Classless Discussion Q1 2016

Comments

• I've said it 100 times. I'd gladly give up exterm. -Gladly. That's like, the simplest trade off in the world. The only real reason to use exterms is because forest defs are godawful.

• I agree, delete axekick.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • We're STILL waiting on those Sylvan classleads Blujixapug.   It's been like 10 years now
  • @Rangor 2H just needs Continuation to be an activated ability (whatever cost) to be immune to clumsy and lethargy.

As an SNB I completely shut down 2H with clumsy.
  • They already miss enough without clumsy.

• @Rangor : SnB prep speed is fine, any faster in the hands of someone capable and it'll be OP

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Rangor said:
    Noone gets it when I'm trying to be funny. :(

I like how he let vibes in retardation, occie paralysis, and faster deadeyes slide, but faster SnB prep? Hell no.
  • Monk bashing does sort of suck ass.  Not to mention Inhibit seems to be uh... one of the most useless things in the game???

The hell does it do, certainly not stop certain enemies (LOOKING AT YOU VERTANI PRIESTESS) from healing.  Supposedly doesn't stop werewolves from crystal tattooing either.  I have to drag someone (Generally @Persephonia )) to Dun Fortress with me to fight because I simply can't fight two at once without Numb > Walk in > Hit > Hit > Leave  rinse and repeat until only one is alive.  It's kind of ridiculous.  We can't even wield an SoA to make us even remotely safer. :'(
  • Frederich said:
    Monk bashing does sort of suck ass.  Not to mention Inhibit seems to be uh... one of the most useless things in the game???

The hell does it do, certainly not stop certain enemies (LOOKING AT YOU VERTANI PRIESTESS) from healing.  Supposedly doesn't stop werewolves from crystal tattooing either.  I have to drag someone (Generally @Persephonia )) to Dun Fortress with me to fight because I simply can't fight two at once without Numb > Walk in > Hit > Hit > Leave  rinse and repeat until only one is alive.  It's kind of ridiculous.  We can't even wield an SoA to make us even remotely safer. :'(
    At least you aren't Blademasters.

Also, I thought Monk could wield an SoA while bashing at the cost of a punch?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I legit saw Ismay's combo do 1% to a Vertani.
  • Aegoth said:
    I legit saw Ismay's combo do 1% to a Vertani.
    @Ismay it's One-Punch Man not One-Percent Man

• Frederich said:
    The hell does it do, certainly not stop certain enemies (LOOKING AT YOU VERTANI PRIESTESS) from healing.  Supposedly doesn't stop werewolves from crystal tattooing either.
    Crystal tattoo on werewolves might not be counted as healing unless it's just got the descriptor lines for a tattoo and is otherwise just a standard self-heal. I do know Inhibit doesn't seem to work on honours mobs (there's no message like you get with Stun failing, mind), though I've generally presumed that's because they're honours mobs rather than a problem with Inhibit.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Aegoth said:
    I legit saw Ismay's combo do 1% to a Vertani.

And that was with lvl 3 knuckles and lvl 1 gauntlets.

That gives me 17 str. I'm such a pansy. :/

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Atalkez said:
    Frederich said:
    Monk bashing does sort of suck ass.  Not to mention Inhibit seems to be uh... one of the most useless things in the game???

At least you aren't Blademasters.

Also, I thought Monk could wield an SoA while bashing at the cost of a punch?

Nope.  Wielding ANYTHING in your hands prohibit you from punching.  It only gives you your kick (unless I'm doing it wrong).  Also, no other class loses their offensive capability by wielding an SoA except maybe Druid but...  They also get staff swirl to compensate.

I do more than Ismay on Vertani though.  My punches on Vertani Guards do 1-2% ((as is against most things that I'm supposed to hunt now.  30-40 hits to kill a thing yo)).  That's with 14 STR so... that might be an issue with misreading @Ismay.  Inhibit just doesn't seem to do anything against anyone, I think it's 'intended' to stop enemies from naturally healing themself when you leave the room for too long but.. it's a 10 second status affect so.. they'd have pretty much just started the healing process, and recovered maybe 1%.  Which, later on could probably be the most useful 1% in the game but...  Inhibit seems to be, mostly, a useless battlerage affliction that's never really ever used outside of Wombo Combo's simply because it's inferior.  When I'm hunting, even if my partner makes use of Inhibit.. I never use it.  Clumsy is admittedly the superior status effect because "Hah, miss 1/3rd of the time, nerd." ... Or you know.

Just tornado Kick and Rapid Punching them.

Just make monks moar tanky for pve or something, rune warden is lookin more and more appealing, especially since if I get an SoA, it'll be supported by RW AND Dragonform, should I ever use it.. as opposed to "Well you have an SoA when Dragon.. but it's literally useless every other time."  @Edena suggested to wear it right when I gain balance, then remove it before every combo on an npc.. but since I use queueing I'm pretty much just putting in the attack command 3-4 times and staring at my screen waiting to clear the queues then transmute 1000 to survive.
  • Hmm, could be. I'll do more testing soon, when I can force myself into bashing again, haha.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Monk bashing is pretty bad, yeah. You could probably use an SoA if you sent the punches/kicks as individual attacks, (Like we all used to) but it probably stops the COMBO command.

Seems to me that Inhibit is intended to stop the NPC from healing from those attacks that hurt you and heal themselves, a la red scorpions, UW wisps, the vertani priestess, the Morindar thaumaturge, etc. (Werewolves probably don't count, they break all the other rules, too) If it's not doing that, should probably be bugged.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • I'm pretty sure SoA stops punches no matter what, since even before COMBO no monk had a soa except for prone/telepathy situations.
  • Yes, all Tekura punches have always been stopped by having anything wielded.
  • So, pretty much SoA is useless to a monk for PvE.  Knuckles are... semi useless, since they buff up punches which seem to be about 40% or 50% of the damage from a combo.  (( While they give a large boost to Metamorphosis Maul for PvE )).  They're pretty much more expensive than an artie weapon, considering the Artie Weapons increase SPEED, DAMAGE, and ACCURACY all at once (Meaning Monks have to have the armband and the knuckles)... which is uh... Kinda eh.

#BuffMonkHunting
  • Does Blademaster lose offensive skill if wielding SOA?
  • edited March 2016
    BM's can't even wield a Shield of Absorption.

"* May be used by all classes except Blademasters."

Sooo yeah.  BM and Monks kind of got screwed over and didn't really get bonuses in other areas when battlerage hit.  

Edit:  Just did the math on Arties for a monk.

3200 for 20% accuracy boost and 35% damage boost to your punches.

Punches being somewhere between 40 and 50% of your damage in a combo means a 14-17.5% damage increase.

Differences between LS0 and LS3 <Checked at Phaestian Forge>
    9.25% increase on damage between LS0 and LS3
    9.76% increase on accuracy between LS0 and LS3
    9.89% increase on speed between LS0 and LS3

Differences between LS0 and LS3 <Checked at Phaestian Forge>
    13.9% increase on damage between LS0 and LS3
    9.75% increase on accuracy between LS0 and LS3
    9.67% increase on speed between LS0 and LS3
  • edited March 2016
    Frederich said:
    Also, no other class loses their offensive capability by wielding an SoA except maybe Druid but...  They also get staff swirl to compensate.
    Sylvan too.

That being said, while I was bashing to dragon as Druid, I mostly just used a SoA and didn't bother with a flailed staff. An alias to wield staff/evoke vigour/unwield staff/wield shield against the occasional difficult denizen was all I needed. Once I hit dragon there was zero reason to bash as Druid, because even fully artied it's tremendously crap compared to dragon bashing. And dragon bashing didn't require stopping eventually because of Reflexes drain. Nowadays, without Reflexes? Not worth bothering.

So it's not a lot of compensation in the long run. Druid bashing really needs a bump, I think, along with Monk and BM. For Druid, whether it's decreasing Maul balance times, giving Reflexes back, or something else, I'm not entirely sure where it falls, but I'd say those three are definite low-end classes for bashing.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• No class loses their offense with an SoA? Any 2 handed, DWB, or DWB knight does. And Blade master loses it 100%. 

I never thought I'd see the day monks cried for bashing buffs.

Also, Blademaster could use a little loving. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Not all forms of knights wield shields, either.

So Blademaster, Monk, Sylvan, Druid, and then DWC and DWB for paladin, runewarden, and infernal. I'd say that's a fair spread of people who can't really benefit from the SoA.

One thing to note, is that dragons do benefit, and you can always multiclass later on to a class that does benefit, so pretty much an SoA is always a great investment, and one of those "never trade this in" artefacts.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yeah or trade 3 for class change. Or whatever. 
  • Have traded two myself haha

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.