Denizen ID Database

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
Hi!

I realize there are some resources out there like The Achaean Denizen Database Project, but that one's horribly out of date and incomplete (only about 1/4 of the denizens total), so I figured I'd drop this here for anyone to use if they'd like.

List of all numbered denizens I could grab, names/IDs for all and areas for some. Good background for a walkto reference or searching for denizens. Available in csv and sql format. May as well save you all the time of collecting the 24k denizens or so (those who haven't already, anyway). Just over 10k of the denizens have areas. 2753 of 3765 uniquely named denizens have areas.

Up to date as of early February, should have most if not all denizens.

Enjoy.
Huh. Neat.

Comments

• Foozle will never be the same.  :'(
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Isn't walkto deactivated for fozzles anyway?  Though I suppose a list like this is going to be rather useful anyway.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Yes, WALK TO is disabled during foozle.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You are too far away from the incomprehensible mind of the Lord of Oblivion to walk there automatically.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Krypton said:
    You are too far away from the incomprehensible mind of the Lord of Oblivion to walk there automatically.
    One of my favorites :>

30030 is pretty good too.

267377 is interesting.

I need to sneak a peek at 139298.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited March 2016
    Gaheris Lighthawk is in there with two different ID's?

ETA: Sorry, not picking holes. More Curiosity. (Don't yell at me)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

All the newbie intro characters have two IDs because the ones in the cities are different entities from the ones that appear in the pygmy dungeons.
    Krypton said:
    All the newbie intro characters have two IDs because the ones in the cities are different entities from the ones that appear in the pygmy dungeons.
    A lot of them have more than two.

One has like 25 :open_mouth: 
    Huh. Neat.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Possibly a different one for every section of the main questline, would be my guess.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Lorielan said:
    As one of the Gods with an item on Ahmet's extra interesting list pulled from the main, I'd like to mention how much folks in the RP side of things hate this sort of datamining.

When you take time to go out of your way to create new and interesting things, easter eggs, secrets, special interactions for the game, it's fairly disheartening to have someone spam through a list of numbers to find out what's attached to each, using a system that's supposed to assist players in playing the game to achieve this sort of database.

From a creating person's standpoint it's discouraging and demoralising when suddenly players start asking us to share things that we're "secretly" working on. It can strip the magic away from a new release, can draw the ooo factor out of the special things we try to do, and makes the people working on the creative expansions wonder to themselves why they should bother planning special release events when everyone knew X area, or Y creature already existed.
    I also imagine brute force spamming WALK TO X can't be good on the server.  To discourage it, the WALK TO failure message should not translate numbers into denizen names, so the only feedback you'll be able to get with WALK TO X is just "You are too far away from 12345 to walk there automatically." instead of "You are too far away from Rurin, the Crafter to walk there automatically."

Yes, that'll still tell you that a denizen with ID#12345 exists, but that could just be someone's shipmate or a city guard or whatever.
    I'll just shut up and go back to sitting in my corner then :(
    Penwize said:

I also imagine brute force spamming WALK TO X can't be good on the server.
    Probably not, but I put a reasonable delay on it (once a second ftw) and only ran it at low-pop times.

And @Lorielan I can somewhat understand what you're saying, but it also helps hype things up on our end when we have a bit (or a lot) of warning that something's upcoming or going to happen. Tbqf, if I knew nothing about the upcoming areas I'd be much more frustrated with the state of exploration than I am now. Holding out that bit of hope is nice, and keeps me from going insane knowing that at this point my explorer ranking is almost entirely reliant on the off chance of ridiculous kindness or complete idiocy of others.

Maybe that's just me.

Tl;dr: Keeping stuff to myself from now on.
    Huh. Neat.
    Some people enjoy the element of surprise. Other people enjoy cracking secrets / being in the know. Not sure why it's necessarily demoralizing when the latter group succeeds in cracking a mystery, and gets enjoyment out of that.
  • Have I missed something here? Who's leaked what? I thought this was just a mob list

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Sobriquet said:
    Have I missed something here? Who's leaked what? I thought this was just a mob list
    The point is that people can 'leak' things through these lists by finding the ids of denizens/things that have yet to be officially unveiled. And I agree with Lorielan that it definitely sucks.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• The only person who leaked here anything was the coder who made the function to translate a denizens number into the name. Without Ahmets posting, people would've used this anyway, albeit privately and available to a select few. Props to Ahmet for bringing this into the public light.
    Well it's certainly fixed up now, so no more datamining! (for now muahhahaha)

Huh. Neat.
  • ColganoColgano Nebraska
    I used this db as a learning tool for the db: functions, and it was quite fun to learn it. I made a way to view the contents in game.

I've made a way to search for the mob by name, or you can list all the mobs in an area. :)

Anyway, I appreciate the database if for no other reason than it gave me a way to learn using actual data.
    That indenting

*twitch*

:p
    Huh. Neat.
  • Colgano said:
    I used this db as a learning tool for the db: functions, and it was quite fun to learn it. I made a way to view the contents in game.

I've made a way to search for the mob by name, or you can list all the mobs in an area. :)

Anyway, I appreciate the database if for no other reason than it gave me a way to learn using actual data.
    I need to do this also - looks like a neat way to learn db
    Ahmet said:
    That indenting

*twitch*

:p
    Sadly, you have no idea how long it took me to get it looking even THAT good. Like I said, it was a learning experience and a valuable one at that.  Thanks for your contribution.

Feel free to suggest an easier way to format that. I had to go with string.cut() because I couldn't figure out any other way to do it. I welcome the lesson @Ahmet ...

And @Dairon it was totally worth the time. Best way to learn it is to do it. B)=)
    @Ahmet I fixed the spacing just for you.

:)