Character retirement

1789101113»

Comments

• Tecton said:
    Grandue said:
    Skye said:
    I'm really angry about retirement. Not because of retirement itself but the way some people have gone about it. 

I get that ultimately retirement is an ooc thing with ooc benefits, but I'm looking at my Order members list and there's suddenly all these people I haven't seen in forever listed as active so I get all excited... only when you honours them, you realise they retired. It's like, these are people I used to play with ages ago, and you don't even have the decency to say hi or bye or spend a few last moments with friends. We even have some who are active but just retire without a word too. 

As someone whose last remaining org is the Order, it's really hurtful that some of these people just poof without even looking back. Not cool, guys. Seriously not cool. 
    How about the person who puts all the books from the largest library in the world in their home during the Reno and then promptly qq' until retirement is introduced only to log in, retire, and lose hundreds upon hundred of books written over the course of hundreds of years. How about that guy? :angry: 
    Not many (if any) got destroyed - when this matter was raised a couple of weeks ago, I went through and checked and they're all either being held by active people or in the library of the new houses. I only did a sample of about 30 - 40 random ones, but every single one of them is still there.
    Yeah Tecton did a bang up job on this and went above and being overly helpful and it ended up being a non issue. I'm sorry Grandue I tried to let everyone know that we did have them and it would be ok. I do think backing that kinda thing up lorewise is a good idea though 
  • Tecton said:
    Grandue said:
    Skye said:
    I'm really angry about retirement. Not because of retirement itself but the way some people have gone about it. 

I get that ultimately retirement is an ooc thing with ooc benefits, but I'm looking at my Order members list and there's suddenly all these people I haven't seen in forever listed as active so I get all excited... only when you honours them, you realise they retired. It's like, these are people I used to play with ages ago, and you don't even have the decency to say hi or bye or spend a few last moments with friends. We even have some who are active but just retire without a word too. 

As someone whose last remaining org is the Order, it's really hurtful that some of these people just poof without even looking back. Not cool, guys. Seriously not cool. 
    How about the person who puts all the books from the largest library in the world in their home during the Reno and then promptly qq' until retirement is introduced only to log in, retire, and lose hundreds upon hundred of books written over the course of hundreds of years. How about that guy? :angry: 
    Not many (if any) got destroyed - when this matter was raised a couple of weeks ago, I went through and checked and they're all either being held by active people or in the library of the new houses. I only did a sample of about 30 - 40 random ones, but every single one of them is still there.
    Thank you! This bomb was dropped on me and last I was informed they were just all gone. Good to know we didn't lose 400+ books. 
  • I actually didn't realize my house would be destroyed either or I would've emptied my own library first. The thought didn't occur to me, though it makes sense. Thankfully, my library only had a few books so not much loss. The house itself was being built for Mhaldor, but hadn't really been shown to many yet, so not a huge loss, but a little sad. Would be cool if things like that could be transferred.
  • edited February 2016
    Quick question, are unused credits on a character or game-specific account counted towards a retirement value or do you have to spend them on something?
    Murad exclaims, "I give you Questing Cats!"
  • They are counted, but will be transferred at the reduced rate. If they are OOC credits you can try to trade someone for them (ie: you have 100 in Lusternia, you ask someone to give you 100 in Achaea)

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    I'm a bit torn. I've already retired one character, but I'm also considering retiring Fitz. The first was an easy choice, Fitz not so much.

• Apologies if this has already been addressed but... how long does it usually take for retirement to go through? I've done all of the steps, but it's been 5 (going on 6) days. Is this normal?
  • Sargaron said:
    Apologies if this has already been addressed but... how long does it usually take for retirement to go through? I've done all of the steps, but it's been 5 (going on 6) days. Is this normal?
    It depends largely on the game, and the character. I believe it needs to get approved by the game and then by IRE itself. I had some go through in a day, and I had some that took several days.
  • edited March 2016
    Tecton said:
    Exxia said:
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone had an idea about the specific time frame that it took until the retirement process was over? It's been around 3 days since confirmation for me. Also, just out of curiosity, what would make a character (who is in theory eligible) marked ineligible for retirement by the administration? Thanks.
    1) Timeframe varies based on number of requests and generally how busy we are. Weekends have a higher retirement request rate as more people have the time to log in.

2) Lots of things, but mainly suspicious activity that looks like someone is up to no good.
    In answer to your question, @Sargaron
  • Ooooooooh this is perfect. I've been thinking about making a new character and jumping back into Achaea for a while now (I still get the emails and get nostalgic lmao) but one of the big hurdles was dang, I spent so much money on Concorde I'm reluctant to start anyone new, but Concorde's so old and distant now. I really might give this a shot.