Creation together 
    even as it breaks apart.

The vision of the Fire Behind the Flame wavers and fades, replaced once more by the sprawling land 
    of Nishnatoba, where Neraeos, God of the Sea, now coalesces from a fine mist, stern of face and 
    resolved in purpose. With equal aplomb the luminous Goddess of the Moon, Ourania, appears in a swirl 
    of celestial light.

A plume of thick black smoke billows upon ruined Nishnatoba, churning with eldritch fire as it parts 
    to reveal Babel, God of Oblivion, as He moves into place. Even as the smoke disperses, cold white 
    flame rise up, burning brightly and leaving in their wake the pale form of Valnurana.

Golden light streams over the ancient battlefield as the bloodsworn Gods Aurora and Deucalion 
    manifest in measured unison, Their gaze directed singly upon the Worldreaver.

A thrill of wicked anticipation strikes deep as Pandora, Goddess of Mischief appears, Her spirited 
    laughter followed by the rumbling chuckle of Prospero, God of Wealth as He steps upon Nishnatoba.

Poignant notes of an ancient harmonic reverberate gently, augmented by the bold ring of a forging 
    hammer as Scarlatti, the Great Bard, and Phaestus, the Smith, appear among the gathering Gods.

Sudden chills wash over the planes and two shadowy forms appear upon the field of battle: Twilight, 
    God of Darkness, and Thoth, Lord of the Dead. Nodding solemnly to each other, they move apart and 
    take up their own positions.

Daemonic howls rise from the Inferno as Sartan, the Malevolent takes His place among the Gods. His 
    appearance draws wary glances from His brethren, but all remain in place, allowing Him to join the 
    unified force.

• Flickering across the firmament, again the vision of a dark cave appears, and Sarapis labours over 
    the Fire Behind the Flame. The God of Magic guards Him with concern in His eyes, looking into the 
    distance with growing horror.

With a shout, Aeyr is overcome by a throng of shadows, bestial minions sent by Bal'met. Holding them 
    back as long as He can, He cannot hold out, and with an enormous outpouring of energy He releases 
    His full essence across the multiverse, slaying the shadows in the blast.

-
    Your spirits soar as the voice of Vastar, the Skylord rumbles through the sky, "I cannot find the 
    true Devourer!"

Six shadows of Bal'met surround the embattled Oneiros, who deflects as many of the attacks as He can.

Thoth grabs one of the shadows of Bal'met by what He presumes to be its neck, and rips out its soul. 
    The smoke that comprises the body of the shadow dissipates almost instantly.

The moans of thousands of souls echo from the grave as the cold, silken voice of Thoth, God of Death 
    resounds, "Its soul is alien! Real yet not real!"

An embattled Artemis drops Her bow and plunges a hand into one of the shadow-forms. She withdraws 
    nothing but smoke; the act does not appear to even slow the creatures down. They close in on Her, 
    and Artemis' form disappears among a cloud of shadow. They pull Her down, biting and chewing upon 
    Her.

At last one dark shadow of Bal'met breaks through the powerful barrier of utter Peace that Oneiros 
    had raised about Himself. With the collapse of Oneiros' power, the five shadows of Bal'met begin 
    tearing the God apart, His divine entrails spilling, His flesh torn and his visage rent.

A pool of inky blackness appears below one of the shadows of Bal'met, and Twilight, the God of 
    Darkness, pulls one of the figures into the pool with His mighty power. The aspect struggles as 
    Valnurana lures the shadow form into a torpor. Finally Ourania slams it with nine powerful meteors, 
    and the shock drives it the rest of the way into the pool of darkness, which Twilight then seals.

Pandora finishes Her puppet and puts a firecracker in its head. The puppet explodes, as does one of 
    the shadow-forms of Bal'met.

Executor Zephyros, Squire of Xenomorph yells, "Slay them all save Master Sartan Bal'Met! Do our 
    bidding inadvertantly so Evil may rule all of sapience."

Deucalion decapitates one of the shadow forms, then impales another.

Zephyros has been slain by the might of Sir Daklore Le'Murzen-Sparrow.
  • The firmament burns with white-hot fire as the pure, baritone voice of Deucalion calls out, "Where 
    is the true Bal'met?"

The heavens shiver with foul portent as the rumbling voice of Babel resounds, "Use Your eyes."

Artemis emerges, battered and bloodied, from the haze of Bal'met forms. Her form is barely 
    recognizable.

Babel unleashes a multi-coloured coruscade of light, revealing a shadow god as nothing more than 
    smoke.

As the gruesome likenesses fall to the Gods, They draw nearer and nearer to the true form of Bal'met.
     Finally, Bal'met stands alone amidst the ring of encroaching deities.

Across the battlefields and plains of Achaea, the voice of Aegis, God of War resounds like thunder, 
    "You have managed the one thing that has never happened before, Bal'met. You have at last united all 
    of the Gods in a single purpose: Your defeat. Sartan cast you into Nishnatoba, intending it to be a 
    prison. Now it will be your grave."

Furiously the Gods hurl fire, lightning, and myriad magics unknown to mortal apprehension. Lighting 
    the skies and shaking the planes, They act with one accord to divert Bal'met from His terrible 
    purpose.

Beautiful and awesome in Her growing power, Aurora stands alone, unmoving and focused. Once more She 
    wields the Sword of Dunamis in Her hands, and hungry fire courses down the blade's length.

With murmured words Deucalion begins to direct the prayers of the faithful into a shining shield, 
    standing beside Aurora and protecting Her with His arm extended.

Nodding to Deucalion, Aurora advances, the Sword of Dunamis extended as Her own arm.

Booming with laughter, Bal'met lashes out at the Lightbringer, cracking whips of force that tear at 
    Her like seething whips of pure pain.

Aurora continues Her assault, augmented by the unwavering attacks of the Gods that surround Bal'met, 
    and Deucalion cries out in pain as He takes His bloodsworn's wounds upon Himself.

Rich motes of lucent clarity suffuse the skies as the Lightbringer evokes, "Aeon has foreseen your 
    fall. By Our hands you will be unmade, and His vision will come to pass."

Drawing back the blazing Sword of Dunamis, Aurora lunges forward and buries it in Bal'met, and a 
    ghastly chorus of a thousand wailing voices tears across the planes.

Unforming and writhing upon the blade, Bal'met claws out at Aurora with devastating brutality, but 
    She stays firm, holding the hilt steady as the Gods strain, overcoming the diminishing god with the 
    strength of Their combined powers.

With an ear-splitting cry that shakes the foundations of every plane, causing the seas to swell and 
    the skies to weep tears, Bal'met is forced to relinquish His grasp on reality.

Held hostage by the Blade of Dunamis, Bal'met perishes in agony, utterly destroyed by the magnified 
    power of the Pantheon.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    A sense of overwhelming loss floods you as Sarapis, the Logos, departs Creation.
  • Well

Was I supposed to get that speech even though I never managed to get turned into a demigod?
  • Well

Was I supposed to get that speech even though I never managed to get turned into a demigod?
    Yes, everyone in existence did.
  • For Nat..

Your divine essence allows the following powers:
       GODPOWERS               (    0 essence)
          - View your available powers.
       GODWHO                  (    0 essence)
          - See what other immortals are around.
       GODS                    (    0 essence)
          - Speak to your fellow immortals.
       GOTO <person>           (  500 essence)
          - Travel instantly to another player on Nishnatoba.
       REFRESH [ME|<person>]   ( 5000 essence)
          - Restores full stats to yourself or another player on Nishnatoba.
       CUREALL [ME|<person>]   ( 5000 essence)
          - Cures all ailments from yourself or another player on Nishnatoba.
       RESURRECT <person>      (15000 essence)
          - Restore life to a fallen adventurer.
       DIVINEFIRE              (25000 essence)
          - Protect yourself from attack.
       ZAP <target>            (45000 essence)
          - Zap another player or denizen.

• Also...

You have requested a list of abilities but not specified a skill. To see the abilities in a skill,
    please use AB <skill>, naming any of your current skills (listed below):

Skills         Rank
    -------------  ------------
    Vision         Transcendent
    Avoidance      Transcendent
    Tattoos        Transcendent
    Survival       Transcendent
    Weaponry       Transcendent
    Riding         Transcendent
    Seafaring      Transcendent
    Venom          Transcendent
    Hypnosis       Transcendent
    Necromancy     Transcendent
    Telepathy      Transcendent
    Tarot          Transcendent
    Kaido          Transcendent
    Groves         Transcendent
    Subterfuge     Transcendent
    Devotion       Transcendent
    Tekura         Black belt
    Metamorphosis  Transcendent
    Domination     Transcendent
    Concoctions    Transcendent
    Healing        Transcendent
    Chivalry       Transcendent
    Spirituality   Transcendent
    Forging        Transcendent
    Elementalism   Transcendent
    Crystalism     Transcendent
    Enchantment    Transcendent
    Woodlore       Transcendent
    Puppetry       Transcendent
    Pranks         Transcendent
    Curses         Transcendent
    Runelore       Transcendent
    Vodun          Transcendent
    Occultism      Transcendent
    Evileye        Transcendent
    Apostasy       Transcendent
    Voicecraft     Transcendent
    Harmonics      Transcendent
    Swashbuckling  Transcendent
    Shindo         Transcendent
    Striking       Transcendent
    TwoArts        Transcendent
    Alchemy        Transcendent
    Physiology     Transcendent
    Transmutation  Transcendent

Miniskills     Rank
    -------------  ------------
    Constitution   Transcendent
    Thermology     Transcendent
    Frost          Transcendent
    Antidotes      Transcendent
    Fitness        Transcendent
    Galvanism      Transcendent
    Philosophy     Transcendent
    Tailoring      Transcendent
    Jewellery      Transcendent
    InkMilling     Transcendent
    Cooking        Transcendent
    Gathering      Transcendent

Seafaring Spec Rank
    -------------- ------------
    Deckhand       0
    Weapons        0
    Helm           0
    Watch          5
    Command        1
    To see your abilities within each skill, type AB <Skill>.
    HELP <skill> to get more information on a skill.

• Thank you and the other divines very much for the event
  • edited December 2012
    @Sarapis:  Lalalalalala didn't hear it!   %-(

no goooooinnnngggg 
    :((
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    apparently there was a conversation at the Shrine of Ascension before Maya arrived. does anyone have a log? My group got in like, halfway.

• OuraniaOurania The Garden of the Gods
    edited December 2012
    Skye said:
    apparently there was a conversation at the Shrine of Ascension before Maya arrived. does anyone have a log? My group got in like, halfway.

Ah, there was me and the boys. I hope someone has that also.

• Thanks for the awesome event you guys! It was amazing! Totally kept me on the edge of my seat!