Classless Discussion Q1 2016

Comments

• Sylvan nerfs
  • Mizik said:
    What's good?
    Getting stuck in blackout spam + 65% axekicks (with fullplate + algiz).

Oh yeah, swpk/hfp/hfp (break leg) -> axekick/hfp/hfp (break other leg) -> axekick -> kai choke is pretty nice to deal with too.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I feel bad for the classlead asking for 'an affliction to stop concentrate'
  • Aegoth said:
    Sylvan nerfs
    For once I agree with Aegoth. That 4-aff burst, coupled with the amount of damage it does is 100% not necessary for the class to remain strong. In between bolt / shockwave damage as well, if their lock doesn't work.

• edited March 2016
    Cynlael said:
    Aegoth said:
    Sylvan nerfs
    For once I agree with Aegoth. That 4-aff burst, coupled with the amount of damage it does is 100% not necessary for the class to remain strong. In between bolt / shockwave damage as well, if their lock doesn't work.
    Someone else needs to classlead about their aff burst. I'm out of classlead space

Also you've agreed with me so many damn times before and have always said "for once". I call bollocks
  • Solution #1:

Give holocausts the "bomberman" effect, allowing them to hit adjacent rooms. The range will increase the longer the timer is set. Fun for everyone!

Part of me wants this only to see the "high score" Aegoth could get during raids.

• wait this says 'classless'
  • edited March 2016
    Aegoth said:
    Cynlael said:
    Aegoth said:
    Sylvan nerfs
    Someone else needs to classlead about their aff burst. I'm out of classlead space

Also you've agreed with me so many damn times before and have always said "for once". I call bollocks
    The times I've disagreed outweigh the times I've agreed. I call bollocks on your mum.

Maybe Mizik wanted to really discuss the people who fit without any class. Like that Aegoth guy and his goku-style spirit bombs.

• edited March 2016
    @Mizik
    Which one are yours?

Mine are 82-92, 106, 107, 109, 110

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • 91 is just bizarre, @Atalkez. Paladin already has a way to capitalise on Hellsight in the form of Damnation, so I'm not sure what problem it really means to address. If the issue is needing to have a head break ready to go or already on the target, then something that specifically addressed that might be better.

• Wtf are you all talking about.  Clearly stated 'classless'.

But since it's been hijacked anyway..

I don't mind sylvan offense terribly, since it's so easy to stall its AP. I DO think we should trim the fat off its do-all aspect. Overgrow should go, for example (better than smudge, ffs). They have like every utility artifact + ability from other classes. 

I'd like to give Blademaster slow but unlimited totem mobility to cope with loss of evade. I want to up its slash health damage. I want to up its bashing. Poor class has been gutted over the years and now I have no hamstringers!

• Switched to Sylvan.. seen people counter the burst damage. Seen people counter the burst affliction. The lock only holds for a short amount of time against most opponents. Heartseed is about the most reliable thing we have and if you don't know to pre-apply on a simple 4 count and prioritise heartseed.. well then you were pretty much screwed the moment you walked in.

• But then, I also don't know what I'm doing, so maybe we have workarounds for said counters? 

• Borran said:
    But then, I also don't know what I'm doing, so maybe we have workarounds for said counters? 
    Sylvan is one of those classes that has pretty much unlimited "workaround" potential. It has a very, very large number of options.
  • edited March 2016
    I still think what Blademaster needs for raids is a long-cooldown old-Poppy ult.

Let them be useful in raids by being ninja-samurai-duelists like they're supposed to be!
  • BMs still exist?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Girl's gotta have her afternoon smoothie.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited March 2016
    Antonius said:

91 is just bizarre, @Atalkez. Paladin already has a way to capitalise on Hellsight in the form of Damnation, so I'm not sure what problem it really means to address. If the issue is needing to have a head break ready to go or already on the target, then something that specifically addressed that might be better.

The classlead specifically is for focus lock help, has nothing to do with limb prep. Damnation is an instant from Hellsight/broken head, and would never take 8 seconds to hit that if you're going for it.

It's just a means of finishing a focus lock without having to just hack a dude to death for 20s after locked just to have rng save them and break the lock.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2016

Atalkez said:
    Antonius said:

91 is just bizarre, @Atalkez. Paladin already has a way to capitalise on Hellsight in the form of Damnation, so I'm not sure what problem it really means to address. If the issue is needing to have a head break ready to go or already on the target, then something that specifically addressed that might be better.

The classlead specifically is for focus lock help, has nothing to do with limb prep. Damnation is an instant from Hellsight/broken head, and would never take 8 seconds to hit that if you're going for it.

It's just a means of finishing a focus lock without having to just hack a dude to death for 20s after locked just to have rng save them and break the lock.
    That's the point of a focuslock. If you make it any more potent, SNB pally will be hilariously OP.

I watched Mizik keep Penwize prone for like 70 seconds in a focuslock (lol omniartied truefavour fullplate).

• Dunn said:

Atalkez said:
    Antonius said:

That's the point of a focuslock. If you make it any more potent, SNB pally will be hilariously OP.

I watched Mizik keep Penwize prone for like 70 seconds in a focuslock (lol omniartied truefavour fullplate).

My thought process was if Hellsight is stuck for 8s you're fucked already anyway affliction wise, but fuck dudes tanking the hack-a-thon after Slike.

• Yeah, pretty much, but I don't think you should get more fucked because of bad RNG. I'd prefer to keep having the chance to break it. It's not that hard to reseal and by that point they should be eating sensitive slices anyways. 

• I want to play Palaserp okay.

Shameless.

• Because I don't have suggestions for classleads, and I don't particularly have any presently thought on solutions worth offering other than 'Get rid of thiiiiis', I'll just leave these skills here that I think cause problems.

My two cents on Sylvan for anyone to bring up:

Flow - This skills is a bit absurd. At the very least I'd like to see that groups can't follow through flow, only the Sylvan flowing.

Overgrowth - Why is this even real?

Lightening - The damage on this is on par with a lupine. Can we not give every Sylvan a free lupine worth of LoS damage?

To this day I still can't fathom how forest defs are an accepted or reasonable thing either, even though that's not a sylvan skill.

• Saeva said:
    Because I don't have suggestions for classleads, and I don't particularly have any presently thought on solutions worth offering other than 'Get rid of thiiiiis', I'll just leave these skills here that I think cause problems.

My two cents on Sylvan for anyone to bring up:

Flow - This skills is a bit absurd. At the very least I'd like to see that groups can't follow through flow, only the Sylvan flowing.

Overgrowth - Why is this even real?

Lightening - The damage on this is on par with a lupine. Can we not give every Sylvan a free lupine worth of LoS damage?

To this day I still can't fathom how forest defs are an accepted or reasonable thing either, even though that's not a sylvan skill.

Because exterms. Delete exterms, delete forest defs, everybody happy. Don't need flow if exterms are removed either, it's literally only useful to jump exterminators. Am okay with it being un-followable then too. 

I'm not gonna deny Sylvan is too good right now, it can use a few nerfs for sure. Monk could still use a few too, though, for similar reasons.
  • Can Mhaldor have a way to make the fog aggressive?
  • Flow would be used for border skirmishes too, to be fair.

IMO flow, elevate (seriously), return, and forest defs are all ridiculous. Don't mind losing exterm to delete those.-
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Tolan said:
    Can Mhaldor have a way to make the fog aggressive?
    No.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Tolan said:
    Can Mhaldor have a way to make the fog aggressive?
    No.
    Killing our lycopods is sorta like exterminating >.>