Achaean Pets

Comments

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    He's a well-trained boy. I think a lot of dogs would get freaked out by the bearded man in a suit >_>

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    Ignore the boyfriend, but here is one of my dogs.

And here is what they do in the winter time.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    @Skye - he was just EATING UP all that attention. He LOVES people. He was pretending to be more well-behaved than he normally is. haha. He wanted to make sure Santa believed he was EXTRA good this year.

@Jeslyn - awwww, adorable doggies!
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

I should add most of the dogs were really bad at getting their photos taken because SO much was going on. In one area was a vet clinic (vaccinations, microchips etc). Right next to Santa was a big adoption event of cats and kittens... plus dogs everywhere, and all of them wanting to greet each other. The dog in front of Chief wouldn't behave or sit still because he badly wanted to play with Chief and kept making noises wanting him to come over and visit. It was kind of adorable... The dog before that one was this beautiful female afghan hound with long, golden hair. Chief's favorites are always the dogs smaller than him, the ones a little bigger he's more cautious about. His favorite of the day was this happy little puppy. I think he wanted to take it home!

edited December 2015
    You know you are a pet parent, when you have 1000+ potato quality pictures of them on your phone.

( she is the only pet I've own that actually "watches" television.)

edited March 2016
    Chief and I were watching Vikings together, so thought I'd take some pics. Norwegian Elkhounds were the dogs of the Vikings. VERY old breed of dog.

Chief's HUGE elkie feet. You'd have to see them in person to appreciate how big his paws really are.

Chief also has BIG ears. He can hear you opening food from across the house!

The last one he let me take, as long as I offered him a treat. He hates cameras.

• The four dogs that my girlfriend had when we moved to Maine together.  The white Great Dane passed away in August.  Deaf, blind, albino, and kidney problems.   The orange cat is mine but the white one is our fur baby.  All of the dogs except the Shiba in the top left are rescues.  Thor, the brown pit, had a torn ACL and was about to be put down but got fostered in Long Island.  Lucy, the grey pit, was a bait dog from Virginia.  Very graphic but she had an eyeball hanging out and a wired jaw when my girlfriend got her.  Not a cheap fix.  And the Shiba was her ex's that ditched him when they broke up.  Norris the orange cat was my neighbors that left him when he moved.  He was only four pounds and had terrible fleas when I found him and then took him to the vet.  And Dexter is the white rag doll.  And the dogs all slept together, hence crowded onto two beds and ignoring the other two we had.
    Mithil said:
    The four dogs that my girlfriend had when we moved to Maine together.  The white Great Dane passed away in August.  Deaf, blind, albino, and kidney problems.   The orange cat is mine but the white one is our fur baby.  All of the dogs except the Shiba in the top left are rescues.  Thor, the brown pit, had a torn ACL and was about to be put down but got fostered in Long Island.  Lucy, the grey pit, was a bait dog from Virginia.  Very graphic but she had an eyeball hanging out and a wired jaw when my girlfriend got her.  Not a cheap fix.  And the Shiba was her ex's that ditched him when they broke up.  Norris the orange cat was my neighbors that left him when he moved.  He was only four pounds and had terrible fleas when I found him and then took him to the vet.  And Dexter is the white rag doll.  And the dogs all slept together, hence crowded onto two beds and ignoring the other two we had.
    Awww, those poor babies. I'm glad they're in a MUCH happier home like they deserve to be, and have become such good friends. I'm sorry to hear about the great dane. I had one when I was a kid, and they are great dogs. To have all those issues to deal with must've been challenging, but I am sure they appreciated all you did for them during their time in your life. I also have a soft spot for pitties, my first ever dog when I was 3 years old was a pittie and he was the best dog ever.

• The two pitties have extreme separation anxiety with each other and also with her.  They're lovers and just wanna cuddle.  The Great Dane passed away from bloat, which from what I've learned is pretty common in that breed.  The Shiba is my buddy though.  I take him for rides all the time, and to the beach (the other two don't like the beach).

My dog Chief passed out this rainy Monday morning. If he wants to sleep, you cannot bother him unless it is for food. He'll ignore you. However, if he wants you awake he'll bark at you non-stop until he gets what he wants. The first one is his fave sleeping position... one Norwegian Elkhound owners everywhere are familiar with. For some reason, elkies REALLY like sleeping on their backs with their paws up. I think it helps them keep their bodies cool, but who knows.

Aww he's so adorable. Love his curly ear fur. He must be so soft.

• Yes! And he is also a total goofball. Its so funny to watch him explore the world. 7,5 weeks old. Practically a baby. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    Bleak said:
    Yes! And he is also a total goofball. Its so funny to watch him explore the world. 7,5 weeks old. Practically a baby. 
    Is that your prebaby baby?

• I'm planning on getting 2.4 babies.
  • @Rom that's a little d'awwwwwg.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    "If I don't move, the clicky box can't see me."
    Huh. Neat.
  • Perfect example of puppy dog eyes! Hng, my heart melted!

• ZzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZzzz
  • Yes yes yes! Please mail Me the pug!!

(You are never getting him back)
  • This is my favourite thread of all time.  OMG.. So much cuteness.  It needs more cats though, imo.

Also, this is Shamwow. He likes eating things and thinks that plants make him invisible.

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere

Lookie lookie who's roosting for the night? It's mommy!