Quick Questions

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Works for every class/dragonform/etc. You only need to purchase the once. I've used my bow in apostate, magi, and dragon with no problem.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Sweet. Does the artie bow from the seafaring talisman set come with shooting?
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kayeil said:
    Sweet. Does the artie bow from the seafaring talisman set come with shooting?
    Think so, yes.
    Huh. Neat.
  • It does, which is weird because people are griping about paying more than 30cr a piece. Level 1 bow with shooting is 350cr

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Wait, people expect to pay 120cr for something I'd spend 100cr per piece for?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • It seems to be a Mhaldor thing? I heard one Mhaldorian say they thought they should be 30-35 credits, but I haven't seen a single piece advertised below 350k/50cr, usually more.

• Valkyn said:
    It seems to be a Mhaldor thing? I heard one Mhaldorian say they thought they should be 30-35 credits, but I haven't seen a single piece advertised below 350k/50cr, usually more.
    To be fair, I bought a few pieces around 20-35cr, but that was more because people weren't asking much for them, not because I don't think they're worth more.

• Does the buckawns amulet ability actually transfer over when you borrow the amulet? Was hoping to test it out before springing for it.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Easiest way is to look up the power info. They say if it can be borrowed.
  • Oh, cool, thanks Antonius

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I'm new to DWB so might be missing something here, but is there an equivalent for ARC with a blunt weapon? We can taint/arc (+venom) for example, but not taint/somethingwithblunt. Would be nice to be able to do something with a flail instead of having the micro manage wielding a sword (and buy a prof) for arc. 

I've also seen that smashing shield or rebounding with 2h allows a follow up damage attack after you bring shield down but can't see something for DWB, do we have anything similar?
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Most of Arc's power lies in that you can deliver a venom with it, so you'd still want an edged weapon to use for that. A blunt weapon dealing pure damage wouldn't stop an instant kill or strip deafness, so wouldn't really be useful in the way Arc is. Arc isn't dependent on weapon stats, so you could just use a shortsword if you wanted it on the cheap.

2H goes through shield because they're designed as a momentum based class, so spamming shield would be an unfair defense against them, thus they need to be able to punish it. DWB uses "Momentum" but is still mostly a prep-based class, so shield isn't as much of an obstacle for them. (Remember you do have Lagua's passive effect and Expend's right arm effect to stop shield entirely) With DWB's damage, being able to "ignore" shield/rebound like 2H can would be pretty insane, but know that Fracture does get faster the more Momentum you have. It's like a 1s balance with 7-8.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • He doesn't have Lagua since he's not a runie! But I agree in general.
  • What's the timer on limb damage naturally resetting?
  • 3 minutes

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    3 minutes
    Is that per-limb?

Like if you whack someone's left arm at time 0, then you whack their right arm at time 10, will both limbs reset at time 3:10 or will the first one reset at 3:00 and the second at 3:10?
  • Per limb, three minutes since the last time it was hit. The secondary damage from BM slashes doesn't reset the timer.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Antonius said:
    The secondary damage from BM slashes doesn't reset the timer.
    Though it really needs to. It's either easily abusable (if you're benefiting from it) or a royal pain in the ass (if it fouls you).

I should classlead that. Thanks.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Yeah I've abused that for entire weeks vs Atalkez. Was hilarious from my side, not so much from his.
  • Is there a particular reason my mudlet profiles are becoming disk threateningly huge?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited March 2016
    Sobriquet said:
    Is there a particular reason my mudlet profiles are becoming disk threateningly huge?
    Do you have like three thousand old map files? If you don't clean that out regularly it can get pretty big. Just keep the latest few. I haven't done it in a while and reduced it by a few gig.

• Older versions of the profile and map is generally the cause, yes. If you have the delete old profiles package installed (it comes pre-installed for "newer" profiles but you can probably find it easily enough if you don't have it) then 'delete old profiles' and 'delete old maps' will clear the majority out.  You can also go into the directory itself and just delete the ones you don't want.
  • Antonius said:
    Older versions of the profile and map is generally the cause, yes. If you have the delete old profiles package installed (it comes pre-installed for "newer" profiles but you can probably find it easily enough if you don't have it) then 'delete old profiles' and 'delete old maps' will clear the majority out.  You can also go into the directory itself and just delete the ones you don't want.
    Ahah, I knew there was something else I was missing. 8g down to 200mb. :dizzy: 

• Thanks you :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Well, goodbye 11GB of space that I didn't need.

I forgot about doing that.
  • Antonius said:
    Older versions of the profile and map is generally the cause, yes. If you have the delete old profiles package installed (it comes pre-installed for "newer" profiles but you can probably find it easily enough if you don't have it) then 'delete old profiles' and 'delete old maps' will clear the majority out.  You can also go into the directory itself and just delete the ones you don't want.
    Thanks! I didn't know about this and I got 18g...Cleared them!
  • edited March 2016
    Is it possible to trade a L3 weapon in for a different L3 weapon with no credit loss?
  • Tolan said:
    Is it possible to trade a L3 weapon in for a different L3 weapon with no credit loss?
    Not usually. You could message Tecton, if you have a valid reason why such should be granted.

More often than not, you have to incur the 33% loss like every other trade-in.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Tolan said:
    Not usually. You could message Tecton, if you have a valid reason why such should be granted.

More often than not, you have to incur the 33% loss like every other trade-in.
    If that weapon was a knight weapon purchased before knights gained weaponmastery, yes. If not, Atalkez correct.